You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Shery Zener

I don't understand how any of the previous comments on this site can be true. I've actually seen quite a few psychiatrists and she has been my favorite by a long shot. I will say, if you're looking for someone warm and fuzzy to talk about your feelings, she's probably not the doctor for you. I went to see her for help managing my OCD and she has helped tremendously. She has even gone above and beyond and found alternate testing to help get to the bottom of certain issues. You can tell she's incredibly intelligent and does her research. She keeps very up to date on new medical treatments and developments so there is always something new to try if something doesn't work out. I genuinely feel that she does care about my well being and spends time out of the office to help me. If you want help and to get it quickly and efficiently, go to Dr. Zener.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Perhaps some of you felt this doctor helped you...I never got the chance! My appointment with her was for 8 a.m. I had to come from Richmond Hill, took me about an hour to get to her office. After EXACTLY 8 minutes she said we were done, as she had to be somewhere else! 8 minutes! A first visit? I'm following up with a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I've never in my life of going to the doctor been treated so poorly and unprofessionally.

Submitted June 5, 2015

If there was a lower score I would choose that one. Dr.Zener is the worst psychiatric I have ever seen. After waiting nearly 3 HOURS! she was about to leave. She lacks empathy, consideration, communication skills, and posses a bit of a narcissistic personality. I think SHE needs to seek help herself. And Until she should not see patients as It can have detrimental effect on the patient. I left the office in tears and with hopelessness. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE HAS AN MD. She is not helpful, is rude, condescending, and outright mean.

Submitted April 20, 2015

So thankful for everything she did for me. She really helped me.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I think it's hard for people to come to terms with the fact that they're seeing a psychiatrist because of the unfortunate stigma society paints with regards to mental health. Psychiatrists aren't there to be your friend. They're there to help diagnose you, provide psychotherapy, and prescribe appropriate medications. Dr. Zener was able to diagnose my issues and help me sort things. Hard truths came out about my personality, my own personal issues, etc... during the process, but that's something patients who seek psychiatric treatment have to accept. In order for doctors to diagnose you properly, they have to ask a lot of questions, and that includes questions about your medical history, your development, etc... If you don't like that, want an immediate fix, or came to your own conclusions with dr. google then perhaps seeking psychiatric treatment isn't for you. Overall, I was very impressed with her level of professionalism and the fact that I was able to overcome my anxiety and interpersonal issues. I would never be where I am today if it wasn't for her help.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I'm surprised to see even a single good review here. Zero sympathy, zero patience, zero professionalism. As someone who suffers from social anxiety and depression&general anxiety, she did nothing to make me feel comfortable. In fact, My anxiety always intensified after seeing her. I considered reporting her but settled for just cancelling treatment. I think all her patients end up cancelling on her, which is why those of us on the UofT waitlist often get stuck with her.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Doctor Zener is a serious and professional psychiatrist. Her manner may be very formal, but she is thorough and asks questions with the intention of providing the best patient care. I saw Dr. Zener for treatment of ADD. She discussed the options for treatment with me and followed up to ensure the outcomes were good. At the time I saw Dr. Zener, I was experiencing other problems that she assisted with helpfully and very knowledgeably. Before attending at Dr. Zener's office, I read other reviews on this site. Dr. Zener has never asked me the same question twice, though she does ask many questions. I was 8 minutes late to an appointment once, and the reviews here left me terrified of the consequences. Dr. Zener was completely understanding about my tardiness and it was not an issue. I am entirely satisfied with Dr. Zener.

Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. Zener is one of the absolute best psychiatrists. She goes above & beyond the call of duty to diagnose her patients & ensure that they have the appropriate care. Dr. Zener knows more than only her area of specialty & ensures that both the mental and physical health of her patients are taken care of, as well as being available to them when needed. She is patient, honest, kind, empathic & a lifesaver. I have read the disgruntled, highly inappropriate comments made & disagree with them wholeheartedly. Psychiatry is both a science & art form, requiring acceptance on the patient's behalf to accept that they have a mental health illness & to be open to being diagnosed & treated. Most people suffering with mental illness are not so willing & end up in a psychiatrist's office by virtue of referral by a GP. Those unhappy with Dr. Zener were truly unwilling to face reality, accept treatment & help. Shame on them for defaming a doctor who truly saves lives.

Submitted August 20, 2013

Waited for months to see her through the school (Oct to May) after being told CAPS were the ones to talk too, she talked to me for all of five minutes, decided I "probably don't have a learning disability" and that it may just be comorbidity of other issues, told me it was great meeting me, and left me no opportunity for a followup. Now I'm in trouble with OSAP, and out of school until I pay back the tuition difference because I'm no longer a student with a learning disability. I only needed to renew my medication and re-affirm my diagnosis for Accessibility Services.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr. Shery Zener's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nasty women. I waited 8 hours in the emergency (I pretty much had a break down after not being on pills for a few months). And then she told me to get my blood ..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't understand how any of the previous comments on this site can be true. I've actually seen quite a few psychiatrists and she has been my favorite by a lon..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Perhaps some of you felt this doctor helped you...I never got the frickin chance! My appointment with her was for 8 a.m. I had to come from Richmond Hill, took ..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "If there was a lower score I would choose that one. Dr.Zener is the worst psychiatric I have ever seen. After waiting nearly 3 HOURS! she was about to leave. Sh..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "So thankful for everything she did for me. She really helped me."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very helpful and thorough. She is straight forward, insightful, and works with you. She doesn't sugar coat things, but"

December 7, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I think it's hard for people to come to terms with the fact that they're seeing a psychiatrist because of the unfortunate stigma society paints with regards to ..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "wow, Dr. Zener sure likes to inflate her ego on this site. Only Dr. Zener would be ridiculous enough to write Dr. Zener seven times in one paragraph while clai..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This "doctor" has no clue whatsoever. Myself and several friends have been sent to her, and it was a total waste of time. I've also heard that she has been wr..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ahjjbhbhggjbggbjjbbgjjvjgvgmgmgmvmgmgmgvmgvgvmvmgmgvm"

September 27, 2014