Ratings for Dr. Derek Godinho

This doctor has the worst bedside manner I've experienced, anywhere. Impatient, aggressive and could give a darn about your feelings or pain.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I never met the Dr. Godinho until after several appointments at his office just before surgery for cataract. He was bordering on rude and not very friendly. I got the impression their interest was financial. When the government started to pay for soft lenses, he immediately jumped his charge by the previous amount he was able to charge. Additionally, he said I had to be at the LG Hospital @ 9:30 AM, but did not take me in until 3:30 in the afternoon. Then they immediately tried to book me for operation on my 2nd eye. I didn't think I needed that operation, and that has been confirmed by my current ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

A huge thank you to Dr. Godinho and the great staff at his clinic for taking care of both of my parents cataract surgeries. I was nervous about the process especially because I am their main care giver. Dr. Godinho came highly recommended as a skilled surgeon and now I know why. Both of my parents surgical outcomes are amazing(both now seeing great distances without glasses!). His office is efficient, modern, clean and the staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and reassuring. We almost miss going in for our appointments! I experience wait times in all doctors appointments and found this routine(the only less than positive thing I can say about our experience.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

This doctor saved me from going blind. I suffer from Diabetic Retinopathy. I have been seeing him for more than 10 years now...I have had many lazer treatments by him. I am followed just about every 3 months. He is always polite, kind...understanding and empathetic...he really makes me feel like he truly cares about my eyesight. I would never want to loose him as my eye specialist...he is, truthfully, the only doctor I have never failed to go see as scheduled. His staff is polite and efficient and I can only say I would highly recommend him to anyone requiring specialized eye care...my only complaint...i wish he was closer to Langley...im formerly from North Vancouver and I hate the traffic to get to the office, but having said that...he is absolutely worth the drive and wait. Thank you Dr. Godinho...

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

For cataract surgery I was not properly informed of the options and found doctor very curt and unhelpful. Abrased cornea during surgery. After five weeks still do not have proper vision in eye.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I have never needed an ophthalmologist before suffered a sports Injury to the eye. Dr G was totally professional, and took the time to explain everything to me and fixed my injury. Highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Very unhelpful after having severe headache over one eye after cataract surgery. One eye had to be "resurfaced which touched a nerve still causing swelling and pain after 6 months. Should hae had a second opinion. His bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

There is such a long wait for Dr. Godinho because he is extremely good at what he does. so of course there is going to be a high demand and you're going to be waiting. That alone should make you feel confident that you are in good hands. You do not want to fool around with your eyes. We can't be more positive with our experience with Dr. Godinho. He is thorough and up to date with many ways of dealing with our eye issues. Wouldn't go anywhere else. He's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I have AMD and it is almost 2 years I see Dr. Godinho. He is very considerate and good doctor. I like him.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Overcharged. Waits are long. Horrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010