Ratings for Dr. Shery Zener

I spent the first 6 months of visits waiting a minimum of 1.5 hours to see her then reminding Dr Zener who I was, what my issues were and what medication she had currently prescribed to me as it was changed many times. I find her manner to be off-hand, un-compassionate, dismissive and generally her advice to me unhelpful. She may be knowledgeable in some areas of her field, but not in others which includes mine - infact I'd say her comments have bordered on insulting at times. I have learned to not get upset and now just ignore them. The first few times I saw her I left feeling very distraught and even more desperate for help than I had before I saw her. I now go pretty much only to get her to complete my prescription refills and in the meantime continue to seek another psychiatrist who can give me more time and a bit more understanding.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

I have no idea why Dr. Zener is getting such terrible reviews. Wow. She's honestly probably the first psychiatrist I've ever connected with as a human being, after too many years of dealing with unknowledgeable drs that half-as* their jobs. The only issue I have with Zener is that punctuality isn't her strong point; but that could be due to a very high patient load at the hospital. She's always been pleasant, and understanding, and both challenges thoughts, but also listens to what's going on. Most shrinks I've had at TEGH have been horrendous; she's a refreshing break for sure. She's straight to the point, no nonsense, no fluff, and I very much appreciate drs like that. She also knows a lot about rare illnesses. Come prepared to your appointment, and I'm sure you'll be able to benefit from her intelligent mind. Staff 3/5, Punctuality 3/5, Helpfulness 4/5, and Knowledge 5/5.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Obviously an intelligent woman who knows what she is talking about medically. But you come away with the feeling that she doesn't care about you at all. Lack of empathy and rude on top of that. Terrible bedside manner and honestly seems irritated by you. Made me cry multiple times and would interrupt me repeatedly to ask why i wasn't looking her in the eyes while talking to her (spoiler.. I have social anxiety issues among other things). If you're looking for empathy while going through the process of getting a diagnosis for your issues, would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

For a psychiatrist this doctor is not very helpful or concerned about patient needs

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Like the other reviews say. She has zero sympathy. Could care less about you.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Very rude, arrogant and too quick to offer a medication. Didn't offer any suggestions for dealing with my mental illness...I felt like she didn't even care but just wanted to get it iver with and move on with her day. She may know about her science but does not know basic communication skills and the importance of building rapport with families who are enduring mental health challenges. Her office is also not inviting and she "welcomes" you as if you are just another work assignment and not a human patient who is in a fragile state and needs empathy.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I had no idea how bad she was, as someone who has been in therapy for much of their life her office was cold and unwelcoming. she kept playing 20 Questions. I felt as if I was talking with not a doctor, but someone from Bell Tech support. she was cold and seemed to brush off my answers as "oh well just try to keep track!" colder than my mother's heart in the middle of winter. I usually have at LEAST 40 minutes with a psychiatrist i think mine was more of... 30 minutes or less or it's free! I do not trust the medical industry and she has to be worse than my previous shrink. I left with a splitting migraine and a renewed sense of hatred for hospitals and doctors. i could of gotten father with a bar tender AND gotten a beer and Calamari too. this is where my tax dollars go to work? next time I'll just consult with my plushies and lava lamp, I could get father with them. complete waste of space. would be better suited for a job on daytime TV than her current position.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I don't understand how any of the previous comments on this site can be true. I've actually seen quite a few psychiatrists and she has been my favorite by a long shot. I will say, if you're looking for someone warm and fuzzy to talk about your feelings, she's probably not the doctor for you. I went to see her for help managing my OCD and she has helped tremendously. She has even gone above and beyond and found alternate testing to help get to the bottom of certain issues. You can tell she's incredibly intelligent and does her research. She keeps very up to date on new medical treatments and developments so there is always something new to try if something doesn't work out. I genuinely feel that she does care about my well being and spends time out of the office to help me. If you want help and to get it quickly and efficiently, go to Dr. Zener.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Perhaps some of you felt this doctor helped you...I never got the chance! My appointment with her was for 8 a.m. I had to come from Richmond Hill, took me about an hour to get to her office. After EXACTLY 8 minutes she said we were done, as she had to be somewhere else! 8 minutes! A first visit? I'm following up with a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. I've never in my life of going to the doctor been treated so poorly and unprofessionally.

Submitted June 5, 2015

If there was a lower score I would choose that one. Dr.Zener is the worst psychiatric I have ever seen. After waiting nearly 3 HOURS! she was about to leave. She lacks empathy, consideration, communication skills, and posses a bit of a narcissistic personality. I think SHE needs to seek help herself. And Until she should not see patients as It can have detrimental effect on the patient. I left the office in tears and with hopelessness. I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE HAS AN MD. She is not helpful, is rude, condescending, and outright mean.

Submitted April 20, 2015