Ratings for Dr. Phillis C. Mims

She is the best obgyn I went to. Thank you so much. She answered my questions . And was very help. She is nice , kind and knowledgeable. She made me feel comfortable

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Dr. Mims was NOT my first choice for an OB. I saw her 30 minutes before my surgery, and just did not feel as if I could trust her. She had a rather abrasive bedside manner, and did not clearly answer my questions. She refused to see me before I was discharged, and it was like pulling teeth to get her to call me back when I had some questions about my surgery. Her office finally got in touch with me--she never spoke to me, she had a nurse read me a message she'd left--and when I told her office that I would not be seeing her again in the future, I was basically hung up on. Based on my limited interactions with her, I'd not recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Worst Ever

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Mimms is a very knowledgeable and down to earth doctor. She explained things in a way I could understand what was going on. I was happy also that she did extra tests to make sure I wouldn't have another problem I had previously, while assuring me that it would be normal to have that fear. thats what got me thru it was repeating what she said- it will be ok. My only problem stemmed from something she couldn't help and may not have known about- which was communication from the on call nurses. This is beyond her control though. I also was grateful she stayed after hours, thru a severe storm, researching a question I had and called me immediately with an answer. I was so impressed she was working at 7pm. I had to change to a different hospital for insurance reasons, so regretfully, I only had her as my OB for the 1st trimester but I recommend her to anyone and am SORRY we didn't get to see the pregnancy thru

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Absolute WORST experience I've ever had. She and her nurse are terrible! They are rude and mean, she yelled at me in front of her other patient bc I didn't know what room to go in and said I need to quit bothering her nurse. She had the nerve to call me a high maintince patient after she saw that she made me cry. I have 3 ulcers on my esophagus from throwing up 7 times a day in my 1st trimester to which their response was "it's apart of pregnancy" my new ob was appalled and quickly gave me zofran. 2 yrs later the ulcers are still here and caused me to get pneumonia according to my MD.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

She is THE best ob I've ever experienced. She's very down to earth. Bedside manner is impeccable. She makes each patient feel as if you are her only one. I would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Dr. Phillis C. Mims's Credentials

• Morehouse School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Healthnet