Ratings for Dr. Gerald Mitchell

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Money hungry out of town doing day surgery 40 miles away while my mother dies in local hospitalSix months later almost suceeded in poisoning my sister by prescribing overdosage of medication. Thank GOD he.s no longer in Saskatchewan Only takes care of his friends and can be bought off by a chocolate bar and little cleavage Did you unwrap the chocolate bar for him?

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

One of the best Drs.I have ever seen. Kind and considerate. Knowlegeable. I

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Thanks I feel better already! He definitely listens to everything you say. Gives suggestions and if you take his advice it'll be worth it! Thanks for your help and I'll see you soon!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was grateful for Dr Mitchell's kindness and ability to listen. However, a series of events went wrong when I asked for a biopsy of a mole that had changed.He said it was fine but agreed to make an appointment. Later he told me he forgot to book the appointment for a biopsy. When the mole was bigger, he make the appointment. The surgeon gave me the lab result of Melanoma Stage 2. Doctors are human and can misjudge and be forgetful, so I anticipated that Dr Mitchell would apologize and we'd move on. However, he phoned me when he got the lab results. He played a semantics game and was only interested in himself. I felt bullied and I was shaking. All I did was get cancer. I had to change doctors. I have my dignity. After finding I have Melanoma Stage 3 (in my lymph node), I have survived the odds so far. I am still rattled by Dr Mitchell's phone call to me. Something is wrong.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I hunted for 10 years for the best doctor. I must say that I was not happy about him leaving us behind at the Cannon Clinic. But I put my detective hat on & I tracked him down myself. He did return my call and let me know when he'd be setting up a smaller practice. Sometimes life has bumps in the road & life happens (maybe that is what happened to him when he left that place). I am glad I hunted him down, as he always was kind to us, took the time to listen to us, ask us what we thought was going on with us. More or less he had us involved with our own health. He always shakes my hand and always takes the time to listen. I have had more bad health over the years and I need a great doctor that will listen to even me sometimes. I am sure he will be my doctor until he retires.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

The best doctor i have ever seen,patient,understanding,caring,he just takes the time to go that extra mile,would recommend him to everyone.j.trainer abbotsford

flag | Submitted February 24, 2013

Now that Dr Mitchell isn't at the Cannon Clinic the service is a lot better. Wait times at Cannon were horrible. I've seen him 10+ times at his new clinic and I generally wait about 10 minutes. He is knowledgable, and unlike other dr's he doesn't hold off when you need a certain type of medication.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

I was so glad when Dr Mitchell left cannon clinic and went out on his own. I had been told by another doctor at that clinic to only discuss one problem at a time (because they're not related?). My suspicion is that he was unhappy with the way things were done at Cannon. His practice now is much smaller and not nearly as crowded or busy. His wife is his receptionist and one of the most friendly welcoming people I have met. My husband and I have moved away an he still tries to schedule an appointment with Dr Mitchell if he knows he will be traveling there.Dr. Mitchell is very participative. He didn't just tell a what to do. He would listen and discuss all the options and hear everything we had to say. I HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Dr. Gerald Mitchell's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mitchell is amazing, he actually listens to u takes his time and not rush u out of his room! I wouldn't get any other dr! "

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Money hungry out of town doing day surgery 40 miles away while my mother dies in local hospitalSix months later almost suceeded in poisoning my sister by prescr..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One of the best Drs.I have ever seen. Kind and considerate. Knowlegeable. I"

March 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks I feel better already! He definitely listens to everything you say. Gives suggestions and if you take his advice it'll be worth it! Thanks for your ..."

June 4, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V2S0" to "V2S 3N2". Address has been updated from "None" to "1925 McCallum Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16048559455".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mitchell is the best doctor I have ever had. I hope he will keep working for at least another 25 years, because I will never again find such a good doctor."

September 24, 2014