Ratings for Dr. R. Wayne Cox

A little too personal for my liking. I don't know if I will not be returning to see him.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I am very disappointed in Dr. Cox especially considering how much faith and trust my father put into him as his PCP. He was extremely negligent in making an initial diagnosis for my father's illness. When trying to get answers about my father's condition, he was extremely rude to my mother. After finally determining 2 months later that it was indeed cancer (which my mother kept suggesting, but yet he dismissed it), he was again rude when we asked for a referral to Duke- he told my mother she would be sorry for making that choice. I have 0 respect for this doctor and would NOT recommend him to even my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr cox ..is an awsome doc .I live in va.I drive 4 hours just to have him for my doctor.your not just a number or paycheck ..he has a wonderful bedside manner. Cares about his patients. .thanxz Dr cox.....

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Best Dr ever listens to his patients. Takes time with his patients. Remembers his patients. Cares about his patients as a whole person. Don't mind waiting I know he will take the same time with me.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Cox is a great Dr. He really cares about his patients health and about their life . Spends a lot of time with you .

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Cox is one of the most knowledge and caring physicians I came across in the U.S. Is thorough and insightful, and doesn't waste time in unnecessary tests. He's a good diagnostician and puts the patient first, at all times.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

I am very disappointed in Dr. Wayne Cox. I never want to go back to him and have chosen another doctor. He told me the only way I could get my medical records was to have a form notarized....not true. I don't have enough room to tell you some of the things he told me that was not true. He said he was a partner at Physicians East and if I left from thrre and got another doctor, I could never be seen by any doctor at Physicians East and I could not go to Physicians East drop in clinic. He takes calls during seeing me from his children and he likes to say he is a single parent...which I guess gives him permission to talk to his kids....he could at least step out in the hall...and then he calls someone to pick the child up. All the while, hearing his predicament after waiting 3 hours. No, I absolutely do not recommend him. I hope this goes on line for others to see.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr.Wayne Cox at Physicans East of Greenville, N.C. Is one of the best family doctors I have ever encountered.My husband and I really like Dr. Cox very much. He has a wonderful patient/doctor relationship. I would recommend Dr. Cox to anyone in search of a good family doctor. He is very honest, caring, and upfront with us about any questions.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Cox was my family doctor in Grifton before he went back to Canada. As soon as he returned to the US I found him again and consider myself lucky. He listens. He gives you confidence. I'm 84 and I think I'll live many more years with him as my doctor. Love him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2013

The best and most caring doctor I have ever found. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Dr. R. Wayne Cox's Credentials

• Dalhousie Univ, Fac Of Med, Halifax, Ns, Canada (Grad. 1987)