Ratings for Dr. David F. Echevarria

I had Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy performed by Dr Echevarria. The surgery experience felt like a “patient conveyor belt”. The doctor stopped by before the surgery to obtain signature for the procedure and so did anesthesiologist, that was extent of their communications before the procedure. I asked the doctor and the nurse to reach out to my husband when the procedure is done to inform him on how everything went. My husband never received a single call from anybody. The doctor did not bother to stop by after the procedure and talk to me too. I asked the nurse that was discharging me to see him, she said he was unavailable. My surgery follow up appointment was with nurse practitioner since the doctor was on vacation. The day before, my appointment got pushed back. The day of, I received a call that my appointment is cancelled. I called and asked to reschedule with a different doctor and was told that no one is available. So here I am, the week after the surgery, still don’t know what was done, how things went, and apparently there is no one available for at least another week to see me. I do not think I can describe my anger using appropriate words. I never leave negative feedback even when I am very upset, but I feel obligated in this case. Do yourself a favor and go to a different doctor or better – to a different group of doctors that will treat you like a human being and not like a case they can make money on.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Best gallbladder surgeon you can get. He took my gallbladder out and did an ERCP while I was still knocked out. I'm glad he did, as it revealed a rogue gallstone in my pancreas. He was able to take care of my bad gallbladder and the loose stone at the same time. (Only problem being that I had no idea why I had 6 incisions in my stomach when I woke up!) Anyway, if you have to get your gallbladder out, he's the guy you want at the operating table.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Dr. David F. Echevarria's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)