Ratings for Dr. Janet L. Elliot

Injured my knee. Told me nothing was wrong, put me in a knee brace and sent me on my way. Didn’t even want to look at the x-rays nor did she even know we did them until I told her. After spending 2 weeks in a brace with it popping and giving out. I stepped in the bed of my truck and damaged my knee even worse than before. Went to the ER. The ER doctor told me to see her first thing in the morning and that she needed to do an mri. She wanted to straighten my knee out (as I could not fully extend it) even after the ER doctor doctor told me absolutely not to do so. She could have damaged things much worse had I let her. After a long fought argument and a few choice words I got the mri. Not because she recommended it but because I wanted it. Told me good luck getting workers comp to cover it. Did the mri. The surgeon contacted me and told me to stay off it and we are doing surgery ASAP. 3 days later I’m on the cutting table. I’ve spent over a month with a bad knee that could have easily been resolved and with much less recovery time if this woman had done her job in the first place. The surgeon said I was lucky that I did not damage my acl. I have six weeks of recovery time to look forward to. Over the course of the last month I have ran into 6 people that have had almost the exact experience as I have. Thanks for nothin doc.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Worst doctor I've ever met. She is very rude and calls you a drug seeker.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I had a terrible experience with the "good" Dr. Elliot. She belittled me in the office to the point where I was in tears. I had to beg her to take an x ray of my leg. She told me that there was nothing wrong with my leg and I needed to walk without a limp using normal gait (even though I could hardly bare weight on it). I was in terrible pain for 9 days (I couldn't sleep, I had so much pain I was vomiting). My insurance case worker approved an appointment for an orthopedic who listened to my symptoms and looked at the same x ray that she took and diagnosed that I had a broken leg. She needs to stop hurting people!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

A buddy of mine fell off a ladder, she told him it would be fine. Later, he found out he had a broken leg/knee from another doctor, don't walk on it, then had to have surgery. Same thing happened to me months later, she told me to take a pill and it would go away in few months, now over a year later in leg braces. Don't trust anything she says.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

Dr. Janet L. Elliot's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo-Kansas City Sch Of Med, Kansas City Mo 64108 (Grad. 1981)

Workers Comp