Ratings for Dr. Jean-Baptiste Lattouf

I was given an appointment to see Dr. Lattouf from my family doctor, who did not personally know him. I made sure to show up on time, but still ended up waiting an hour. Since this was my first appointment, I didn't know what Dr. Lattouf looked like, and there were multiple doctors working at the urology clinic that day. I noticed this one doctor, rather sharply dressed, who would come out to retrieve his next patient's file from the desk without looking at anyone. Head down, he would head back into his office as he called out the patient's name - again, without looking at anyone. I remember thinking, "I hope he's not my doctor." Unfortunately, he was. And his manner pretty much carried through the appointment. He was polite enough once in the office, but other than that, completely unhelpful. I needed minor surgery, and the limited research I'd done indicated that there were several different types of procedures, each with their pros and cons. Dr. Lattouf did not bother discussing any of that with me before whipping out a surgery consent form for me to sign and starting up his program to book the surgical appointment. I thought that was kind of odd, but perhaps he would discuss the surgery with me after I signed the consent form. Nope. Nothing. I actually had to ask him what the surgery entailed. He indicated he planned on doing, from what I read and understood, the procedure with the highest risk of infertility, albeit lowest risk of recurrence. When I asked him about possible infertility risk, he confirmed it was high. When I said I'm not keen on becoming infertile, he said, "You already have kids, no?" Uhm, no. He then proceeded to tell me that there are methods to extract and freeze sperm if I was interested. When I asked if there were alternative procedures that carried less risk, and named one, he concurred, but said he did not do those procedures because of the risk of infection. When I asked whether the procedure he wanted to do also carried risk of infection - again, based on my own limited research prior to arriving at the appointment - he confirmed that it did. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I would never let someone like that operate on me. I certainly don't plan on ever seeing him again.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Nul, n'a jamais fait de recherche sur mon cas. Incapable d'avoir accès à la base de donné pour évaluer pleinement votre cas... M'a prescrit un test de MTS alors que les résultats dans le système était négatif. Ne donne aucune suivi. Vraiment nul.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Excellent chirurgien, excellente équipe, excellent suivi! Je recommande ce médecin les yeux fermés!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Lattouf operated on my 23 year old son. In a few words, he is an expert in his field, a true remarkable Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Great Doctor! I left the hospital 2 days after my surgery. I was very pleased with my prompt recovery and how Dr. Lattouf took the time to explain step by step the procedure. My husband and I are greatuful for such competent Doctors. Thank you !

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

easy to tell this guy is doing is job for the money. doesn't really care it looks like

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Horrible docteur, ne m'a jamais appelé pour m<informer de la gravite de ma situation!!! Mon médecin de famille a été mon sauveur!! Tenez vous loin de Dr Latouff!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Très heureuse de savoir qu'il a mon dossier et qu'il fait mon suivi pour les 2 prochaines années

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Very knowledgeable Doctor, we are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Excellent urologue, à l'écoute de ses patients. Bravo!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014