Ratings for Dr. Margaret Ann Curtis

I understand why so many are critical of her manner. She could easily make a dramatic improvement in her manner with little effort. However, I believe she has provided competent care over the years. related to a number of cancers and she has always responded to questions, though typically in a summary fashion. Punctuality is not good but in line with average Toronto doctors . She is somewhat abrupt and hurried compared to other doctors I have had. Her record keeping is minimal but again typical of Toronto doctors. She is not taking advantage of available record keeping technology. The most important issue is competence and the care delivered. While I work in a related field, I am not in a position to assess her knowledge. However, having seen her for years for ongoing issue, I believe she has provided good care and I will continue to see her.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Although Dr. Curtis seems knowledgeable, she is more a business woman than a doctor, so anything that goes out of the scope of her private business (i.e. cosmetic procedures) is not of any interest, or concern to her. She was indeed very professional in discourse, faking interest, but in fact my visit was a total waste of my time, unless I wanted to remove some of my moles cosmetically (.i.e. in a private environment and pay out- of- pocket for them). I did not go, and my family doctor did not send me there because I was concerned of my appearance with some moles, I went there because of past history and because I was concerned with quite a few of them that were in a friction area (pant line etc), that bled and changed colour and other things. She agreed that they were in a friction area, that there were problems with some of them, but unless I wanted to remove them "cosmetically", there was no concern from her part. Unfortunately, the whole time I was there I never had the feeling I was in a doctor's office looking for the best interest of the patient, but in a business office where I had to be cautious not to get tricked. The whole time she gave me the feeling I was wasting my time there and that I took time off from work for nothing. I would have expected her to create a map of my moles and to want to see me from time to time to check how they have evolved over time, but no, that was not her business. On the other hand, I did not really feel comfortable that I had to remove my clothes in her presence while she was looking at me, but I would have overlooked that, if the care was more patient-focused than business-focused. I guess you have a different kind of treatment upstairs in the private rooms. The girls at the reception were very nice, but while booking for an appointment over the phone they tried to push me to other doctors in her practice every time I called, who, from the comments on this site, look even worse. Otherwise, they were nice, polite and the wait time was about 1/2 hour, which was not that bad. Overall, a mediocre experience. I gave her one star for knowledge not because she is not knowledgeable (which I assume she is, but I cannot know), but because all she knows seems to be only applied for business purposes, and not in a patient's best interest, so patients do not really benefit from her knowledge. I hope other patients are going to have a better experience, and that this was only an isolated case.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I saw Dr. Curtis about 5 times over 3 years for various issues, none of them serious. While her service wasn't horrible, sadly there's not much good to say! Long wait times with no apology, medical students present without asking whether I'd be comfortable with them, doesn't make eye contact but instead types notes the whole time, doesn't do a complete skin exam the first visit. Dr. Curtis warms up as you get to know her, but very curiously, never volunteers any information that you have not already requested of her. I expected that a new derm would do a full exam, then review related skin care basics with me. Nope, she just looked at me and waited for any questions about anything, wrapping up if I had none. I took to writing down questions after internet research before each appt. I felt like i was self-treating, then just validating what I had read. Very frustrating experience and I always left feeling that I didn't yet have all the info., from my acne problem to the cebaceous cyst on my back. Don't waste your time with her - find yourself a doctor who actually initiates care and treatment and doesn't just try to minimize the time you spend with her.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I found Dr. Curtis to be rude and have poor bedside manner. She saw me an hour after my appointment time for my initial appointment and did not introduce herself or greet me in any way, simply proceeded to open my chart and ask where I work after finding out I work in health care in a tone that suggested judgement. She interrupted me several times when I was trying to explain to her my skin complaints and then was very short and dismissive when speaking with me. I left feeling very frustrated and disappointment with the consultation.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Curtis' for a good 13 years for annual checkups and facial burn offs of potential issues. Nothing big. She was monitoring a weird looking dark spot from the beginning and two years ago, she simply said during one of my annuals.....time for this to go. I was in within days and had it removed and it was pre-melanoma. The woman saved my life. Yes. I can recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Margaret Ann Curtis by my dermatologist, Dr. Robert Solomon, for some more cosmetic inquiries regarding some minor dilated blood vessels from my rosacea. She was a few minutes late, which is fine, and she had a student with her, which also do not mind, if it aids in teaching students new things. She's very professional and knowledgeable, and has provided me with some great options that will suit my lifestyle and schedule when I do receive treatment. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I have seen Dr. Curtis about three or four times. I did not enjoy any of our meetings. One time I made the earliest appointment and the doctor was still late by 30 minutes with no explanation. She always had a student with her. She never asked me if it was okay for the student to sit in. I would have to stand there without clothes and spin around for her to inspect my skin. She did not talk to me but instead spoke to her student each time. The students would look at me wide eyed as if to apologize. Questions that I had about other skin issues to fix she said no without further explanation. She's cold, not pleasant. I am reasonable person and not demanding. I did give her service a good try over a few years. In the end I asked my family doctor for a referral to a different doctor. I would not suggest Dr. Curtis. She has no bedside manner as they say.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I went to see Dr Curtis about acne rosacea. The treatment undertaken was not effective, the consultation was very short, no advice on proper cleansing/care was provided, and no information on my condition was provided. I got better advice doing a Google search. Staff not helpful - until you go down the hall for the cosmetic side of her practice. Completely different atmosphere there!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Curtis for over 25 years. She is the best dermatologist and has always been helpful, correct in her diagnosis, caring, effecient and professional. I recommend Dr. Curtis very highly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Anne is an ok doctor. I went in after another dermatologist said I had eczema. She said no you hae finacea . The last appointment she said you have folliculitis . I suggested we do some testin we find out she says no. Every time its a different thing. They give you an appointment time at 1 45. I waited an hour and saw her at 2:45. I will not be going back because wait times is brutal.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016