Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Koukol

I was so impressewd with the tine he spent with me re: my up coming surgery. He was able to explain to me in terms a layman can understand . He was so caring and kind. His entire staff was so helpful.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Had 3 kidney stone surgeries went out of his way to make sure i was in good hands each time. Steve

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I found Dr. Koukol to be very attentive to all my questions and he spent a very fair amount of time with me. He showed me the scans as he explained everything. I would certainly recommend him to friends and would go back for any further medical needs. He is very difficult to get into for an appointment, but during an emergency for kidney stones I had very little wait time.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I would have been a new patient. My first two appointments with Dr Koukol were cancelled by his office claiming he was called away on an emergency. His schedule is apparently very full because from the first appointment and both reschedules the is a long wait. Finally I get to his office, wait until 50 minutes past scheduled appointment, after arriving 30 minutes early as requested by staff because I was a new patient. The staff couldn't tell me how much longer it would be and didn't seem to care either so I walked out. I don't know if the doctor is any good, I've never seen him. I wasted two months trying to get seen and helped

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

wouldn't help me witjh anything wast of time no pain releif no asking if i was in pain horrible

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Very upset with visit. I felt like like I had to fight to get 5 minutes with Dr. Koukol. Never received any straight answers to my questions. I also do not appreciate accusations as to the reason for my visit. Would not recommend and would actually warn anyone to go elsewhere. Wish I could have a refund because I received zero care.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Had a kidney stone issue and landed in Methodist Hospital. Doctor explained I had kidney stones and gave me operating options. I chose invasive laser surgery to remove stones. Every looked and went well after surgery and I left in 24 hours for home recovery. The next 3 - 4 days was a nightmare. Urinated blood every time. Called his office and was told that it is normal after surgery. I explained that I felt that the operation did not go well as I was in pain on at night. Finally landed in hospital again when my blood and urination became gel-like. The pain unbearable. Another Urologist worked on me. Found out after first surgery there was a cut in one of my veins in the kidney and was not cauterized which was bleeding out. Was told that the kidney could have failed permanently had I not gone to hospital. Went to confront him in Appt. Asked him why he was not in the hospital and why he chose the scalpel instead of laser as chosen thus cut my vein. He denied everything. Shameful!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Dr. Steven C. Koukol's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)