You may also like

Rate Dr. Max Ohnona

Dr. Max Ohnona's Ratings

Decent podiatrist but he overcharges like no other. He charges 700+ for his orthodics while every other podiatrist charges 400 or less. Most insurance companies cover 80% of $350 for custom orthodics made from cast molds.

Had I gone to the podiatrist across the street from my home in Yaletown, I would have paid 90 dollars out of pocket for custom orthodics. With Ohnona I paid $750 out of pocket, as even his fees were way higher than what insurance companies cover.

I would not recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I wound not recommend Dr. Max Ohnona. He has a great knowledge and 30+ experience; however, there is a room to improve his patient approach. Sometimes it is his punctuality, his monologue style conversation, his fees that are high and insurance didn't cover half of what I was invoice for. Things could have been done more efficiently, that would require less visits, lower fees for the patient and a feeling that someone actually listened to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2791456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Worst experience I have ever had. The entire appointment was so ridiculous I thought I was on Candid Camera. First off, the receptionist was very rude when I came in 3 minutes early, she said she wasn't opened yet and was going to make me wait outside until I asked if I could just sit and wait. Dr. Ohnona came out into the waiting room a couple times and didn't even acknowledge me (a potential new patient) the least bit. When I finally got in for my appointment, he was very rude, he did not even say hello before sternly telling me to sit down and ask me what I was doing there. He looked at my feet (I have large bunions) and proceeded to tell me how bad this situation was. Then he was look at me and almost yell "Do you know how bad this is? Oh my God! This is bad!" He would ask me questions about my feet and when I went to answer he would abruptly interrupt me and continue to tell me how knowledgeable and wise he is and that he doesn't need me to answer him because 'he knows... because he is a surgeon.' This doctor is a complete joke, I may as well thrown my money in the garbage. The hour appointment consisted of him telling me how great and amazing of a doctor he is, then he glued sponges to my feet without explaining what the heck he was doing, and told me to come back to him and get fit for orthotics. I would not give another cent to this guy. He also said he would refer me to St. Paul's Hospital Foot Clinic (which he did not), and said I wont have to wait very long once they see his name on the referral because he is such an incredible and reputable surgeon. I originally went to him because I saw on RateMDs he was rated one of the top 3 podiatrists in Vancouver... Now that I have met him, I am sure that all the amazing reviews on here were written by him or his receptionist. This guy was such a jerk I'd be surprised if he even had friends. This is your warning, do not waste your time or money seeing this "doctor".

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2727862].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

This Dr. is definitely getting kickbacks for orthotics...100% chance he will try to push them on you no matter what you go there for...Beware!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2652026].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

This guy is amazing. I don't know why people left bad reviews and said they wouldn't be coming back but I can share my experience.

Dr. Max Ohnona is one of the kindest, most knowledgeable surgeons I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. His receptionist is very pleasant, warm and polite, as well as organized and accommodating. Physicians are notorious for running late but the first two (and only for now) times I have been to the office, Dr. Max Ohnona was exactly on time in taking me for my appointment. Additionally, he estimated my surgery to the minute and, I don't know how he managed to guess, but that is EXACTLY the time it took, including all of the bandaging.
He was very open and detailed in answering my questions and concerns, pausing every so often to ask me if I understood everything he said.
During the consultation he took his time and didn't try to rush me. He answered questions about everything and didn't limit me to discussion about the reason I came in like some doctors do. My reason for visit was for an ingrown toenail removal but the Dr also did a general foot exam and was able to point out my problem in less than 10 seconds. I knew something was wrong but he was able to show me exactly what.

He was also extremely generous in providing me with pain medications and additional care supplies I would need after my surgery and gave me a "take away" bag of lotions soaps and samples of pain killers I would need in addition to my prescriptions.

It is true that this man has a sense of humor and is quite funny. As some reviews said, he is a bit eccentric and may interrupt you at times but after his schpiels, he let's you say your bit and is very respectful. Note that he is specific in after care and may pretend to be arrogant or give attitude but that's just his personality. I met him twice and can say that he is one of few people that GENUINELY care. He's nice and he's pleasant after the initial 3min introduction.

I will recommend him to everyone and will be coming back again for post-op check ups and custom fit orthodics later down the road (month or two).
Really great doctor. See him!!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2644698].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I have met with Dr. Ohnona twice and will continue to as I break in my new orthotics. He is extremely capable and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2606578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr.Ohnona is a wonderful, professional podiatrist. I've been seeing him for over a decade every five years (recommended) for replacement custom made orthodontics. He is very knowledgeable and wise and answers questions accurately. However, his products and services cost more and more every time I return and after paying approx. $1,000 on my recent visit for custom made orthodontics, including consultation fees and casting, I can no longer afford to return and will be seeking a less costly podiatrist in the future.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2574161].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

While this podiatrist's field of knowledge is wide he is very arrogant and full of his own importance. While he was examining me I posed a question and he immediately took umbrage stating "Did I ask you to speak". In other words I was only to speak when spoken to!! I appreciated the knowledge that he imparted but I took a rain check on the orthotics that were offered to remedy my situation. The cost of the orthotics were very costly and over the market price. Also I questioned in my mind as to whether their design would provide relief for me.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2442029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

My experience with this doctor is not quite good. First, this doctor is very firm on his own opinions. When he is wrong it is really bad to be firm. "Stubborn" it is called when people are wrong but are still firm. Second, he really charges you a lot. God help you if you do not have good insurance to cover you. Third, not quite important, he is really weird in his sense.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1104308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Dr Ohnona helped me with hammer toes and misshapen toes and orthotics for many yrs. He helped my father, a diabetic, as well. Would highly recommend

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1104307].votes_count ]]