Ratings for Dr. Kristy Prouse

Following years of emotional stress, a pregnancy, and illness I was in full blown thyroid failure and pre menopause before 40, overweight and constantly exhausted. I am very thankful I found the Institute for Hormonal Health and Dr. Prouse. I have been seeing her now for almost 3 years and while I agree that the cost was high at the onset the investment in my health and wellbeing has been worth it. Dr. Prouse has always worked with me, and my GP (who supports the approach) in a fully integrated manner letting me work with her to drive the experience with her as a part of my treatment plan. I believe we must all own our own care and treatment and I have always felt the Inst. Hormonal Health listens to me and I am as much a part of my own care team with traditional medicine. It made such a change to my life that my husband even went to see her and we are both so thankful. I am now over 40 and no one can believe it and while I manage my lifestyle daily to keep healthy I feel 30 again!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I stopped going to the Institute of Hormonal Health clinic after spending thousands of dollars and much emotional cost to boot, only to keep swinging up and down with results. Every time I came back with "this approach isn't working" Dr. Prouse would throw me yet another theory/reason as to why I wasn't getting better and yet another protocol. I have since stopped going, have given up on having a baby (unexplained infertility was the main reason I started) and my health has continued to deteriorate despite drastically changing my diet at Dr. P's advice. Every time I had an IV treatment they were out of one element or another, yet took me in with smiling faces and charged me for the treatments. When they tried to start me on their Multi Level Marketing Supplements that contain soy??(which was one of many things I was explicitly told NEVER to consume!) that was the last straw. Was not impressed/healed/slightly better after several treatments from Ashna, either. Heartbreaking when your world is falling apart and they promise to fix it, only to clean your pockets, not your health.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I agree with earlier comments on an expensive one size fits all approach. Was treated with the generic high cortisol approach which was apparently the cause of all my issues. Turns out they actually made my situation worse. When tested at another clinic with a more accurate lab it was revealed I actually have the opposite problem and their treatment protocols set me further back. Spent thousands to no avail.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I can't comment really at all about Dr Prouse, but can comment on The Institute for Hormonal Health. I visited 2 times, spent a ton of money, (quite shocking really how much) and saw Dr Prouse for less than 2 minutes. I went in with an extremely healthy lifestyle and diet, but was desperate for help with hormonal issues that were disrupting my life. I feel the testing went overboard, the supplements were very excessive and ultimately all I needed to help me out were the bioidentical hormones, the dose of which I am not sure about, but I have no one to talk to about my problems. There has been no follow-up and I will just go to my family doctor should I need a refill. I feel severely taken advantage of at a time when I was desperate for help and I feel I spent thousands of dollars unnecessarily. I have no doubt Dr Prouse is a good doctor, but I felt exactly like other people have said here, an income generator. Shameful really.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

I am so thankful to have found Dr. Kristy Prouse and her clinic. I only wish I had discovered her years ago because I could not get the help I needed from my family doctor, nor from my endocrinologist, nor from my naturopath. Dr. Prouse based her treatment for me on extensive testing and also paid close attention to test results I submitted to her from my endocrinologist. She cares enough about her patients to set up a clinic that promotes lifestyle changes that will improve the health of her patients. I appreciate this encouragement which is helping me to be more disciplined. I have every confidence in Dr. Prouse: She has comprehensive knowledge, she is brilliant and she is conscientious. And last, but not least, if she didn't care about me she wouldn't be so conscientious. I couldn't be happier. (And by the way, the health care system that the government pays for costs us plenty in drugs and specialists' salaries. It is not Dr. Prouse's fault that our government is not into prevention and therefore doesn't pay for doctors in this field and for their natural remedies.)

