Ratings for Dr. Douglas Rix

I have 3 children in care with Dr Rix. We all leave happy after the visits. (of course there are some hurdles to get over like spacers before band fitting or getting use to the expander. I find the staff empathetic and patient; In my opinion that is huge! I'm happy with the progress and am going to start treatment myself once my kids are done. I would recommend this office to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Pleased with the change in reception staffing at the office. Some emergencies do arise, so I understand that sometimes wait times are longer. Other times they are right on. I am happy with the number of choices in treatment that are possible in this office. Myobrace requires patient compliance, but invisalign and regular braces are also offered.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Avoid this office! Dr Rix and the ladies upfront are NOT helpful . We often leave the office feeling like bad about ourselves and as if we are inconveniencing the office. Appointment times are extremely inconvenient. The myobrace has been a complete waste of money.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

Very impressed with what the myobrace program can achieve. I have two kids that have been through the program, with no braces needed! Happy family over here!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

SO happy with my smile! Dr Rix and his wonderful staff are undoubtably the best, most professional and kind office I have ever experienced. Will recommend to anyone seeking orthodontic work!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I've never written a review before, but feel compelled to after seeing the most recent ratings. I can't say enough about Dr. Rix Orthodontics. My son's beautiful smile has been achieved through a Myobrace alone. No braces required! It has corrected a major overbite and his crooked teeth. Just need to remember to do those exercises every day. I still have horrible memories of my orthodontic experience as a teen. And despite all that work, my teeth are shifting again now that I'm in my 40's. Glad that my son's experience has been so much better. With the tongue training he's also received, my hope is that he won't have shifting issues once he hits my age. Dr. Rix is very kind and knowledgeable as are his staff. Treatment will officially end next month...as predicted when we went in for our first consultation. I highly recommend Dr. Rix and continue to do so to all my friends.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I completely agree with the last two reviews; their reviews mirror the experience I have had this past year. The front desk staff have been absolutely HORRIBLE with me and my children. What I don't appreciate the most about these front desk ladies is listening to them GOSSIP about clients and telephone calls they have received and loud enough for people to hear in the wait room! I am so appalled by this that I physically need to restrain myself from going up to front desk to ask them to please stop. This is the apitomy of unprofessional, disrespectful behaviour! There is NO such thing as getting in for an emergency app't. The app't wait time is LONG. You wait in the office for obscene amounts of time when you are on time for an app't. I find Dr. Rix and his back staff to be very kind, knowledgeable and efficient. If it were up to me, I would fire the ENTIRE front desk staff and replace. They represent Dr. Rix unfairly and give his office a bad feel and name. You need to hire front desk staff that are kind, respectful, patient, professional and accommodating. It would be also nice to hire a person that isn't shy to pick up the phone. I have seen them gossiping and completely ignore phone calls. No wonder I can't get through when I call. I always need to leave a message. I wouldn't recommend this office to anyone solely on the front desk staff.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

We have been disappointed with Dr. Rix’s office. Our daughter started with the Myobrace over a year ago. The program that was established for us was for one year. I am afraid as to what to expect financially as we move forward. At our original consultation we were told that we would come for monthly visits. They actually book you for about 6 weeks out. You are expected to come in when it works for the office. I don’t think they can appreciate that I have to take time off work travel to pick up our daughter and for her to miss school. I think her appointments are about every 7 weeks. They also have lots of vacation time in the summer, Fridays, Spring break, Christmas, any time when it might be convenient to come in when your child is off of school. They often keep you waiting without an apology. One time I brought it to Dr. Rix’s attention that we had waited for 45 minutes. He kind of shrugged. His assistant later explained to me that he had some challenges removing someone’s braces and was running behind. She gave my daughter an extra wooden reward coin for the wait. Our daughter was having some discomfort with her Myobrace. It needed a little adjustment. We called the office and could not get in. We were crushed that they didn’t’ appear to care. I took her to our dentist for help. The app for the exercises are locked. I can’t see why they hold these so tight. Would it be so terrible to look at a level that you are not on? It is useless and we have never used it. I feel Dr. Rix could be a little more supportive with our 7-year-old daughter. She needs a little positive reinforcement. She wears her brace every night and does her best with the exercises. I think she does well. The front desk ladies I find to be a little less than helpful. I couldn’t log in when we arrived for a first visit as I didn’t know the order to put in the password which is the DOB. She barked at me. It is on the note on the screen. Yup, there was a strip on the top of the lap top that said YMD. I didn’t see it. One time my daughter had a drink from the water cooler. She put her drink on the top of a game center. The receptionist stomped over took her drink without a word. I had to explain to our sweet girl that I don’t think were allowed to put our water up there. On a positive note… I find most of the ladies that support our daughter with her exercises to be helpful and friendly. Gloria is very supportive and makes our daughter feel good about her exercise. I would not recommend this office. Sorry!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Rix's front staff are horrible. Just horrible. Dr. Rix himself is fine.... but ONLY helpful if you have lots of money. In our case we have no coverage, so need to only do the work that is absolutely necessary. He can't seem to understand this. I've tried to explain to him that we will pay for work that is medically necessary - but not just for esthetic reasons. He can't seem to understand that. It's all about money with him! Felt very pressured. Did not like him or his staff at all! Went elsewhere and got much better service! Do yourself a favor and skip going to this office!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Rix himself is a great orthodontist and has wonderful bedside manner. The problem I have is with the lengthy wait to get an appointment. I am extremely busy in my third year of nursing and I sometimes do not know what my schedule will be like until classes start. This makes it extremely difficult to book 2- 3 months in advance because I have no idea what my schedule will be that far ahead. The ladies at the front desk are not the nicest. They seem to get easily annoyed and they are not that friendly. Whenever I have had to call and reschedule and attempt to find a time that works, they act burdened by me. I have met plenty of receptionists at various medical offices that are much friendlier and understanding. It would be nice if they could figure something out in regards to scheduling and create a better system for their clients.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. Douglas Rix's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.