Ratings for Dr. Heather Chisholm

Always on time, great service, good "bedside manner" willing to give multiple options. I would recommend Dr. Heather Chisholm to all my friends and family. Her staff have always been friendly and positive.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Did 2 crowns with root channels. Both blew up within 6 months. One resulted in a major infection and hospital surgical intervention to save jaw. Nice lady but bad work. A joke to dental profession. Leave Eagle Point and find a real dentist. Very high fees, low quality work. I have concerns with general inflectional control and equipment sterilization technique.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

I am extremely surprised to read some of the negative comments below. I broke a tooth and needed two crowns and a filling. My previous (out of town) dentist could not schedule me for more than 2 months. Eagle Point were able to accommodate me within a week and lived up to their claim of preparing a crown within hours. I found all the staff to be most professional and only too ready to share their knowledge. Yes, I did need to return to have a small spot of excess cement removed but that, in my experience, is something one can expect. Again, I was accommodated immediately and was not charged for the “repair”.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2017

Stay away people! Dr. Chisholm is very incompetent- can't even do a simple filling. I had to go back to get it redone, and when I got it checked by another dentist, he had to correct the overfill (food was getting trapped under the overfill). The worst is that she redid a crown (which is still questionable as to whether it needed replacing in the first place) and making the crown in house should have been my first clue. Crown did not fit correctly over the margins, so 7 months later a cavity was seen below the crown (which she did not address before) but now you can see my tooth as the crown does not cover the margin! Went back to her to give her an opportunity to redo this work properly but she said all was okay! Seriously! When I went to a new, competent dentist, he could not believe this. My insurance will not pay for another crown after only 7 months, so beware Nanaimo! If I could have given no stars I would have.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

will Destroy your perfectly good teeth so she can make more money from you beware if one of her crowns falls out shortly after she will charge you to recement it.she is scammer.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I had a very negative experience as a child, so as a result, dentists are my least favourite health care professionals. However, Dr. Chisholm has been my Dentist for 5.5 years & I am very pleased with her professionalism, calm manner, knowledge and punctuality. Joan is a thoroughly professional Hygienist, who carefully explains why and what she is doing. Fern & Jen, in administration, are friendly, knowledgeable & take the trouble to explain insurance parameters. The layout of the premises provides a welcoming space which does not have any of the "dental odours" of days gone by. This was something that turned me off attending another dental office in Nanaimo. October, 2016

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I was going away on business for two months, and sure enough broke a tooth two days before leaving. Her website said "24 hour crowns" and I was pretty well forced to give it a try. It was done, and feels like nothing ever happened to the old tooth. Perfect fit and function. So I went back for a cleaning and exam recently, and the service and treatment were excellent. NO UPSELL! That was the one thing that drove me away from my prior dentist. From a business owner's perspective, the business that pays is the business that stays, and I will be staying....

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Had great exerience at Eagle Point Dental. The staff is not unprofessional by any means and are very knowledgeable.Dr Chisholm does exceptional work and made me feel very comfortable.Like any other office they were a bit late taking me in but i know things come up in the chair that are not expected sometimes and didnt mind it was only about 10mins. Front office staff are very welcoming and friendly,will be recommending to anyone i know that needs a dentist! Thanks Again!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Chisholm is nice, Joan is excellent but the rest of the dental staff I found to be very unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I was not in her office but Dr. Heather Chisholm was the on call dr on a Saturday. after calling other dentist's for hours from my son's regular clinic I called hers. all emergency numbers by the way. left messages and even one dentist was the WRONG NUMBER! I called Dr. Heather Chisholm's office she called me back within 5 minutes. very helpful very kind at 9:30 at night on a Saturday when it was not as much of an emergency as I thought it was. Gave me great advice and if nothing else made me feel a little more at ease. if I lived in the same town I would swap clinics in a second. but all the major work my son has is in her clinic and It will stay that way.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014