Ratings for Dr. Bernard Dong

This doctor is truly an inspiration to all dentists.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Dong for several years now and am so happy with the service I receive. He takes the time to explain everything to me and allows me to ask all the questions that I have. I am so happy with any dental work that Dr. Dong has done for me, he is very gentle. I find the staff very friendly and helpful. Recently I needed some fillings done that I wasn't sure how much my insurance would cover. The staff helped me figure out what my portion would be so that I had no financial surprises which I very much appreciated.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Each visit I have I am always greeted with a smile and warm welcome from Dr. Dong's receptionist, Millie. She is so genuine, kind and speaks very calmly which helps with my nerves. A nice touch when going to the dentist since I'm not a fan of dentist appointments. I hope she will never leave. Dr. Dong does excellent work and will explain everything that needs to be done. He devotes his time to the patients 100%. The hygienist is good although there has been a high turnover within the past few years. Not sure why that is but I'll continue to go to Dr. Dong for he excellent dental expertise.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Some of the best dental work I've ever had. He doesn't force any course of action and ensures you understand the alternatives, both considering your time and money. Not always punctual with the appointments is due to his extra time when you're actually in the chair. Excellent with the needle/freezing and very pleasant to talk to. It may be hard to get appointments now as he's quite full but if you value quality work over time it takes to complete the job, this is the best dentist.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Dong took over from Dr. Jack Groot who we had been seeing since we moved to Victoria in 1979. Dr. Dong is thorough, gentle, takes the time to explain the work and his recommendations, always gets pre-approval for the work from my insurer, answers his own emergency number and has helped out in emergencies twice, on weekends, even at Christmas one time. He just did a huge job on me and did most of the work on what is supposed to be his days off. Millie, his receptionist, has been with him from the beginning and I really like her. Hygienists come and go, some good, some not so good, perhaps that is why they move on. My daughter and her 3 kids see Dr. Dong as well. He is not hesitant to make referrals to specialists when it is indicated. I am so glad he is younger than me so I can rely on him for the long term!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I used to think Dr. Dong was a good dentist, but not anymore. After moving from Victoria, I had a potentially serious dental situation as a result of Dr. Dong's dental work. My new dentist tried several times over the course of a month to reach Dr. Dong to obtain crucial information, and was told by Dr. Dong's receptionist that he would be in touch. The longer I had to wait to get it fixed, the more the potential for serious complications grew. Not wanting to risk further deterioration, my new dentist finally gave up waiting and went into the situation blind. I'm truly fortunate to have found such a skilled and attentive dentist. He was able to clean up after Dr. Dong and although I'm not out of the woods yet, it's looking good. Everybody makes mistakes, but the fact that Dr. Dong couldn't even be bothered to respond to a fellow professional about a serious situation speaks volumes and borders on negligence.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

As someone with extreme anxiety around dentists, Dr Dong has been very patient, gentle and understanding. His staff is wonderful, prices are reasonable and they work directly with my insurance to reduce my costs.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Dong is a most thorough, professional and gentle dentist. I have had extensive dental work done by him and after 8-9 years there have been no problems with any of his work. He does not accept anything but the best from the lab he deals with and his staff are very friendly and caring. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a new dentist.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

I found his receptionist really abrupt and unhelpful. As she's the face of the practice, it really decreases the quality of the experience. As well, I spoke to Bernie about my procedure and the costs and he seemed to forget the whole conversation. It was important to me, I remembered and made note of every detail, there wasn't even any notes in my chart about the conversation. I've moved on to an amazing dentist, don't be limited my lower than average service!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Have just found this site and wanted to tell you of my experience. Was booked in for a replacement filling. Dr Dong remove filling and then told me that I needed a crown. I obviously wanted to discuss this but he had some sort of rubber contraption on my mouth which prevented me from talking and he would not remove it so that I could ask questions! Had to write questions on a piece of paper! I let him go ahead and put on a temporary crown. However a couple of day later I had more questions about why I had needed the crown. Was very difficult to get to speak to him but eventually he called me then after the conversation he had one of his staff fire me!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012