Ratings for Dr. Norman Soo

As we all said, Cynthia is rude and doesn't pick up any calls but mainly because too many patients are calling her. If not she's just too impatient with her job. Yes, she is obnoxious but that's the way she is. If you just prefer Dr Soo's wife it would be much better and complain to her from there on really

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I'm the patient with Dr. Soo since 1999, he is very knowledgeable nice and care the patient. To be fair, I saw most the ppl complained about the attitude of the receptionist, but you can see her keeps answer the phone in the clinic, she's busy too. She always nice to me and my family members even other patients! Love the clinic!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

the reception is terrible, The worst receptionist I ever seen, very bad manner to patient, but Dr. Soo doesn't want to improve, I don't know the reason. I have changed my family doctor, both my new doctor and receptionist are very nice

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

The worst receptionist I ever seen, very bad manner to patient.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

the reception is terrible, but Dr. Soo doesn't want to improve, I don't know the reason

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I agree with the majority of the reviewers.The receptionist, Cynthia, is extremely rude! I always have trouble making appointments because she never picks up calls, and when she does she asks me what my medical condition is...(I thought that would be personal information to be shared with the doctor). The appointments are never on time -- the least time I've had to wait was half an hour. Dr. Soo is ok - he has the knowledge and experience but is a bit too sarcastic for my liking. There are probably better doctors out there, and I would likely search for another doctor so that I do not have to deal with this receptionist!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Soo has always been very kind to me. His wife has been kind to me as well. Unfortunately one day Cynthia asked me for my cell phone. I didn't think of it at the time because she is the secretary. It seemed normal. Unfortunately ever since then she has never picked up the phone when i called. I have been trying to make an appointment since September of 2015. I gave up in November since my birth control pills expired in October. Hence why I was trying to make an appointment in the first place. Recently i have been very concerned with my health. I have reaccuring lumps and I told my father. Cynthia did not pick up the phone when my father called as well so the next day he went to the clinic to make an appointment in person. Cynthia asked my dad why didn't he just call and my dad told her she never picks up our calls. She yelled at him and said "LOOK AT ALL THESE PATIENTS THAT I BOOKED." She did not make an appointment for us and turned my dad away telling him to tell me to call in for an appointment..... Time to find a new family doctor

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

The real issue of this clinic is the flawed medical practice of Norman Soo behind closed doors. This man is sarcastic, condescending and full of himself with no concern in patient care in any ways. This explains the low caliber of his receptionist. Causing harms, neglecting patients' suffering while making money out of their provincial medical insurance is outright unethical. "Make a habit of two things - to help or at least to do no harm" - he doesn't help and he causes harm. The title "MD" is not a prestige, rather a responsibility. It is a stink that this man is practicing medicine. Such disgrace!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Receptionist Cynthia is rude, avoids picking up the phone and unwilling to schedule appointments. Dr. Soo is full of himself, does not listen to your thoughts, and always rushes you out. He avoids doing physical examinations because they take too long and he does not make enough money from it.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

The receptionist Cynthia is rude and obnoxious, as most people have complained. She gossips and laughs with her favorite patients as if the clinic is a Sunday farmer marker. She would let her favorites to cut the line or squeeze in even other scheduled patients have been waiting for a long time. She has absolutely no phone manner and her English is awful. While sitting in the waiting room, I have heard numerous times that she slammed the phone, or barked loudly on the phone saying something like "Dr Soo doesn't want to see you. Don't come. Go to the walk in clinic" etc. Even worse, she would spell out the personal details of a patient when she spoke to another doctor's secretary. This obviously violates the privacy act and should be reported to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. The doc said that he needs this woman to run the clinic for him, so presumably he aware and approve her unprofessional and unethical behaviors.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015