Ratings for Dr. Judith Mills

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Amen to you Pam-well said! I am with you in your sentiments about this doctor, and I also had a wonderful experience with Doctor Mills. What she did to help me was the most that anyone has ever done, and she deserves others to care about HER right now. Whatever is wrong, Doctor Mills, I am with you in prayers for strength, and that you come out of this well. You deserve the support of people who know how good and caring you really are, as a doctor. Doctors are people too! Heather

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I am shocked by the negative comments I see on this site. Dr Mills helped save my life. She never talked about her personal life nor cross any boundaries. She never cancelled appointments and always called back the same day. She even went the extra mile for me when I was almost homeless and raised some funds from a church to help me get an apartment. Perhaps it is unprofessional as some of you seem to suggest in your situation but has anyone asked themselves as to whether she is herself in a crisis or in bad health or going through a difficult time. Dr's are human. As well in good therapy a patient has to be trying and to take steps as well as taking control of their healing Dr.s are not babysitters. I am very sorry to hear this. Dr Mills if you read this I, Pam am behind you all the way.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2010

Dr. Mills was a good doctor when I could contact her, but she was very hard to get a hold of and then a few years back, she just dropped me as a patient for no reason. I have never heard from her again. That really upset me and shows me that she wasn't a good professional.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia announced Thursday that Dr. Judith Mills of Halifax has been suspended from the practice of medicine on an interim basis. The suspension began April 28, 2010, and is in place until further notice.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

I am ambivalent about Dr. Mills. While I can't write her off as being a poor psychiatrist, some boundaries were crossed (she might not see it that way, but witnessing aspects of her personal life, and in some ways becoming her confidant, compromised the dr/patient relationship). I read a comment about one patient feeling dropped; the same thing happened to me, without explanation. Um, like, did I fail therapy or something? :)

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

I was a patient of Judy Mills for a long time. However, she effectively disappeared from practice in November 2009 leaving me to deal with a health crisis on my own. Thankfully my GP agreed to prescribe psych. meds; however, regardless of when or if Judy Mills contacts me, I will not be returning to her practice. I credit her with making the correct diagnosis and with being a kind and caring woman who went out of her way to help me get well. However, I need a psychiatrist who is available when needed (or at least for regular appointments) and can't wait for Dr.Mills to re-open her practice, especially when she doesn't communicate her intent to patients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I loved Dr. Mills as Psychiatrist. I always felt comfortable with her and appreciated everything she did to make me get to a more stable place than many others I have seen. I at last got a proper diagnose. However she has currently disappeared and none or few of her patients have been able to contact her after having left many voice mails. Please come back Dr.Mills or inform your patients what is happening. I miss you care and kindness. I have much faith in you!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

Dr mills is a doctor that really cares about seeing you as a whole person prusuing health as though you own it, I have seen her before and her forward thibking has saved my life, enough said, she is a fatastic doctor that truly loves her patients, She is invaluable. She really cares ABOUT HER PATIENTS.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

She spends more time talking about herself than anything. She also canceled more appointments than she kept and often she didn't even call to cancel, I would show up and she just wasn't there. I feel she is very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009