Dr. Max Ohnona

Ratings for Dr. Max Ohnona

My experience with this office was excellent. I called Dr. Ohnona after dealt with 2 other podiatrists. Dr. Ohnona was able to diagnose and treat me on the same visit. The receptionist was accommodative. Thank you! will recommend your services in the future.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I'd been warned before seeing him that he knew his stuff but was very off-putting on a personal level. That is putting it mildly. He referred to my left foot as "the nastiest thing he'd seen in five years" Ouch. Whether or not he was joking, it's not the most professional thing to say to a new patient. Later on his secretary kept calling about a follow-up, then calling to cancel, then calling again, then cancelling again to the point it was like she was stalking me. When I finally did make it in, I was made to wait for over half an hour in a room while he chatted with people outside about pets and social matters. When I told him I had other things I could be doing, he totally snapped at me. It was the one and only time in my life anyone in the medical profession ever raised their voice at me! He went on a tirade about how he had more significant things to be doing like surgery etc and that is why I'd waited so long. As if I hadn't heard the entire thing and even wanted to be there in the first place for this ridiculous follow up. Combine this with his very high prices, he should be called Dr. Oh-no-you-better-not. I will say that my orthotics were great but whether or not it is worth the hassle is up to the patient!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. Ohnona is very knowledgeable doctor. He got over 35 years of experience treating feet. Me and my whole family see him since 11 year. We are very happy. If you want your feet to be happy I strongly suggest go see him

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

My strong advice is NEVER go to this doctor. About two years ago I went to see Dr. Ohnona for a consultation. I had a small painful cyst on the sole of my foot which I wanted removed. From the moment I stepped in his office, he was rude, loud, and unprofessional. When I asked questions, he would get angry and yell, "Who's the doctor?! I'm a surgeon!" Several times he said, "That's your problem, not my problem!" and, "It's bad, what did you do? It's really baaaad," while shaking his head and staring at me. I was shocked. Even though I wanted the cyst removed, he started his sales pitch for custom orthotics for about a thousand dollars. I asked why I needed two because only one foot had a problem. He said, "Think about it! Balance! Balance!" as he tapped his temple with his index finger like I was incompetent. My wife in the waiting room heard every word Ohnona said, even though the door was closed, because he was so loud. After the appointment, I was in a bit of shock. My wife asked me if I was okay. I said, "That was a nightmare." She asked Ohnona why he's like this. He said that being loud and forceful is the only way to deal with old people and now it's his habit. !!! His receptionist called a few days later to resume the sales pitch and told my wife the treatment plan he wouldn't give me that day. After this useless appointment, I went and paid for another podiatrist. The next doctor told me I had perfect arches and didn't need orthotics. My cyst was eventually treated in several minutes at Vancouver General Hospital, one visit and done. This is the worst doctor I've had in my entire life. He is a disgrace to his profession and I hope his license will be revoked. He is rude, hurtful, unhelpful, unethical, and expensive. He will try his best to rip off weak patients. Stay away!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Insanely expensive! Prices have doubled, not sure why. $240 for casting alone!! The orthotic itself began to fall apart after five months despite it costing $750 (!) for the orthotic alone. Prepaid for a follow-up appointment that his office refused to honour. A terrible experience overall that I will never, ever repeat again.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I love him, he's straightforward and honest and knows his stuff. I don't need someone to console me, I want a diagnosis and treatment which he provides. It's your choice to listen to him but if you don't, then you'll be back. I think he's great

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

It's not so much that he is being rude, its that he presents as having some kind of psychological imbalances that make him appear egocentric, erratic, and insincere. He's big on head-games. Either you are willing to overlook these things and play along, or - leave before he fires you for not being a good and admiring fan. He's so inconsistent, sometimes his work is great, other times it's bizarre. Maybe you'll be luck and it will work out, maybe you will be among the legions of former patients who he has his secretary call up and try to get them to come into the clinic again.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

The best advice I can give you is "buyer beware". Find out the cost of any services before they occur and compare them with other podiatrists. I took my family of four there for check-ups / brief assessments. He charged us $740 for less than an hour of work. He charged me $185 for looking at my son's feet (it took about seven minutes) and saying he needed orthotics. Dr. Ohnona is knowleadgeable about podiatry, but not about how to deal with people. His arrogance, even with a veneer of humour, is very annoying. When I asked him to discuss his fees with me ( I hadn't been told what they would be and never dreamed they would be this high) he refused to speak with me.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Yes, he is knowledgeable. I live in the States and have had consults with the most highly regarded podiatrists, including cost of orthotics. When my friend in Vancouver told me how much she was paying Dr. Ohnona for orthotics I was shocked. Even the top podiatrists here do not charge over $350. Yes, adjustments are needed but the actual orthotics are made in a factory for approx. $1

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

If you're looking for a social visit with a doctor who's going to compliment you on everything, then don't go see him. If you want someone who knows what he's doing and will save your feet, then go to him Yes, he's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016