You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel

So thankful to Dr. Taweel for introducing me to the Alfredson's Protocol to strengthen and heal my achilles. His in office demonstration, knowledge and confidence of the eccentric loading provided the best therapy. After 6 weeks, I am cleared to return to running and Ironman training. Staff and overall experience is the tops.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I had two visits with Dr. Taweel. It was a pleasure to have such good service. His assistant Matt was very upbeat. That is very important to me. I would highly recommend Dr. Taweel to all of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Knowledge and friendly! Dr. Tawheel treated my son for heel pain. He explained the situation to both of us so we could understand the condition and the treatment. When we went back for a re-evaluation, he remembered us and my son's sports interests. He praised my son for following the instructions, and told him that's why he healed so well. Our appointment was quick, but not rushed.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Great outcome-exceeded expectations in all phases!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Was fine until I developed a problem. My foot had numbness and leg had burning after being in a plaster cast for a broken heel bone. Did not refer me to another dr at Rothman and told me I did not need to come back after I was told to use an Arizona brace for tissue damage. He never sent me for an mri for this problem. Also stated I did not need to go back to therapy after the 4 months of using the brace as he stated that I said I did not find therapy helpful. Never made that statement. Still puzzled as to why there were spine doctors across the hall but he could not make a referral to one.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Love dr T! He is compassionate and caring. One of the first who had answers and resources. The staff is also excellent. Would highly recommend . Can say from personal experience, the best ortho/ podiatrist, and I have seen many.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

AWESOME DOCTOR!!!!!!! Kind, patient, caring !!!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I find Dr. Taweel to be very knowledgeable and highly practiced at his art of healing. He explains everything, all options, thoroughly--from doing nothing, through surgical options. He prefers to treat conservatively, which is my personal preference, and does all he can to mitigate pain. I have seen him before, and will be back to see him again.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

The worst encounter with a doctor that I have experience EVER. Dr. Taweel never looks you in the eyes, the only reason why he is rated 3in punctuality is because the visits are so fast it is quicker that buying fast food at a fast food chain. I went Dr. Taweel in 2012 for an right ankle injury and I have been placed in a plaster cast twice, and had to wear a foot brace for an ENTIR year but to pain relief. Dr. Taweel never provided me with a dignosis even when asked. I recently found another physcian that was efficient and provided me with a diagnosis and a treatment plan. STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Nicholas R. Taweel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nicholas Taweel received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in 1991. He also received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute, a Masters in Physical Therapy from Hahnemann University, and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Temple University. A native of Philadelphia, he is a graduate of Central High School. Dr. Taweel completed four years of comprehensive residency training in podiatric medicine and surgery at the Albert Einstein Medical Center. He is board certified and re-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. Dr. Taweel lectures extensively, holding adjunct faculty appointments at Columbia, Arcadia, Drexel, and Widener Universities. His clinical interests include treatment of athletes, fracture care, foot biomechanics, orthotics, and occupational medicine.

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So thankful to Dr. Taweel for introducing me to the Alfredson's Protocol to strengthen and heal my achilles. His in office demonstration, knowledge and confiden..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Phenomenal experience at Dr. Taweels. Strongly recommend to anyone looking for excellent, thorough care. Exceptional staff, exceptional service! "

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had two visits with Dr. Taweel. It was a pleasure to have such good service. His assistant Matt was very upbeat. That is very important to me. I would highly ..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Knowledge and friendly! Dr. Tawheel treated my son for heel pain. He explained the situation to both of us so we could understand the condition and the treatmen..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great outcome-exceeded expectations in all phases!"

January 21, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Was fine until I developed a problem. My foot had numbness and leg had burning after being in a plaster cast for a broken heel bone. Did not refer me to anothe..."

December 21, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "08053" to "19107". Address has been updated from "None" to "925 Chestnut Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12673393500".

June 3, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "19019" to "19107". Address has been updated from "None" to "925 Chestnut Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12673393500".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love dr T! He is compassionate and caring. One of the first who had answers and resources. The staff is also excellent. Would highly recommend . Can say from pe..."

November 24, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=109497'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.1

February 15, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=109497'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.0

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Nicholas" to "Nicholas R."

October 20, 2013