Ratings for Dr. Heather Chisholm

will Destroy your perfectly good teeth so she can make more money from you beware if one of her crowns falls out shortly after she will charge you to recement it.she is scammer.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I had a very negative experience as a child, so as a result, dentists are my least favourite health care professionals. However, Dr. Chisholm has been my Dentist for 5.5 years & I am very pleased with her professionalism, calm manner, knowledge and punctuality. Joan is a thoroughly professional Hygienist, who carefully explains why and what she is doing. Fern & Jen, in administration, are friendly, knowledgeable & take the trouble to explain insurance parameters. The layout of the premises provides a welcoming space which does not have any of the "dental odours" of days gone by. This was something that turned me off attending another dental office in Nanaimo. October, 2016

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I was going away on business for two months, and sure enough broke a tooth two days before leaving. Her website said "24 hour crowns" and I was pretty well forced to give it a try. It was done, and feels like nothing ever happened to the old tooth. Perfect fit and function. So I went back for a cleaning and exam recently, and the service and treatment were excellent. NO UPSELL! That was the one thing that drove me away from my prior dentist. From a business owner's perspective, the business that pays is the business that stays, and I will be staying....

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Had great exerience at Eagle Point Dental. The staff is not unprofessional by any means and are very knowledgeable.Dr Chisholm does exceptional work and made me feel very comfortable.Like any other office they were a bit late taking me in but i know things come up in the chair that are not expected sometimes and didnt mind it was only about 10mins. Front office staff are very welcoming and friendly,will be recommending to anyone i know that needs a dentist! Thanks Again!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Chisholm is nice, Joan is excellent but the rest of the dental staff I found to be very unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

I was not in her office but Dr. Heather Chisholm was the on call dr on a Saturday. after calling other dentist's for hours from my son's regular clinic I called hers. all emergency numbers by the way. left messages and even one dentist was the WRONG NUMBER! I called Dr. Heather Chisholm's office she called me back within 5 minutes. very helpful very kind at 9:30 at night on a Saturday when it was not as much of an emergency as I thought it was. Gave me great advice and if nothing else made me feel a little more at ease. if I lived in the same town I would swap clinics in a second. but all the major work my son has is in her clinic and It will stay that way.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

A great dentist. Always helpful and knowledgeable. Makes you feel at ease even when you are nervous. Thank you to Heather and all her staff for great service over the years.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I went to Dr.Chisholm for dental work over the course of a yr. Cleaning and maintenance was all great. When it was discovered I needed a root canal. I had never had one before but agreed to it. Dr Heather Chisholm did it and I felt that it went well, little pain. As far as I knew, (not being a dental expert) my tooth was fixed. About 6 mths later I was eating a candy and my root canal seemed to crack and fall apart. Very upset because it had cost me over 1000.00. Called the office upset and explained the situation. They explained that I was supposed to have it crowned after. I was NEVER told this. So Made an appt to see Heather. She again said, well It should have been crowned after you get the root canal. I was like ok, and why didnt ANYONE let me know this. She denied that I was not informed of this. She did a "temporay fix", which lasted 2 mths. Then I ended up having to get it pulled as it was not fixable. Could of all been prevented if someone told me to come back and get crowned!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

I had my teeth cleaned by Joan and she did an excellent job. Unfortunately, I can not say same for Dr. Chisholm. I had 2 molars that needed to get capped. Lucky, my insurance said they would pay for 50%. The fist molar was capped successfully. The next molar was a different story. I had asked Heather before she capped the tooth if it was a "root canal" and she said, "Not a chance". After the operation my jaw and molar were incredibly sore for a week. I went back to Heather and she said the cap was probably too tall. I asked her again if it was a root canal and she said "No". A week after I was still in the same amount of pain so I went back and this time she admitted that it was in fact a root canal.(Seriously... and how did you miss that on the X-Ray??) After I had my root canal I was told there was no fee, but in 2 weeks received a bill for $350. My molar still hurts but I refuse to go back to Dr. Chisholm. She wasted my time and money and 4 months later and my molar still hurts!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

This is, by far, the best dental office in Nanaimo! Dr.Heather Chisholm has a very soft touch and uses her dental instruments as if she were conducting a fine orchestra. Joan, amazing at cleaning teeth! The best I ever had! On time, safe and sound, and great assistants everywhere in the office, thank goodness we found her! C and J

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013