Ratings for Dr. Joycelyn Renee Holland

Ive been taught if you dont have something good to say you shouldnt say anything at all. However this doctor gave me a shot that made me sicker than i was when i came to her office. When i called the office for help i got no assistance. So i called blue cross the nurse advised me to call 911 immediately. I spent 4days in hospital fighting for my life. I would not advise anyone to visit this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Took my daughter in for a well visit. Upon siging in, the receptionist told me I had to pay my co-pay of $15.00 ( ( my insurance has NO copay for well visit)and we had a $23.00 outstanding balance from a visit 2 weeks earlier (This was the first I was hearing about it, I hadnt even gotten my statement back from my ins yet.)I only had $30 on me, ( wasnt planning on paying anything) but was told I had to pay in full. I asked if she could bill me. ( I wasn't new to the practice) I was told "no". So we left. (My exact words were a stunned "Well, I guess we have to go then. Bye?") I came home and called my insurance company to find out if they changed the policy regarding co-pays and explained what happened. They called the office and the receptionist told them they were going to waive the co-pay ( Which I didnt have to pay!)and I "stormed off" before they could suggest a partial payment!? I recieved a bill 2 weeks later. Dr. Holand was a good but not worth dealing with the office staff.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

I loved her and her staff! Wish her office was still in Summergrove. Can't believe people said she wasn't friendly. You don't go to the Dr to socialize, you go to get medication!!! DUH!!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

My experience with Dr. Holland & her staff could not have been better. I called to make an appointment & was seen that morning. Dr. Holland was very professional & quickly saw what I needed & made sure I was well taken care of. I'll definately return!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Very disappointed. Her office staff is very cold. She diagnoses by having patients answers questions on a computer rather than talking to them. There's very little conversation with her. This past winter, a diagnosis of strep was missed by her nurse practioner; even though I had several of the symptoms and mentioned my concern to the NP, I was not given a strep test. The next day, I broke out in a rash from it-scarlatina. I'm looking for a new doctor now who will treat me like a person and listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

I was a patient for several years, and ALWAYS felt something wsa missing. I felt as if I was going to a drive thru physical or appointment. In the end I felt on 2 occassions my health was potientally in danger if I had not made it a point to correct what mistake was made. I would NEVER suggest a person to this office on MANY levels!!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr Holland went from a small practice to a larger one and it no longer has that "hometown" feeling or care she once had. Doesn't seem to have the time for her patients. More of a get in and get out feeling. Felt she prescribed medication to take instead of getting to the source of what was wrong.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

I've seen Dr. Holland for several years & I really like her and feel confident going to her. I can't imagine seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

This woman lacks any bedside manner or compassion. I wasnt even able to get an appt, as she assumed I was a lowlife dr shopper bc I was switching dr's to have a female dr and for location convenience. She even threatened me by email. Long story. Summary: This woman should not even have a license, regardless of qualifications. Completely absurd, and I've NEVER come across a so called professional like this. I do not appreciate being threatened, and will be contacting my lawyer if this goes further.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

I saw Dr. Holland when I was very sick. She barely spoke to me, did not ask me any questions about my condition and responded to my questions using one or two word answers. She did not help me at all and I ended up in the emergency room two days later. I was so disapointed and angry with my experience. Her attitude towards me was unacceptable especially when I was clearly very sick.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Joycelyn Renee Holland's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1994)