Ratings for Dr. Shery Zener

I had no idea how bad she was, as someone who has been in therapy for much of their life her office was cold and unwelcoming. she kept playing 20 Questions. I felt as if I was talking with not a doctor, but someone from Bell Tech support. she was cold and seemed to brush off my answers as "oh well just try to keep track!" colder than my mother's heart in the middle of winter. I usually have at LEAST 40 minutes with a psychiatrist i think mine was more of... 30 minutes or less or it's free! I do not trust the medical industry and she has to be worse than my previous shrink. I left with a splitting migraine and a renewed sense of hatred for hospitals and doctors. i could of gotten father with a bar tender AND gotten a beer and Calamari too. this is where my tax dollars go to work? next time I'll just consult with my plushies and lava lamp, I could get father with them. complete waste of space. would be better suited for a job on daytime TV than her current position.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I don't understand how any of the previous comments on this site can be true. I've actually seen quite a few psychiatrists and she has been my favorite by a long shot. I will say, if you're looking for someone warm and fuzzy to talk about your feelings, she's probably not the doctor for you. I went to see her for help managing my OCD and she has helped tremendously. She has even gone above and beyond and found alternate testing to help get to the bottom of certain issues. You can tell she's incredibly intelligent and does her research. She keeps very up to date on new medical treatments and developments so there is always something new to try if something doesn't work out. I genuinely feel that she does care about my well being and spends time out of the office to help me. If you want help and to get it quickly and efficiently, go to Dr. Zener.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Perhaps some of you felt this doctor helped you...I never got the chance! My appointment with her was for 8 a.m. I had to come from Richmond Hill, took me about an hour to get to her office. After EXACTLY 8 minutes she said we were done, as she had to be somewhere else! 8 minutes! A first visit? I'm following up with a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I've never in my life of going to the doctor been treated so poorly and unprofessionally.

Submitted June 5, 2015

If there was a lower score I would choose that one. Dr.Zener is the worst psychiatric I have ever seen. After waiting nearly 3 HOURS! she was about to leave. She lacks empathy, consideration, communication skills, and posses a bit of a narcissistic personality. I think SHE needs to seek help herself. And Until she should not see patients as It can have detrimental effect on the patient. I left the office in tears and with hopelessness. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE HAS AN MD. She is not helpful, is rude, condescending, and outright mean.

Submitted April 20, 2015

So thankful for everything she did for me. She really helped me.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Very helpful and thorough. She is straight forward, insightful, and works with you. She doesn't sugar coat things, but

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I think it's hard for people to come to terms with the fact that they're seeing a psychiatrist because of the unfortunate stigma society paints with regards to mental health. Psychiatrists aren't there to be your friend. They're there to help diagnose you, provide psychotherapy, and prescribe appropriate medications. Dr. Zener was able to diagnose my issues and help me sort things. Hard truths came out about my personality, my own personal issues, etc... during the process, but that's something patients who seek psychiatric treatment have to accept. In order for doctors to diagnose you properly, they have to ask a lot of questions, and that includes questions about your medical history, your development, etc... If you don't like that, want an immediate fix, or came to your own conclusions with dr. google then perhaps seeking psychiatric treatment isn't for you. Overall, I was very impressed with her level of professionalism and the fact that I was able to overcome my anxiety and interpersonal issues. I would never be where I am today if it wasn't for her help.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I'm surprised to see even a single good review here. Zero sympathy, zero patience, zero professionalism. As someone who suffers from social anxiety and depression&general anxiety, she did nothing to make me feel comfortable. In fact, My anxiety always intensified after seeing her. I considered reporting her but settled for just cancelling treatment. I think all her patients end up cancelling on her, which is why those of us on the UofT waitlist often get stuck with her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Doctor Zener is a serious and professional psychiatrist. Her manner may be very formal, but she is thorough and asks questions with the intention of providing the best patient care. I saw Dr. Zener for treatment of ADD. She discussed the options for treatment with me and followed up to ensure the outcomes were good. At the time I saw Dr. Zener, I was experiencing other problems that she assisted with helpfully and very knowledgeably. Before attending at Dr. Zener's office, I read other reviews on this site. Dr. Zener has never asked me the same question twice, though she does ask many questions. I was 8 minutes late to an appointment once, and the reviews here left me terrified of the consequences. Dr. Zener was completely understanding about my tardiness and it was not an issue. I am entirely satisfied with Dr. Zener.

Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Zener is one of the absolute best psychiatrists. She goes above & beyond the call of duty to diagnose her patients & ensure that they have the appropriate care. Dr. Zener knows more than only her area of specialty & ensures that both the mental and physical health of her patients are taken care of, as well as being available to them when needed. She is patient, honest, kind, empathic & a lifesaver. I have read the disgruntled, highly inappropriate comments made & disagree with them wholeheartedly. Psychiatry is both a science & art form, requiring acceptance on the patient's behalf to accept that they have a mental health illness & to be open to being diagnosed & treated. Most people suffering with mental illness are not so willing & end up in a psychiatrist's office by virtue of referral by a GP. Those unhappy with Dr. Zener were truly unwilling to face reality, accept treatment & help. Shame on them for defaming a doctor who truly saves lives.

Submitted August 20, 2013