Ratings for Dr. Mark Nigro

Immediately diagnosed the problem after two other urologists couldn't. Great doctor and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Nigro for a long time. He has done many procedures for me. He is a very talented person in his field. I am lucky he is my Doctor.- WalterNovak

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Have been going for years & have had two major procedures done with him. Excellent.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I recently had a vasectomy by Dr Nigro and everything went smoothly. We had good conversion to take my mind off the procedure and the end result was a successful snip.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Staff is exceptionally rude and unhelpful. My GP's office warned me that I would find them high handed and uncaring and sure enough they were right. Melanie couldn't have been more rude. Bureaucracy run amok? Dr Nigro is a kind man. Perhaps he can speak to his staff to ensure that they carry that same attitude into their office.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Very knowledgeable, listens well and puts your mind at ease , explains the procedures well !

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Dr. Nigro listens well and looks at you while explaining. He is knowledgeable, thoughtful, and concerned. I've seen him a few times (kidney stones, cystoscopy). He recognized my anxiety and was very empathetic. I feel confident with his care and would thoroughly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

He is very insensitive Dr. He doesn't care about his patients or to find out the reasons of their condition. He didn't want to request any exams even when I was suffering for months. He will leave you in the office alone and on tears. He is the worst dr. I don't recommend this dr to anybody. I felt really sad after his appointment. I waited For 2 months on pain and discomfort,and he told that he couldn't, help me. Instead he told me to go back to my family dr and get a referral to another specialist. I have never felt so disappointed with a dr. If you want to feel better or healthier, you should never go to see dr. Nitro. He is the worst and has no heart

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

It was the worst experience of my life. First of all his office cancelled on me 3 times for appointments I had to book 3-4weeks in advance. Then when I finally went for my vasectomy I had to wait almost an hour. He came in and barely said 2 words then when he froze me he didn't wait to be sure I was numb and he cut into me and started tugging away and put me in extreme pain that I almost just up off the bed. He had to freeze me some more. My fiance was in the room while the procedure was being performed and she expressed some concern about how rough he was being. He stitched up the incisions and said you are all done. I've had nothing but problems with this supposedly simple procedure. I've had swelling, pain and a hard ball where the incision is and it is killing me. I called his office and the receptionists were extremely thoughtless and rude. I finally went in to see the dr that was filling in for Dr Nigro bcuz he was away and the dr sent me for an ultrasound bcuz he examined me and noticed the hard ball where the incision was. I've had nothing but the run around from his office and the other dr. I don't understand how you can get a procedure done and then have a problem and the dr or his receptionist care to help and resolve it. This is a persons body we are talking about. I will never go back to him and would NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I went for urodynamics and I am a paraplegic and it was performed at Blossom @VGH. It was the worst experience ever. He was very rude and told me I was fat and couldn't have an iliostomy bcz of that. I didn't want that anyways. When he did the procedure it caused shooting pains into my kidneys to the point I was paralyzed in pain and he did the test TWICE so double the pain. I told the staff to stop and they couldn't understand that I was in pain. The table I was on was inappropriate and they didn't help me to get back in my wheelchair. What a useless doctor and staff. I had Dr. Howard Fender for years and then he left practise and he was the best.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016