Ratings for Dr. John F. Showalter

My son was born with a duplicate thumb. Needless to say we were very anxious that this defect not impact him any more than it had to. Dr. Showalter very calmly explained the conditions for the operation, including how old the child should be and extensively explained the concept and process of the surgery. He did a lot to calm our fears both before, during and after the 4-hour surgery. I cannot say enough about this doctor's surgcal skills and people skills. He did so good a job that today, 26 years later, the only evidence of that second thumb is a thin scar but with no disfiguration whatsoever.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

I had carpel tunnel surgery about 5 years ago - both wrists. Dr. Showalter did them both - I would recommend him to anyone. Very good doctor - explained everything - apologized that the surgery might hurt. Great job!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Did not seem interested in actually helping me. Told me that my carpel tunnel was due to God making us wrong. Yes that is right... God made us wrong. So basically he did not want to be bothered with dealing with the work comp. paper work. This is by far the most arrigont, individual that I have ever met. I would not take my dog to this guy.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Dr.Showalter is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He recently performed an open reduction of my scaphoid. I have had 6 other surgeries performed by other doctors in the past. Dr.Showalter is the most personable, punctual, and knowledgeable surgeons by far. I consider myself lucky to have caught him before his retirement. Thank you Dr.Showalter, and good luck in retirement.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2007

This Dr has the absolute worst bedside manner. I was treated like a child, scolded and talked down too at my appt today just because i told my Dr that I was too scared to do surgery.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. John F. Showalter's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1973)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal