Ratings for Dr. Margaret Ann Curtis

I saw Dr. Curtis about 5 times over 3 years for various issues, none of them serious. While her service wasn't horrible, sadly there's not much good to say! Long wait times with no apology, medical students present without asking whether I'd be comfortable with them, doesn't make eye contact but instead types notes the whole time, doesn't do a complete skin exam the first visit. Dr. Curtis warms up as you get to know her, but very curiously, never volunteers any information that you have not already requested of her. I expected that a new derm would do a full exam, then review related skin care basics with me. Nope, she just looked at me and waited for any questions about anything, wrapping up if I had none. I took to writing down questions after internet research before each appt. I felt like i was self-treating, then just validating what I had read. Very frustrating experience and I always left feeling that I didn't yet have all the info., from my acne problem to the cebaceous cyst on my back. Don't waste your time with her - find yourself a doctor who actually initiates care and treatment and doesn't just try to minimize the time you spend with her.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I found Dr. Curtis to be rude and have poor bedside manner. She saw me an hour after my appointment time for my initial appointment and did not introduce herself or greet me in any way, simply proceeded to open my chart and ask where I work after finding out I work in health care in a tone that suggested judgement. She interrupted me several times when I was trying to explain to her my skin complaints and then was very short and dismissive when speaking with me. I left feeling very frustrated and disappointment with the consultation.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Curtis' for a good 13 years for annual checkups and facial burn offs of potential issues. Nothing big. She was monitoring a weird looking dark spot from the beginning and two years ago, she simply said during one of my annuals.....time for this to go. I was in within days and had it removed and it was pre-melanoma. The woman saved my life. Yes. I can recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Margaret Ann Curtis by my dermatologist, Dr. Robert Solomon, for some more cosmetic inquiries regarding some minor dilated blood vessels from my rosacea. She was a few minutes late, which is fine, and she had a student with her, which also do not mind, if it aids in teaching students new things. She's very professional and knowledgeable, and has provided me with some great options that will suit my lifestyle and schedule when I do receive treatment. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I have seen Dr. Curtis about three or four times. I did not enjoy any of our meetings. One time I made the earliest appointment and the doctor was still late by 30 minutes with no explanation. She always had a student with her. She never asked me if it was okay for the student to sit in. I would have to stand there without clothes and spin around for her to inspect my skin. She did not talk to me but instead spoke to her student each time. The students would look at me wide eyed as if to apologize. Questions that I had about other skin issues to fix she said no without further explanation. She's cold, not pleasant. I am reasonable person and not demanding. I did give her service a good try over a few years. In the end I asked my family doctor for a referral to a different doctor. I would not suggest Dr. Curtis. She has no bedside manner as they say.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I went to see Dr Curtis about acne rosacea. The treatment undertaken was not effective, the consultation was very short, no advice on proper cleansing/care was provided, and no information on my condition was provided. I got better advice doing a Google search. Staff not helpful - until you go down the hall for the cosmetic side of her practice. Completely different atmosphere there!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Curtis for over 25 years. She is the best dermatologist and has always been helpful, correct in her diagnosis, caring, effecient and professional. I recommend Dr. Curtis very highly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Anne is an ok doctor. I went in after another dermatologist said I had eczema. She said no you hae finacea . The last appointment she said you have folliculitis . I suggested we do some testin we find out she says no. Every time its a different thing. They give you an appointment time at 1 45. I waited an hour and saw her at 2:45. I will not be going back because wait times is brutal.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Dr. Curtis gave full explanations to all of my questions.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

My daughter and I were referred to her by our family physician. I wouldn't get another referral to see her again. She was good for my particular treatment, but I never felt at ease with her. Her communication skills are not great and she can be a bit condescending. My daughter's treatment was inefective, caused her a painful burning sensation and I was never informed what was in it nor what the possible side effects were. This was unbeknown to be, an off label prescription!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013