Ratings for Dr. Alex Kutas

His office always seems very busy and I do have to wait a while before being seen just like any other dr.'s office it seems but he really seems to care about your symptoms, very knowledgable, and I've never had a doctor before that answers all my questions. And I ask a lot of questions. I've had really bad experiences with other doctors and even though it's obvious that he's busy, he really takes the time to listen to you and call you back within a day if you call with an emergency. I would definitely recommend him. I have hashimoto's.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

I truly don't know why so many have raved about this doctor.I found him mediocre at best, and not particularly caring (although perhaps better than most endos, so many of whom are useless or damaging).All of that is less important than his ability to diagnose, of course, & I found his diagnostic skills lacking, as well. He's fine if you just need someone to write you a prescription for something you already use/need/perhaps want, but as for a patient and attentive listener and a great diagnostician who is eager to work on a difficult case and explore its nuances? I did not find this to be the case.Not for me, at least.Glad that he's helped others, and maybe he will help you if you see him.He mentioned that he sees 25 patients a day, so he must be helping somebody. But his response to me was insufficient and deeply unhelpful and he didn't seem interested in examining things further.My case is complicated, but if yours isn't, he might be just the guy for you.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Kutas is very intellegent / knowledgable. He is very helpful. I would recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Fantastic endocrinologist. Very caring and concerned about finding best solution(s) for his patients. Has been rated "Best Doctor in Los Angeles County". Sometimes runs late with appointments - but he takes time with me, and probably does with other patients. Very much worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Kutas if one of the finest endocrinologist in Southern California. I would never go to anyone else. Not only is he talented, he is also kind, patient, friendly, willing to sit while his patient prattles on endlessly, and completely open to answering any and all questions. He spotted my Hashimoto's Disease (thyroid disorder) and saved my husband's life by going that one step further. (What looked liked an ordinary goiter turned out to be an advanced thyroid cancer. Needless to say, my husband loves Dr. Kutas.) I would recommend him highly to anyone suffering from an endocrinological disorder. If you are looking for the doctor who will go the extra mile, Dr. Kutas is your man.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

An experienced, busy physician; dramatic improvement in recent years in staff attitudes and punctuality. He has always been willing to answer questions, to provide copies of lab tests, to return calls. I think it helps also for the patient to be well prepared in advance of his/her appointment, to become informed about one's diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2009

No communication skills, always rushed. I changed MDs and had a 100 % improvement. Do not waste your time with this uncaring MD. Insurance: Aetna

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008

Always listens to me. Answers my questions.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Long wait in crowded office. Staff is rude and unprofessional. I never met a more uncaring and rude health professional. People who are not feeling well do not need this type of abuse. Stay away, stay far away.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

Extreme kind, considerate and knowledgeable. Cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2007

Dr. Alex Kutas's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1974)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=107081'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 6, 2014
  • City changed from "LONG BEACH" to "LAKEWOOD", Med School changed from "Or Hlth Sci Univ Sch Of Med, Portland Or 97201" to "Oregon Health Sciences University School Of Medicine"

July 8, 2012