Ratings for Dr. Melanie Ornstein

What a great doctor!!! Very compassionate and caring towards her patients and very knowledgeable. Highly reccomend her as a ob/gyn. I absolutely love Dr. Ornstein!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

My doctor since 2002, awesome, helpful and knowledgeable. what i like the most is her to the point conversations.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

She is awesome! Love her and her staff! Fantastic doctor!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I am SO shocked by the negative review below. I have to say I disagree 100% with that patients view. Dr. Ornstein is the absolute best doctor I have ever visited. I could not recommend her enough! She is extremely knowledgeable and caring. If you are pregnant, this is the OB you want to deliver your baby!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

Horrible doctor. Rude, condescending, didn't listen to my concern at all and just kept talking over me and ignoring all my questions. Her staff rarely answer the phone and she's always an hour late yet our appointment lasts only 20 minutes because she just talks over me and doesn't LISTEN but rather LECTURES before even fully understanding the problem or question. She messed up my prescription and the pharmacy sent a "Super emergency" email to her and she has still not responded and it has been a week. Pharmacist said she has never seen a doctor not respond to a super emergency before and said to find a different doctor ASAP. I saw her 4 times and each time she didn't recognize me. I did an ultrasound and she didn't even look at it until I mentioned it during the appointment. She also didn't thoroughly explain anything to me during any of the appointments, not even medication she was prescribing me. The fact that she has also been sued for clipping a woman's Fallopian tubes without her consent is a big red flag. One time she had a med student with her and treated him horribly. Talked down to both of us as if she's some God and kept talking over me when I had a question. Would not recommend in a million years. I'm now looking for a different doctor who will actually LISTEN and care. For reference I went to her for vaginismus and endometriosis. Not sure if she treats her pregnant older patients better for some reason but she treated me horribly and I have never experienced such grotesque treatment from a doctor EVER. Wish I could give her negative stars. THE WORST.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr Ornstein may seem blunt at first but over time you realize she is a highly knowledgeable doctor who knows her stuff. She’s straightforward and gives you the facts while being genuinely caring about your well being and ensuring you and your babies are well taken care of. Highly recommend for anyone looking to give birth at Michael Garron.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2018

I absolutely LOVE Dr.Ornstein. I could not have asked for a more caring, knowledgeable doctor. She went above and beyond to care for me during a difficult pregnancy. I could not recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Have been treated by Dr. Ornstein for several years and have sent many friends and family to her. She is straight forward and very attentive and I would refer her any day of the week.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Melanie Ornstein, Toronto Background: A civil court found Ornstein liable for battery in 2012. She clipped a patient’s Fallopian tube without the patient’s consent during surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. The patient was left sterile. Damages were awarded at more than $180,000. Response: Ornstein did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

After our first appointment we switched doctors immediately. We risked having no OB than settle for her. Arrogant, condescending, rude, and belittles her resident students. No thank you. Her staff however were really nice and accommodating .

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018