Ratings for Dr. Mansoor H. Beg

Dr. Beg is a good doctor, but he leaves everything up to his staff, who gave me so much anxiety and aggravation, I was crying and screaming all the time and had to find another doctor. ANGELA and ALLISON run EVERYTHING. Or should I say they run nothing. You will call and call and only get voice mail, and NEVER a call back. You will wait at least 3 weeks for any test to be scheduled. Even when my husband and I went there in person to BEG for a test to be scheduled, we were ignored. They cancelled an appointment by sending me a form in the mail! They couldn't even pick up a phone like normal offices. When I called the appointment desk to try to track down Allison for some kind of answer as to when I could get my CT scan, Alison told them to tell me it was being held up by insurance. That was a bold faced LIE. My insurance company said she hadn't applied for the test yet. If you have cancer, time is CRITICAL. And so is your mental state. Don't let these girls run your health into the ground and ruin your chances for survival. They are totally indifferent and simply do not care about you. I am not trying to be vindictive and I am not trying to vent. This happened 4 years ago, so I am long past being angry. I am writing this review to save your life and your sanity. If you have cancer and live on Long Island like I do, forget Long Island and go to Memorial Sloan Kettering or NY/Columbia Presbyterian or NYU, all in NYC. Sloan Kettering is #2 in the COUNTRY for cancer. I am still here after 4 years because of them. There you will find caring and professional doctors and staff, who are on the cutting edge of all the latest treatments. If I had stayed with Dr. Beg, I would not be here any more.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

"After procrastinating for years to visit a dermatologist., After a body check and a few biopsies , one tested, questionable, The recommendation was to remove it , Dr Beg was highly recommended by a few people., and rightfully so. After initial consult we had to move to another room for further evaluation . My granddaughter was with us and Dr.took the stroller and wheeled the stroller in.My daughter in laws reaction as well as mine was WOW!!! That shows you the kind of person he is. As for the Doctor side , bedside manner phenomenal. Took the time to explain and answer any questions we had . Did not rush at all , very soothing visit. As for surgery , again explained and answered any questions my wife or I had. Hospital staff also very nice and accommodating. Thank G-d surgery went well,and follow by Dr Beg himself after discharge. Lets not forget Dr Beg's secretary Angela, who was also very helpful and accommodating , returning all calls or emails and and follow up. So thanking G-d and Dr Beg and his Staff for all. Hopefully One should not be in need of their services , but if you unfortunately do , Dr Beg comes Highly Highly recommended.."

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

he forced me to have a sentinel lymph node biospy when I didnt need it. After the surgery , I developed lymphedema that was 3 years ago and I stil have it! He never warned me about what could happen! He is a terrible person who only want your money!! I should surehim!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

excellent doctor and really experienced. He's perfect at his job.

Submitted April 4, 2016

When I was 24 yrs. old, 18 yrs. ago, I went to Dr. Beg to examine a tiny breast lump. He told me that he could monitor it every month, however, since I was scheduled for gyno surgery due to an Endometriosis cyst, I told him to remove the tiny lump at the same time. After both surgeries, Dr. Beg would stop by my hospital room to see how I was doing every day. Turns out that tiny lump was also sent to another lab for a second result (something Dr. Beg didn't tell me at the time I was in the hospital and I truly thank him for not telling me). When I called 10 days later for the result, he said "Benign. You scared us all"! He was the kindest, caring and generous doctor a 24 yr. old (back then) could have ever asked for. I thank him very much til this day!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr. Beg is a good doctor, but he leaves everything up to his staff, who gave me so much anxiety and aggravation, I was crying and screaming all the time and had to find another doctor. ANGELA and ALLISON run EVERYTHING. Or should I say they run nothing. You will call and call and only get voice mail, and NEVER a call back. You will wait at least 3 weeks for any test to be scheduled. Even when my husband and I went there in person to BEG for a test to be scheduled, we were ignored. They cancelled an appointment by sending me a form in the mail! They couldn't even pick up a phone like normal offices. When I called the appointment desk to try to track down Allison for some kind of answer as to when I could get my CT scan, Alison told them to tell me it was being held up by insurance. That was a bold faced LIE. My insurance company said she hadn't applied for the test yet. If you have cancer, time is CRITICAL. And so is your mental state. Don't let these girls run your health into the ground and ruin your chances for survival. They are totally indifferent and simply do not care about you. I am not trying to be vindictive and I am not trying to vent. This happened 8 months ago, so I am long past being angry. I am writing this review to save your life and your sanity. If you have cancer and live on Long Island like I do, forget Long Island and go to Memorial Sloan Kettering or NY/Columbia Presbyterian or NYU, all in NYC. There you will find caring anf professional doctors and staff, who are on the cutting edge of all the latest treatments.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Beg ' s for the last 8 years. I started seeing Dr. Beg when I was 25 and he has never steered me wrong. He is kind, honest, knowledgeable, sensitive, and asks your feelings when deciding what is next in your treatment and ensures that you can follow through with care plan being confident. The only issue I ever had was scheduling testing. I had an easier time coordinating surgery than getting an appointment for a mammogram. That being said I now live in CT and still travel to NY to see Dr. Beg

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

The doctor is a good doctor, but the problem is that the staff sucks. If someone has cancer and is dying they should not be waiting for 2 weeks to make an appointment for testing. There is one person there in charge for imaging and test appointments and they are terrible at answering calls or communication with patients. What a joke.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I was told about my diagnosis of breast cancer by Dr. Beg in a very cold way.He also said that I should have a double mastectomy. When I told him that I was going to go for another opinion, he said that if I didn't have a double mastectomy, I'd be dead in 5 years and not to listen to anyone who told me any different. I went to 3 other surgeons who all told me that I should have a lumpectomy, which I did. P.S.- That was 19 years ago.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

I'm a cancer survivor in my 30s. Perhaps one of the only fortunate things to come out of the experience was meeting Dr. Beg. He's perfect at his job.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Mansoor H. Beg's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Great Neck, NY