Ratings for Dr. Angela K. Dawson

Dr. Dawson helped my daughter and me back in 2006. My daughter had OCD and I had severe manic-depression.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr.Dawson is a highly intelligent and loving woman.My daughter loved going to see her!!! Unfortunately, she moved.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr.Dawson is one of the best psychiatrist who I have seen for 12 wonderful long years and will still be except unfortunately she moved to North Dakota. May God bless Angela and I don't appreciate people trashing her good name!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Excellent physician!!! Clinical workers were helpful as well.... Office staff seemed to changed frequently.. that seems to be the norm in Doctors Offices.. Regardless- you will be sorely missed in here in the Atlanta area!!! North Dakota ? Who is for global warming now ? God Speed.. Go Dawgs!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

Just to clear up some of the other comments, the people who haven't met with her often may not have noticed it and have taken offense - one of Dr. Dawson's eyes actually does not focus on you, so she isn't trying to be rude - she has a disability. I agree that her general office staff leave a lot to be desired but I have found her to be knowledgeable and helpful. She will work with you if you are medication averse. She helped me move my child from stimulants to non-stimulants and then to a combination that worked better to meet both needs. You just have to ask her, the majority of parents want medications so it's probably a breakdown in communication. She does sometimes come across as aloof but she was very empathetic when I went through medical problems myself and even though I was only there for my child's med check-ups, she took the time to talk to him about how he was handling my hair loss (chemo) etc.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Billing problems - overcharging on patient contribution resulting in numerous calls to insurance company for help. Staff was rude and argumentative, although I understand there is a new office manager. Only use her for med management every 90 days to get RX refill + and dread the meetings. She doesn't connect well during the 10min sessions, poor eye contact, feels very condecending and low empathy. Her questions and answers sound rote without any real interest in background or historical qualifiers. She came highly recommended by my internist but I don't think I would recommned her personally.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Once again Dr. Dawson has come through for me as well as her new office manager , Lynn. I needed an emergency appt for my teenage daughter and the scheduled her right in and spent a great deal of time talking with us. The office staff was very accomodating and I will definitely refer frends co workers and other family member to see her. I hope she is still taking new patient. Thanks alot Family Behavioral Health....

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

I HAVE REALLY TRUSTED DR.ANGELA DAWSON W/ MY TREATMENT. SHE HAS HELPED ME W/ ALL OF MY ISSUES. DR. DAWSON IS VERY EASY TO TALK TO AND SHE IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT MY MEDICATIONS. sHE ALWAYS REMEMBERS WHO I AM AND TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN AND REALLY HELPS IN OUR SESSIONS. I REALLY WOULD RECOMMEND DR. DAWSON TO ANYONE WHO WOULD NEED HER SERVICES.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I took my child to Dr. Dawson and my first impression was that the staff first off was awesome and very helpful. I love the fact the Dr. Dawson took her time with me and my child in answering questions and letting me know what was wrong and how we can both help her. I would go back and I am going back.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Very pleased. I felt she really listened and connected with my son.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2009

Dr. Angela K. Dawson's Credentials

• Mercer Univ Sch Of Med, MacOn Ga 31207 (Grad. 1992)

Care Credit For Capital One