Ratings for Dr. Lawrence M. Raines

I love Dr Raines, I've been seeing him since 2004 . His help and kindness in the transition I was going through was invaluable . He also helped me with corresponding depression and anxiety problems. Unfortunately , he does not return calls or texts for help. He disappeared last year for several weeks and when I finally got him , he said he had to attend to a family emergency . I asked him why he couldn't put that on his answering service and he said he forgot . Unfortunately , he has disappeared yet again with no notice of when he would return or even that he was gone. Unfortunately in the past several weeks of trying to contact him I have and am experiencing severe panic attacks and depression but doc Raines is no where to be found. He's a wonderful man and a fine doctor unfortunate his communication skills are severely lacking.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Raines is a great doctor one-on-one. But be aware that you may not be able to get in touch with him or get your meds refilled several times a year. Twice in the past year, he has failed to show up for my appointments. The door to the practice has been locked. It is extremely difficult to get meds refilled at times, which is extremely problematic for psychiatric meds. I have been seeing Dr. Raines for over a decade and this has been an occasional problem but it has gotten much worse.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

At this time Dr Raines should only do one session second opinions when he would be very helpful. Highly skilled and empathic in single sessions, but about quarterly he disappears for weeks and weeks at a time, unreachable by any of the many phone numbers he has, unreachable by email, his web site, text, etc. And he has zero back-up coverage for his practice when he disappears for significant periods of time. This is dangerous for clients who may need contact during their treatment or be having an emergency or a problem with a drug he prescribed, and lack of back-up and periodic significant disappearing is potentially dangerous and not standard in psychiatry or addiction medicine treatment that he purportedly provides. It is such a shame that he continues to do this - he is otherwise so experienced and uniquely skilled yet he harms clients or could severely harm them in this way. He makes excuses and grand empty promises after his disappearances, but nothing changes. It is so sad. He probably is suffering from some kind of illness himself. He needs to admit what he is doing, get help, and return to work with his excellent skills when he can work in this area safely.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

This practicioner is great, when he doesn't drop off the face of the earth. I am looking for a new psychiatrist and I am really sad about it because I happen to like his style of treatment and personality. Unfortunately, I cannot be in a position where I may need advice or refills between appointments when my emails, voicemails, and online messaging go unanswered for 2 weeks(he *does* have online appointment scheduling - the bio is incorrect). A pharmacist trying to reach him gave up and said I should move on. This has happened twice in the past 18 months. The first time this happened, it was over 5 weeks and I did not get a response until my PCP requested my records from him. For me, once is too many, but I gave him a second chance and chalked it up to "we're all human - who knows what was going on". As long as he is reachable, he really is an awesome provider. For his sake, I hope this is just a temporary cycle of life events, but I gotta move on.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Dr. Raines was extremely helpful and available during my son's recent crisis. Dr. Raines is kind and insightful, straightforward and experienced. We are glad he is our son's psychiatrist. He is an authentic, caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

After a few misses in looking for a physician, Dr. Raines was recommended to me by my primary care. He has never disappointed me and has helped me to improve my quality of life.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

I highly recommend Dr. Raines. He listens carefully and intently to me and really cares. He is an excellent physician. He is clearly an expert in his field.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Raines, while being a helpful doctor, does not recognize some of my symptoms that are well-known by those who know me well. He most often runs behind, time-wise. But, he will give you your full appt. time, and more if needed.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

I found Dr. Raines to be very helpful in diagnosing my condition. His knowledge of medication management for psychiatric problems is extensive. He is thorough and kind. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2007

Dr. Lawrence M. Raines's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Blue Cross Idaho