Ratings for Dr. Garrick R. Simmons

I started seeing a Dr. Simmonsn 2007 for urinary frequency and concerns to prostate cancer. I was only 52 years of age. I had never seen a urologist before so didn't know what to expect. I was digitally examined and prostate was normal size for my age. PSA was OK. In fall of 2008 I started to have urinary incontinence at night and any time I fell asleep for that matter. I started seeing Dr. Simmons again as before in July 2007. I pissed in a small cup and again had a digital exam, prostate was 2+ OK for my age according to Dr. Simmons. He put me on Flomax and was treated. I saw Dr. Simmons every four weeks all fall, winter and early spring of 2008 and 2009. I continued to have urinary incontenance through the night going through 4-6 diapers a night. In late spring I switched Urologist in same practice Five Valley Urology in Missoula, MT, Dr. Westenfelder. Point being, in over two years of seeing both these Docs they never did a simple bladder scan. Now I have stage 5 kidney failure.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I went to Dr. Simmons for continued male hormone replacement therapy (HRT)) with the urging from my primary care doctor. After the first visit, I was assigned a PA then a second PA. The second PA directed me to stop my current HRT and start a completely different protocol. Since then, I have found a real HRT doctor that informed me to "definately NOT stop" HRT. After recieving my records from Dr. Simmons office to send to my HRT doctor, I read many things that were never discussed but were written none the less into my records. I'm not sure who or why this occured. My hormones are now balanced and feeling good thanks to my HRT doctor. Five Valleys Ugology (Dr. Simmons) may be very knowledgeable concerning urology but I will never return for HRT!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr. Garrick R. Simmons's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)