Ratings for Dr. Glenn M. Preminger

I have been battling cystine kidney stones all my life. My local urologist became knew of the drug THIOLA that was successful in treatment of cystine stones, but because of potential side effects, I was referred to Dr. Preminger for treatment. My first encounter with Dr. Preminger was totally negative as he displayed the cold personality described by other reviewers. However after a "heart-to-heart" talk his attitude did a "180" and we have been able to communicate on a caring doctor-patient level ever since. But, I didn't go to Dr. Preminger to be bathed in charm; I went because of his professional knowledge in treatment of kidney stones, and cystine stones in particular. And, I am thankful that today my condition is very much improved. Thank you, Dr. Preminger. My advice to you who feel hurt by his rough bedside manner, get over it! You're there for medical help, not to be coddled; get to a working relationship with doctor & staff and you will receive excellent care.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Why is there not a way to give this doctor zero stars? I've never met such a mean and cold doctor in my entire life. The only way you can deal with him is if you have absolutely nothing to say. He cut me off with every word I uttered. I have a chronic kidney condition and produce dozens of stones a year. I have four kids. I know what pain is. He did not want to hear anything I had to say. At one point he was yelling at me. I had been warned that he was a jerk. I didn't expect it to be half as bad as it was. Though I am following through with his medication advice, I am terrified to go back and let him operate on me. How can a person treat another person the way he does and continue to practice? The only reason I'm even contemplating it is due to all of my pain and the fact that he is supposedly the best. Nervous about the future...

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I see the comment that was posted on Sept 12 2014 must be somebody from his staff. This doctor is a prick and could care less about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I had been told by my referring physician that Dr. Preminger's bedside manner was somewhat lacking, but that he was the best there was on kidney stones. (I had been referred previously to another urologist who had not even reviewed the right chart before he met with me, so I had asked my primary to send me to someone else. I also had been treated by another urologist years before). I drove from Fayetteville and arrived at Duke, parked, went in, and was being processed almost immediately. I had no waiting time whatsoever when I got there. The first resident physician I met with was great, but clearly was just getting background information. When I met with Dr. Preminger, I was pleasantly surprised. He was Absolutely Great. He listened to what I had to say, he explained everything to me in detail, told me what they could do for me, assured me that if I had problems that they could promptly get me in and taken care of, etc. I have had an extensive history with kidney stones and he assured me they would be able to stop them. We did a 48 hour urine collection, he came up with a combination of meds that he said should help, I have been back since for further testing, and it appears the problem is in my past (which is significant since I have had over thirty stones in the last 10 years). The bottom line is Dr. Preminger was great - friendly, attentive, polite, informative, and he took the time to explain everything and answer all my questions. He also didn't make me feel like he was in any rush (unlike most doctors). I don't know about what the other folks posting on here experienced, but I can tell you this guy was great, professional, and knows what he is doing. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I thought I was the only one. I saw this doctor and his associate a few weeks ago due to chronic kidney stones. The 1st doctor who came in was Dr. Muhammad Iqbal. This joke of a doctor was uncaring, showed ZERO empathy, and everytime I would try and talk to him he would cut me off. I have never seen such an unprofessional and unlikeable doctor. I guess he thinks since he has a medical degree, he is just above everybody. He made me feel like I was being a nuisance rather than a patient, even though he was getting paid by my insurance. After he left, I thought to myself Dr. Preminger cannot be like him, he is after all the head of Duke Urology. Preminger came in and the man was like ice. Uncaring and just flat out cold. I have never in my life seen such uncaring doctors. Needless to say, I will be going to UNC for my urology for now on. The longer drive is worth it. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

***PT'S PLEASE BEWARE*** The most cold, callous, heartless, unprofessional urologist I have ever seen in my life.I have a history of kidney stones not showing up on x-rays but having chills, flank pain radiating to ABD, burning pain in Lt groin w/ strange sensations hitting me in pelvic bone x9wks. I was diagnosed by this doctor with having kidney stones but told the symptoms I was experiencing was not coming from kidney stone pain because kidney stones can't hide on 2 different x-ray films. CT of ABD, IVP, CBC, BMP & urinalysis normal however remember he just diagnosed me w/ kidney stones. Doesn't make much sense right? This doctor offered me no help what so ever! I was told the only thing he could do was get a 24 hr urine to find out what my kidney stones were made of & offered an appt 2 mths later. It's AMAZING to me that a physician who treats his patients in this manner could hold an honorable title like Chief of Urology at Duke. Interesting factor, his staff does not recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

Dr. Glenn M. Preminger's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1977)

Wellpoint