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

I agree with all the posts below. Dr Prouse may be an excellent OBGYN but this clinic is severely lacking. You feel like just another number with the end goal to get you to spend as much $$$ as possible. One size shoe fits all model needs to be revised and her patient one on one care including follow ups on how the patient is doing needs to improve.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I really like the extensive in depth testing that Dr Prouse applies to her patients. I feel though that the multilevel marketing of products, extremely expensive and not much helpful, shipped on autopilot every month, along with prescribing a routine "protocol " for 8 weeks of very costly IV infusions to address adrenal fatigue which strangely the majority of her patients suffer, are notable concerns, worth raising. In addition, the big bucks go for naturopathic consults which no offence, are overpriced and Dr Prouse shows up at the meetings for a fraction of the appointment to just verify the one shoe size fits it all "protocol" and costly supplements. Her dietician apparently reads not well the dietary journals, because despite that I listed that I do not drink coffee and I drink two cups of herbal tea per day, she did recommend that I stay away from caffeinated drinks. It is sad, because the private care provided is at a ridiculously expensive cost, but notably, her testing and the amino acids compilations are very helpful, again at a sinfully expensive costs.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I agree with the other two posters about feeling like an income generator. My appointments with Dr. Prouse were expensive, felt rushed and I did not feel like the time was taken to really make sure I understood everything and customize a plan just for me -- what I was comfortable with, wanted to improve on, etc. I felt I was handed large amounts of test results and material and had to sift through it myself -- at times deciding within minutes whether I wanted to pay for treatments with the patient care co-ordinator who I would see shortly after the doctor. I felt I was thrown lots of tests, then a huge expensive treatment plan with minimal monitoring. In addition to seeing Dr. Prouse, other practitioners have been recommended to me and following my first visit, I had one of these other practitioners (who charge separately) calling me by the time I had walked to my car. All of that said, I did feel better from my lowest point. But I wished I had not done so many of the recommended treatments and I think I could've felt better with less treatment at less cost.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

WOW how awesome it is that right here in Oakville we can get a detailed understanding of that is happen to us hormonally from the Institute of Hormonal Health. Thank you Dr Prouse for explaining to me why I've been feeling this way when everyone else was saying "it's aging and I would have to live with it" Thank you for showing me how I can heal. After our meeting I felt so encouraged and after a few months I'm feeling optimistic and noticing improvements. THANK YOU Dr. Prouse for your knowledge and care.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

People should be aware that Dr. Prouse now runs the Institute for Hormone Health in Oakville-she may have been a great OBGYN, but as the head of this institute she is severely lacking. Similar to another reviewer, I don't feel like I received attention at all, but was treated simply like an income generator. They tell you to take all these tests, without any explanation. They start you on IV infusion treatments and just let you go for weeks without any follow-up or even checking in to see how you are doing. When you are having side effects or issues, you don't know who to call and it's obvious very few people there actually care. They just want to bring you in, get you to pay for all these expensive tests and IV treatments, and at some point, down the line, you have to insist on having a follow-up appointment, and then it takes weeks to get in. But int he meantime, no one even pays attention. When you have questions, you have to contact your "Patient Care Coordinator", who can't answer any medical questions, so if you have questions about side effects, or the next steps in the process, you have to wait for them to go to the doctor. On my initial visit, I actually met with the Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Sales, and Dr. Prouse only stepped in for under 5 minutes. I'd bank that she doesn't even know my name. I had gone in already being diagnosed with certain hormonal conditions and having done certain tests, which should have made it easier, but instead it made them more confused and they dropped the ball so many times I lost count. I only kept going because I was desperate for some help in some form and at the time they were all I could find. They provided no information on proper nutrition for my conditions, despite asking numerous times, saying they would do that at my follow up, which is almost 3 months after taking expensive tests and spending tons of money on IV treatments, with very little feedback and only minor improvement. There was no reason I couldn't have had an appointment where they could have gone through all this with me-when I asked the IV clinic people about getting this information, they said I had to "Do my research"...pretty sure that's why I had gone to them in the first place. Do some research before using this place for the treatment of any hormone issues-they care more about getting your money from you than providing proper care.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015