Ratings for Dr. Maureen Borghoff

A very gifted caring Doctor with magical hands , and a very warm and welcoming staff

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I had been suffering with my neck being out of alignment for over a year before visiting Dr. Maureen. I had tried regular chiropractic care, massage, a NUCCA chiropractor, and nothing seemed to help. Someone gave me Dr. Maureen's name and I am so thankful they did. She obviously cares a great deal about her patients. Within 3 weeks of seeing her the bones in my neck have all lined up and for the most part are staying in place. My headaches are gone. When you are in as much pain as I was, and you receive treatments that take the pain away, you don't really care HOW it works. Yes it is comprised of gentle touches, and it absolutely worked for me when nothing else did. I am eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I have been going to Maureen for 10 years. I started going to her for treatment during my 2nd pregnancy and my back pain was again turning out to be quite debilitating. For my first pregnancy I suffered through traditional chiropractic treatments which I found to be painful and completely ineffective. I tried Network chiropractice and although I was sceptical, I was desperate to find a solution to get me through the remaining 5 months of pregnancy while working full time. I live in the area and it took me close to an hour of slow and painful walking to get to her office for my first treatment. I walked home in less than half the time and felt overjoyed that my pain was tolerable. I slept better and remained active throughout the remainder of my 2nd pregnancy. I don't feel that Maureen has ever been unfair with payments and I never get the impression that I have been pushed into doing more treatments than is useful. The treatment is gentle touch and I can see why some people question whether it is doing anything. I can only share my own experience which was very positive. My daughter (10 years old at the time) used to get sudden, sharp neck pains which caused her to cry. Monthly treatments by Maureen for a year and those neck pains went away completely. It's drug free, gentle and effective. Maureen herself is kind and lovely. My kids love going to see her also.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

This chiropractor uses a very specific technique called Network Chiropractic. I have been doing it for over 15 years and is a wellness approach. It teaches the body to heal itself. I have had major success with this technique and have been to a number of different "network" chiropractors over the years. Maureen is at the top of her game and is definitely one of the best out there. I have found her fees and approach to finances to be more than fair and, in many cases, she goes above and beyond by taking more time when needed. Her fees are actually less than most. It's unfortunate that the negative reviews on this site don't really reflect a current and ongoing relationship with her and her office.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Maureen is a wonderful chiropractor who has changed my life. She has a holistic approach and helped me not just with my neck pains but with other aspects of my life helping me to adopt a healthier, happier lifestyle. She has consistently gone out of her way to help me and support me in my life. She's much more than a chiropractor. Her technique is a touch so gentle it's hard to believe it's doing anything but your body soon feels the benefit. If you're on the fence about chiropractors, please give Maureen a try!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

My friend recommended her and gave me a gift certificate for initial analysis. She was stragenly enthusiastic - "She touched me two times and all my pain of so many years went away!" I went anyway. The "doctor" was very nice, attentive, listening, talked about the holistic approach to health, etc., but didn't really do anything about my spine. She was just patting me on the skin on my back for a few minutes. I got suspicious when it came to paying - she recommended 3 visits a week for 6 weeks, then less visits for "a period". There you MUST pay for a week ahead. I told them I can come only 2 times a week, and yet I was expected to pay for THREE visits. They said: "Well, we can do 2 treatments in 1 day, one after another". And that last sentence made my suspicious about the effectiveness of that treatment - if 2 visits one after another work, one not 6 at once? But this is my opinion - it might work for other people. I'm still thinking if I will go there again.

Submitted January 14, 2012

Transformational woman. Best doctor I've ever seen. Do yourself a favour and go see her!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

Submitted October 27, 2007

I was near death before I went to see her. She has been an absolute life saver. I used to take 4 Robaxacet a day for 6 years. She got me on a plan to change my life. She explained what health is and how my condition was affecting me. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would ever to without you!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

we were persuaded to take expensive series of "treatments" but when we changed our minds when the treatments proved spurious and a waste of time we were refused a refund for half of the fees

Submitted June 3, 2007