Ratings for Dr. Chantal Daoust-Bernard

I had her as a Dr. Had being key word. I had gallstones and if you don't know what that it is it is compared to childbirth. An attack last about 8-10 hours long. I had 11 in 6 months. She had no care or concerns for anything. I finally went to the general and was seen immediately and left 2 hours later with a request for a surgeon. 2 days later a surgeon called. I told Dr Chantal Daouat Bernard I no longer wanted her as my Dr and a day after I got a call from the request from the general her office called me the next day with a referral for a surgeon. Took her 6 months and for me to have 11 attacks and took the general 2 hours. She is rude. Uncaring. And a terrible family Dr. She is better suited for a walk in. There fore she doesn't have to really care for anyone. She can be next....but a family Dr should never be that way. I'm so happy I don't ever have to see her again. She is miserable

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I saw her for 3 years. And for 3 years I complained that I was always feeling tired and had stopped getting my period at 29 yo. I went to see her numerous times to the point where her staff were rolling their eyes at me. I'm assuming that they thought I was a hypochondriac. She told me that my symptoms were due to stress and that I should exercise more to relieve my stress. One day I sat in her office and told her that I was not going anywhere until she did some test. I asked her for an ultrasound. Sure enough, something was wrong. She told be to come back in 2 weeks and she would discuss with a gyno. I went back to see her and she had no idea why I was back. then told me she didn't have time to consult the gyno. She gave me a medical book from the 80's and told be to read up on my own condition as she had other patients to see. Of course reading about the worst case scenario for my condition had me in tears. - I asked her to refer me to a specialist and never went back there again.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr D's Bernard is not friendly. Myself and my daughter's see her. Both my kids complain. She doesn't make you feel comfortable to talk to her. She rolls her eyes and treats you like your bothering her. I told her I no longer wanted her as my family Dr she was rude to me insulting and unprofessional. She doesn't care about her patients. She runs her practice like a walk in. She has no personality, and is a terrible Dr. For a family Dr. She should work in a walk in. I say hi to her at the start of my appointment and she doesn't even say hi. My daughter's and I all have this thing to see if she will say hi at the very least let alone how are you doing. Not once! She is rude unfriendly and makes you feel like you're bothering her. She seems miserable and hates her job or just people.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr D'Aoust-Bernard may seem brusque at first but as the patient opens up with the communication, her caring and concern come to the fore. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

elle est mon docteur depuis 25 ans, elle a pris mon frère et sa famille ainsi que mon mari et mes enfants, toujours disponible et prête à referrer aux specialists.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

OMG, I can't believe what I'm reading. I enjoy my visits with Chantal. She is very knowledgeable and caring. She has even laid on the floor in her office to show me how to do a back excercise properly. If she is not sure of something she will not hesitate to send you to a specialist. OK, she may not be in a great mood all the time but who is.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. D'Aoust-Bernard is a very effective doctor. Her bedside manners are not important as long as she takes care of my body, I can take care of my feelings. I am thankful that she has taken me as her patient. She has been professional and right on with all of my treatments to date.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I see a lot of bad reviews and I don't agree. Chantal is great! She is straight to the point, knows what she is doing. Yes she is a bit cold, but I don't blame her. She has been my doctor for almost 15 years now and always was helpful when needed

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

She is very rude and condescending. She was my grand-mother's doctor, and my grand-mother recommended her to my mother and I when our doctor died. My grand-mother was having stress issues since her husband had cancer, and D'aoust-Bernard treated her like she was crazy. She also gave my grand-mother pills that made her feel worse, and then refused to believe her when she told her so. As far as my mother and I go, she would never listen. Everytime I saw her she gave me medication that she had on-hand without checking me. I had to come back at least 15 times for the same condition. She eventually referred me to a couple different specialists, but the ENT was just as awful as her and would not let me get a word in (talked over me and didnt want to know my symptoms). Chantal believed I had chronic sinusitis, until I lended in the emergency and the doctor there said i had no such thing. To this day, I still do not know what I have, and I am waiting for a new doctor. My grand-mother and mother have already switched. On a side note, she once made a scene because I entered the building at the same time as she was calling for me. I was right on time for the appointment.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

She is a terrible doctor. She is rude, moody and does not listen. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015