Ratings for Dr. Vivien Hutchinson

I and all my family was her patient for over 15 years, a she is very knowledgeable, always up-to-date on latest medical knowledge, very kind and professional, the "very best" doctor

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

wait times horriffic even with an appointment (why bother making one?), doctor is very distracted, doesn't follow up on problems, acts like she has never seen you before!Staff are dreadful, sloppy, test results lost

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Dr. Hutchinson can only be described as "Pro active". She is thorough and attentive to her patient's needs. She is my doctor and my elderly mom's doctor. She makes us feel that we are important to her and makes sure that any follow-up tests are completed to endsure our physical health is 'as good as it can be'. Unfortunately, the clinic she works in is very disorganized and the wait time to see her, even with an appointment,can be tedious. That said, she is worth waiting for!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

My daughter who is expecting her 1st child at 31 has a lot of questions and concerns.Her main concern is how this Dr. is treating her or should I say not treating her. She has not had any regular checkups and no referrals to a OBGYN. She never has time to answer question, when my daugther books appointments if she can even get an appointment. She is rude and of no help at all, if she does not want to help people why be a doctor????

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr Hutchinson is a perfect example of why some people should NOT be doctors. She was cruel, mean and heartless. My son is 3yrs old and has a fear of spiders. She wrote out a perscription for anti-phsycotics without even asking ONE question. When i asked what it was she gave us, she got mad.. waved a copy of the sick kids for children manual and said thats what they say to give him. NOT ONE QUESTION.. She refused to tell us what the meds were for or what they did saying only " Idont have time to explain the"..My wife left in tears cause she was so mean. All we wanted was a referral to a professional who deals with child phobias.. She said she didnt have time to ask the questions needed for a referral so she just wrote out a perscription. NO questions were asked about his past and acually got mad that we, the parents of a 3yr old wanted to know what she was giving him. She is now going to be investigated and we are persuing this to the full extent we can.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr.Hutchison is a physician that actually cares about her patients. She takes the time to listen and then gets things done.She refers you to a specialist and follows up also with tests, eg. blood work, CT Scans, x-rays - very prompt. Pleasant and caring - My daughters and I feel comfortable talking to her and telling her how we feel - and she is always willing to listen and then help you. She will have you come back for a follow-up and see how you are feeling. Always pleasant, always caring, and also always very professional. She never gives up and tries everything to bring you back to good health. Very sympathetic also if your health issue is permament - and truly cares how you are feeling. We are very blest to have Dr. Hutchison as our family Doctor. We owe our good health to her and the Lord above - using her to deal with our health. Thank you Dr. Hutchison for being such a wonderful Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

Dr. Hutchinson is extremely proactive. She always takes the time to listen to what problems are being experienced and acts accordingly, whether to send you to have xrays/ultrasounds/scopes/ct scans etc. As a result,she basically saved my life!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

By far, the WORST doctor I've ever had. Vivian gave me pap smear at the walk-in clinic in Bracebridge and when I squealed and told her she was hurting me, she responded by TELLING ME "it doesn't hurt that much!!"...as if she feel whether or not I was hurting. She also perscribed me Yasmin birth control, and directed me to take it for three months on, one week off. When I said I was concerned with only getting my period once every three months, she interrupted me and told me it was actually better for your health. A year and a half later I actually got a family doctor who then told me that Yasmin is NOT a birth control in which you take that way; with this pill you should be doing three weeks on, one week off. Also, my mother was seeing her for a while in regards to her blood clots. When she tried to explain to Vivian what her symptoms and concerns were Vivian told her TO SHUT UP. I do not care how "rushed" you are as a doctor, LISTEN TO YOUR PATIENTS and STOP BEING A ****

flag | Submitted September 6, 2009

I feel that while Dr Hutchison is a very knowledgable doctor, since she has been in her Bracebridge location, her patients have suffered. I have waited for more than 2 hrs to see her with a scheduled appointment. I also have been told that she doesn't have time for that issue now as there is someone sick in the next room. She frequently apologized for her tardiness by blaming other doctors in the clinic for not showing up that day so she had to cover their patients as well as her own. I am now enjoying a new doctor who does NOT keep me waiting and has time for all of my questions.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

While I have no doubt that Dr. Hutchinson is a knowledgeable and skilled doctor, in my opinion she is extremely distracted and has never been able to concentrate on me for the length of any scheduled appointment. My last physical, she left the room 5 times, once leaving me on the exam table in the tiny sheet telling me to get dressed and in her distraction left the door wide open. She told me at the end of the appointment that she didn't have anymore time to deal with a follow-up item and that I'd have to make another appointment or to come in as a walk-in to deal with it. Really disappointing to leave a physical with questions and unresolved issues. I feel that in her rush she's compromising the care of her patients, and that the walk-in appointments are her priority.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008