Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

5 1 3.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis

Dr. D. STEPHEN Hollis's Ratings

I had Radial Keratotomy, the precursor to LASIK in 1991, performed by Dr. Stephen Hollis at The Eye Institute in Columbus GA. I was -650 in one eye and -625 in the other. I had been wearing glasses since 1st grade. I started wearing hard contacts when I was 9 years old because my eyes were changing so rapidly. When gas permeable came out, I switched to them. I had lost one of my gas perm lenses but had an eye appt in the next two weeks, so I did not reorder the missing contact. I went and saw my eye doctor and asked if I could wear soft lenses. He agreed and within a year and a half, I had giant holes in my corneas of both eyes because they were not breathing properly. I tried to go back to gas perms, but discovered I could no longer wear any type of contacts. I was stuck in glasses and they were so thick, I would literally run into walls because everything appeared curved and I had no peripheral vision. Dr. Hollis was my last hope. I remember after I had the surgery, I could see better but I had a long way to go. My daddy kept asking if I could read signs and I was like NO!! When I went in for my 2 week checkup, I was 20/20 in both eyes. To actually see the details of leaves on the trees was just amazing. He literally saved my life. I have just now started wearing glasses again in the past two years. I am becoming far-sighted, not due to age, but as a side effect of the RK. But I wouldn't change almost 30 years of perfect vision for anything. Thank you Dr. Hollis! You saved my life! He is the greatest eye surgeon in the Southeast. My brother-in-law had the ladik about 15 years ago and still has 20/20 vision. It is really a shame what Columbus and the feds did to Dt. Hollis. He is a fine man and an exceptional pioneer in the field of corrective eye surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

By far the best doctor. If your getting lasik I prefer to go to him over anybody

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2869711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Have really bad vision in low light. I could see 20/15 but in two months, it has gotten worse. I am so depressed about getting Ladin. I should have stuck with contacts!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2863884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I, too, had both of my eyes done on Friday, May 22. Like the rating before me, I have also been in glasses since a very early age. I am now seeing 20/20 in both eyes. It is amazing. A whole new world. I cannot thank Dr. Hollis enough. He and his staff were very pleasant, comforting, and informative. I went into this with realistic expectations. Knowing that the possibility of walking out with 20/20 vision might not be possible. I am stunned by the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I had both of my eyes done on Friday May 22 2015 and the next morning I honestly could see things I had never had before. I have been in glasses since 2nd grade and I'm 46 yrs old now. This was the best decision I have ever made. Dr Hollis explained everything To me and his staff was awesome! I was nervous and they all put me at ease.. I did read all the reviews Dr Hollis had some were not so good and I was mildly concerned but after I observed the staff and Dr Hollis with patients before me I was so ready and confident that I would have positive results. I now have 20/20 which I have never had in my Life all because of this amazing Doctor. Thank you Dr Hollis you changed my life !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2817028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I had been wearing glasses for 20 yrs & now have 20/20 vision thanks to Dr. Hollis

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Every one of you thinking about using this guy should really take 5 min to research his name and the reason why he is here in Auburn. He was ran out of Georgia and will never be welcome back there. The guy is an AWFUL doctor and will ruin your eyes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I had my surgery done in December. I had immediate results that were positive with some correction needed for my long distance site. I found Dr. Hollis to be very knowledgible and professional. On the other hand I have found his staff to be very unhelpful and almost rude which is not a reflection of the Dr. himself. After several failed attempts to get an appointment to do my final check up, I am still struggeling with my long distance site I am now resigned to go to another Dr that can get my vision stabilized. Sorry to have to do this Dr. Hollis your staff does not do you justice especially the person that answers the phone. Unfortunate......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I had my Lasik surgery done on both eyes yesterday, 2/26/15. Just went back in today for my check-up and they confirmed that I now have 20/20 vision! Everyone at Dr. Hollis' office were very helpful as well as friendly and professional. Thank you Dr. Hollis!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

My husband & I both used Dr.Hollis in 2006 for Lasik surgery on both eyes. We have been very pleased, especially my Husband. It has been several years & I need a touch up on one eye, but we would recommend him & are planning on using him for my touch-up :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726239].votes_count ]]