Ratings for Dr. Javed Akhtar

Dr. Akhtar, is one of the best doctors. His knowledge and understanding of his patients is outstanding. Explained all options to my son and I about his condition. My son was nervous about a procedure he was about to have done and Dr. Akhtar told him a wonderful story about why he came to Newfoundland to be a doctor. Such a kind man.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

He was excellent with my 10 month old daughter who had to get a kidney removed and even better with myself and my husband who were nervous wrecks. She is now almost 4 and he still does ultrasounds and checks on her other kidney. We are so pleased with him!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

dr.akhtar is the doctor for both my children that have problems with their kidneys . and i must say he does his job well .. he makes sure u understands what is going on .. AWESOME DOCTOR :)

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

Terrific doctor. My Daughter and son had both had their surgeries done by Dr.Akhtar. He was very Knowledgeable and Helpful.He made both my Children feel at ease by playing with them and talking to them.Thank you Dr.akhtar for putting my mind at ease before the surgeries by explaining everything very clearly. My daughter had her surgery 6 years ago and my sons was just yesterday I was very comfortable knowing Dr.Akhtar was doing the Surgery on my son knowing how good of a job he done for my daughter.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

Dr.Akhtar, is the best!!!! He saved my son's life.(My son was born at 33 wks, and he had gastroschisis) Dr. Akhtar is very thorough and he doesn't mind explaining things in details easy to understand. Also very caring! I would highly recommend him!!!!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Dr. Akhtar was my surgeon at the Janeway Friday. He did not perform the surgery, but he was in charge of what happend and checked up on me. He was a sweet heart, and it seemed like he knew what he was talking about 100%. I would reccomend him for anyone looking for a careful and reliable doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

So far, no complaints...our 3 year old has urinary reflux and will have surgery this year to correct it. We've been in to Dr. Akhtar 3-4 times and he's explained everything and has given his opinion. He even called us at home one evening when we called his office with a concern. I guess we will learn his true nature during and after the surgery this year.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

We had to take our daughter to the Janeway to see Dr. Akhtar regarding her kidney reflux. He was very nice to us, joked with my 2-year old to try and make her comfortable and gave her a popsicle, and took the time to explain her condition, our options for meds, future treatment, etc. I was very pleased with our visit.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

My daughter was born in May 2002, she was born with serious bowl problems that required immediate surgery. Dr. Akhtar was her surgeon, he was the most kind, sincere, and caring physician I have ever come in contact with. He took wonderful care of her and kept me informed on every aspect of her care. I truly beleive that it is because of him that she is with us today. Throughout the course of her care he had coined her his "little angel" little does he know but he was our angel. We were so lucky to have had him, and to this day, no Doctor has compared to him. I have no idea if the docs read these comments but on the off chance that they do, I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you Dr. Akhtar, you are an amazing surgeon and a wonderful man as well. sincerely, Michelle

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Arrogant, self absorbed, .... I would like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth !!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008