Ratings for Dr. John M. Gayden

His father took care of my mother then when Dr. Gayden Sr. passed away Dr. Gayden Jr. assumed her care and saved her life. This was around the late '80's. She worked at the hospital; was walking around having a heart attack and he talked her into getting to the emergency room. He also took care of my brother. I am so sorry to hear of his legal problems and the death of his son. Here is hoping for better times ahead for John Gayden Jr.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

flag | Submitted March 6, 2012

There is so much I can say about this doctor. My husband is a former patient and Dr. Gayden treated him for ADHD, he prescribed Adderral 60mg. For an adult with ADHD the dose should only go to 20mg. This was an extreme overdose that resulted in erratic behavior, basically it was like taking crack. Also, prescribed painkillers and Xanax which my husband became addicted to. Let me say it took him years to recover and get off of these medicines which should not have been prescribed to begin with. My husband now has a heart condition which could be directly caused by his prescibing too much Adderral, or caused by him detoxing from the rest of the drugs. Before his son died, my husband said he was a very good and caring Dr., However when we used to go, he made me feel very uncomfortable. This was before knowing anything about him. The staff was unprofessional, and the wait, We would wait hours. I really regret my husband going to this man, it just caused us so much greif and problems.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Here's the deal...I am a pharmacist, and if you come in with a script for oxycodone from Dr. Gayden for oxycodone, I will laugh at you!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

I was more than happy to see Dr. Gayden! He not only treated me with respect but he LISTENED. I have seen the papers,local media coverage AND read all of the CRAP people have said about him but I would have to argue that he did not come across to me the way others have experienced. After losing my insurance and having an accident I visited Dr. Gayden upon my gorlfriends request. I was pleasantly shocked and suprised to see how professional his office and staff treated me, not to mention the fact that he was on TIME and I didn't have to wait 2 hrs to see him. I don't know what all the fuss is about, so he has a thing for younger women? He didn't kill his wife w/a hammer like Dr. Truitt, nor did he do anything any other DR. would do in his position...he just got caught. Get over it! He is a good man w/a good staff who has been treated unfairly by this community. I could name names but I will refrain. My experience was excellent!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

I'm a new patient of Dr Gayden (less than six months). He has always been respectful, listened and showed real concern. I have many serious health issues and he is extremely on the ball when coming to the root of the problems. I think some accusations seem unfair here. I have witnessed first hand the staff discharge someone who was after a pain script - probably after reading a website like this and thinking that's what he does. That's clearly not the case now if it ever was. And to clarify the person in the office who was discharged spoke up loudly about his dissatisfaction and the staff seemed careful to not disclose his medical info publically (tho the patient didn't seem to mind telling all) In summary I would recommend dr Gayden . My only complaint is they removed the comfy couches in the waiting room and the new chairs hurt my back.. Lol but a waiting room I'd NO reason to slam a dr! C'mon people get a grip!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

Police said John Matthew Gayden Jr., 55, was giving the 16-year-old a ride home from a friend's house when he was pulled over and the drugs were discovered in the purse. According to a Brevard County sheriff's report, a deputy saw Gayden driving a Volkswagen on Aurora Road in Melbourne at about 2 a.m. Wednesday without its headlights or taillights turned on. The vehicle made several irregular stops in the roadway then turned on Bruman Terrace where it was stopped, said the report, which was obtained by Local 6 News partner Florida Today.Gayden faces numerous charges, including 31 misdemeanor counts of drug possession, and one misdemeanor count each of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, possession of more than one valid driver's license and keeping a vehicle resorted to by persons using controlled substances and attempt to promote sexual performance by a child.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

So to comment on how Dr. Gayden is "doctor" wise would be useless beacuse i've never gone to Dr. Gayden nor would I ever. Those of you who are saying he's a good doctor that may be true, but he's a horrible person and should be sent to jail for life. Dr. Gayden is a "pimp" and can say this allegedly for I know a girl who is sleeping with him, among many other girls. She's addicted to pills that he gives her and gives them to her in exchange for sexual favors. She isn't a minor so its not "rape" but some of the girls are under age but regardless this man is disgusting and should have his license taken away immediately. Too bad the man is too loaded he can bail himself out of jail. It's not right and needs to stop. It grosses me out to no end and to think people still go to him for medical help is beyond me.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

I worked for this doctor in the past for about 3-4 months. I knew that something there wasn't right. He prescribed all sorts of controlled substances. I couldn't believe it. I'm so glad I quit before he started going way down hill.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

Let me tell you about this Doctor. He has been arrested twice in the past few months for distribution of drugs, prostition with a minor, child abuse, etc. etc. He prescribed drugs which killed his own son! He had his big mansion on the beach reposessed. Prior to this, he was running a pain management company out of his house and he had all kinds of kids and young people going to his house at all hours of the night. After his house was reposessed, the new owners found cameras in the walls where sheetrock was taken out and replaced. His wife finally got tired of his crap and left him a few years ago. Dr Gayden is bad news! He is just a licensed drug dealer! If you don't believe me look him up under the Brevard County Clerk of Courts web site. I guess the only reason you would go to him is if you are hooked on drugs and need some oxycotin.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009