Ratings for Dr. Stephen S. Matter

I have been a patient of Dr. Matter for almost 20 years. He is kind and cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable and actually LISTENS to your concerns. I would highly recommend him. His staff are efficient and professional; they get the job done and I've never experienced anything but politeness from them.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Went to this doctor because of prior experience with him from a couple endoscopes. He now has too many patients and his front office staff can't keep things straight at all! On the day of my appointment I was told I didn't have an appointment that day when my appointment card clearly said 2:15 P.M. On that day! I instantly got irritated due to the fact I drove quite a good way to follow up on my CT Scan he ordered! I was reassured I could still see the doctor, so I sat down. Needless to say I waited for two hours to see this doctor and still others were being called before myself. I got up and walked out! I will never go see this doctor again! Things are not handled in a professional way at all!! The nurse apologizes for rude actions and inconveniences. I think they need to rethink their staff and start cleaning them out!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

In Dec. 1998, Dr.Matter diagnosed my colon cancer after my primary doctor missed the signs for over two years. My primary doctor insisted it was menopause. I find him to be very knowledgeable and caring. I've trusted him for 13 yrs. with my care and I continue to be cancer free.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

This guy smiles but didn't act very knowledgeable or caring.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Stephen S. Matter's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in Normal, IL