Ratings for Dr. Terry F. Seltzer

One of the most arrogant doctors I have seen. I needed a prescription for my diabetes medication but couldn't get it. Finally I changed doctors was put on a different medication and now I am doing great. Definitely would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr Seltzer refused to see me to order visiting nurse services after surgery, which exasperated and led to surgical site infections, even when I begged him to squeeze me in. Very uncaring. Had no regard for my health.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Refused to listen when I came to him with my thyroid issue and told me to see a therapist because I was "stressed". Finally after months of delayed care, turns out I did have an auto immune issue. He is not knowledgeable in his field, and refused to ask questions or try to help get to the bottom of my issue. Just avoid him.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

He's all business but competent, knowledgeable, efficient.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Seltzer is by far one of best Drs at NYU. If you are looking for a hand holding Dr he isn t for you. However in an emergency he is there for you round the clock. Will give his home number and actually come to the hospital at all hours. If you need a different specialty for your treatment he will call other Dr's in the hospital and spend a great deal of time discussing your case as well as you the patient with other Dr.. He is a complete advocate for his patient and only wants to see you get better. As patient of his I prefer his direct answers to questions and total honesty. Not to mention in the 12 pulse years I have been a patient not once have i had to call for results of test. Within hours he is on the phone telling me results. Where i m a difficult patient and have never been shy to question treatment plans explains his thoughts clearly and ultimately I do exactly what he says. You simply will not find a better Dr..

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Don't bother wasting your time with this arrogant Dr. Find someone with compassion as well as skill.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

terry deserves a great rating but the rating is diminished by the staff at the hospital. he is knowledgeable and deals with the whole patient.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Seltzer is knowledgable if standoffish, but his office is a mess. Requesting orders for lab work and scheduling appointments is an nightmare. Often I need to cancel or reschedule appointments because lab orders were never sent. The staff is continuously unresponsive.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Worse physician I ever saw. Went to see him after getting diagnosed with diabetes after being in the ER two days prior. He wrote a prescription for insulin and never taught me how to inject it. Luckily I learned by watching a video on the internet. Make me get undressed and into a gown with the opening to the front. Did not properly drape me and examined my breast for no apparent reason. His technician was condensing and rude as well. Told me that with diabetes I could have ambulations and loss my eye sight. Not her place to discuss this. Never went back to this office again.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I just went to see Dr Seltzer for the first time, I found him, very bright and personable. He did not give me a breast exam -- but my last endocrinologist who was a female did so -- so the weird remarks of the others I would take with a grain of salt. He also understood technology and was able to review all of my charts -- things I hadn't even forwarded him -- so many doctors don't understand how to use computer systems and are drowning in paper. In the new age of insurance -- and lots of changes in the medical field -- I have to say Dr Seltzer and his team was the first I've seen whom I felt I didn't have to jump through hoops with to get care. He also was the first endocrinologist to thoroughly explain my condition to me. He's a bright guy -- and he doesn't dumb things down for his patients -- which I appreciated, he even called me later the same day to let me know he received some further paperwork from my former doctors to save me the call. Based on my first appointment I'm giving him 5 stars... I've never reviewed a doctor before that's how impressed I was.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Terry F. Seltzer's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1977)