Ratings for Dr. Lloyd Harrison

Dr. Harrison, sized me up in emergency , laid down the plan for a gallbladder removal, 36hrs later he had a grin from ear to ear, he told my wife that this was one of the biggest gallbladder he has removed, not a norm, was hospitalized for 4days.. Week later stiches came out, He is straight forward, no bull, Now to top it all off, I haven't had a smoke since. Nov 18/ 12.. P/S he's done 2 colonostipies on me and told this 71 year old he'd do next one in 10yrs...

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

The WORST doctor that I have ever experienced! Stay away if you can! Period!!!!!!.........................................

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

My opinion of Dr. Harrison is that he is undoubedtly an excellent surgeon and seems to be well regarded by the OSMH staff - they snap to attention when they hear he's coming to the floor; however, I think it is safe to say that, while his surgical skills may be excellent, his bedside manner leaves a wee bit to be desired. He's rather intimidating and impatient as he literally backs out of the room as family/patient begin to ask pertinent questions or for clarification on something. If I had to choose between surgical skill and bedside manner, obviously the former would be preferred, but it is good to be prepared for a brusque manner when he is attending the bedside. if you don't need to engage in any conversation with him as he attends your bedside, you'll be just fine.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Botched my CTS surgery! I will have to get it done again to try and correct it. Never going back to him.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

Dr. Harrison removed a mole on my face and pretty much butchered it. Before he was about to take the mole off he said to me "You aren't a model, are you? As in you are going to be disfigured for life. I live every day with the reminder of this doctor on my face. Not only from the scar but from the pain I sometimes feel from the scar. He is so unprofessional and completely disregards his patients.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr.Harrison and his staff were exceptionally helpful and made my surgery and recovery so much better than I expected. From diagnosis to decision and plan, Dr.Harrison gave me detailed information that I could follow and understand. His caring concern for his patients is obvious, his skill and professionalism is clearly 2nd to none. Recovery and aftercare we're considerably easier thanks to his advice and guidance. I can't say thanks enough to Dr.Harrison and his whole team, my family and I are so grateful for their care and help. I most strongly recommend Dr.Lloyd Harrison, an excellent surgeon with a great support team.

Submitted July 31, 2015

I recently had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Harrison. From my initial visit to my final follow up appointment with him, I had a fabulous experience. His professional manner with a hint of humour put me entirely at ease. The surgery itself was flawless and my recovery was very quick. He genuinely cares about his patients and has actually greatly influenced me to make healthy life changes for wish I sincerely thank him. His staff is both friendly and efficient which is a very hard balance to find in today's world. They are to be given much credit also. I would definitely not hesitate to recommend Dr. Harrison to others and I would definitely consult him in the future although obviously I hope not to have the need. However, should any further health issues present that he could assist with, it would give me great comfort to know that he is there.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have had major surgery and my husband has had minor surgery with Dr. Harrison with excellent results. He was very helpful in explaining my surgery to me and he also provided follow up. He is an excellent surgeon. The front desk was very efficient and helpful also. Janice and Ross Gilmore

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Harrison performed emergency surgery on me for a rare complication. He was professional, made a fast and accurate diagnosis and got me into the o.r. in time to literally save my life. Yeah, I felt he was hard on me afterwards but I came to realize he was pushing me towards a speedy recovery. Each subsequent visit he gave me more info so I could recover. Within 6 days of entering the hospital in a life threatening condition, I was back home with my family. There is no rating for that.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I've had two surgeries done by Dr.Harrison. One was emergency surgery and the other was scheduled. He comes off as very rude and arrogant. After two surgeries he still has not fixed the problem. I will not returning to him. I feel like he goes into surgeries blind and should have ordered more tests prior so he knew what he was dealing with.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015