Ratings for Dr. Melanie Ornstein

I absolutely LOVE Dr.Ornstein. I could not have asked for a more caring, knowledgeable doctor. She went above and beyond to care for me during a difficult pregnancy. I could not recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Have been treated by Dr. Ornstein for several years and have sent many friends and family to her. She is straight forward and very attentive and I would refer her any day of the week.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Melanie Ornstein, Toronto Background: A civil court found Ornstein liable for battery in 2012. She clipped a patient’s Fallopian tube without the patient’s consent during surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. The patient was left sterile. Damages were awarded at more than $180,000. Response: Ornstein did not respond to repeated requests for comment.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

After our first appointment we switched doctors immediately. We risked having no OB than settle for her. Arrogant, condescending, rude, and belittles her resident students. No thank you. Her staff however were really nice and accommodating .

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Worst doctor ever! Would never recommend her she is rude and inconsiderate, she spends all her time chatting with the secretary staff while med students do all the work. Bring up a concern to her and she shuts you down right away. I feel super uncomfortable with my pregnancy in her hands as she has referred to me as “kiddo” multiple times. Thankfully I am not going back to her and am in the process of switching doctors hopefully to find one that actually cares and won’t treat you so horribly.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Could not say anything but GREAT things about Dr.Ornstein. She is absolutely wonderful. So caring and compassionate. She is a great communicator and throughly explains everything. I could not recommend her enough!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Dr. Melanie Ornstein is THE WORST DOCTOR I have experienced in my life. She is ARROGANT, RUDE and IMPATIENT. She left me with a visiting medical student, never reviewed my chart! Not knowing details of my current health issue, she was lecturing me about some past problem! After I explained again why I came to see her, she indicated I could have my 'physical exam' with her, if I insist, but the most woman find it unplesant!!! On top of all this, she was arrogant, INSINCERE and CONDESCENDING! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE!!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr Ornstein is an amazing doctor. She is knowledgeable, takes the time to answer questions and empathetic. She delivered my first baby I was terrified of pregnancy right from the start Dr Ornstein reassured me at every visit that everything was going to be just fine. She has a calming manner but also a zero tolerance for drama. Love her would recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr.Ornstein is an excellent physician, the best I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have been seeing her for 10 years and she sees my family members also! Best OB/GYNO out there!!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017