Dr. Blair S. Lewis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Blair S. Lewis

Dr Blair Lewis is the best and I had a totally positive and painless colonoscopy experiece yesterday at Carnegie Endoscopy. This facility is spotless and the staff is excellent and helpful in every way. Dr Lewis has a sense of humor that puts you quickly at ease. I'm sending my kids and recommending him highly to everyone!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Blair Lewis is an excellent doctor with very nice bedside manner and a great sense of humor. I felt wonderful and comfortable with him & his staff the moment I walked through his office door and had my gastro consultation. Dr. Lewis did a thorough evaluation and all of my questions were answered. During my preparation for colonoscopy which happened to be on the weekend, I had questions for Dr. Lewis. I called his answering service and he responded very quickly, was very polite and answered all my questions. I had my colonoscopy scheduled with Dr. Blair Lewis on 01/12/2015 and he did an excellent job. Dr. Lewis is a top notch doctor, who is very professional, knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Lewis used Fuse which is a revolutionizing colonoscopy that provides a panoramic 330 degree view of the colon, almost double the view of traditional colonoscopes. I have to say from entering the Carnegie Hill Endoscopy facility which was spotless, until I left, it is the most professionally run medical facility I have ever encountered, I felt like I was being treated like a royalty. The staff is wonderful. The waiting area had patients and escorts spread out. I was called in at precisely my scheduled time. All my questions were answered by Dr. Lewis, nurse and anesthesiologist and then I was taken to colonoscopy suite where I had my colonoscopy procedure. I was a little nervous but the staff put me completely at ease. I knew I was in good hands. Next thing I recall was awaking in the recovery room where I was offered crackers and juice and within 10-20 minutes I was meeting with Dr. Lewis in the conference to discuss his findings. I have an excellent experience with Dr. Blair Lewis and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Blair Lewis. He is an excellent doctor, very professional, knowledgeable, and caring. -BorisK

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I am under the care of this wonderful, terrific, warm, kind and understanding doctor for 20 years. I have nothing but kind comments to make. Not only is he one of the most knowledgeable physicians, but he is also one of the most truthful and caring doctors I have come in contact with.WheneverI call his office for advice or questions,he is NEVER too busy to call back that same day. I moved to Florida 2 years ago and went to another Gastro doctor for my colonoscopy and was very disappointed in everything that was done and what I was told. It was a disastrous experience.When I visited Dr. Lewis in NY,I was able to throw out the medicine given to me. I followed his knowledgeable advice and am fine.I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He does my colonoscopy and endoscopy. He is top notch and is with an excellent hopital in Manhattan and was voted one of New York's top doctors in his field.His personality matches his expertise.He is a 10 plus.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

Dr. Lewis has a horrible attitude and is down right rude. I am a Crohn's patient that was referred to him by my primary GI doctor and it seems he simply wasn't interested in working with me. He lied about having received test results and then backtracked. He made decisions based on incomplete information. He made snarky comments about my primary GI's treatment of my case. I would not go back to this Dr. nor do I recommend anyone go to him. He is a specialist in his field and performs procedures that very few others perfrom but I would look long and hard for another Dr. who might perform the same procedures before going to Dr. Lewis.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007

Dr. Blair S. Lewis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Blair Lewis is an expert in field of gastrointestinal endoscopy, specializing in colonoscopy and polypectomy, capsule endoscopy and internal bleeding. He is a frequent recipient of the Best Doctor and Super Doctor Awards in New York City as well as the Patient Choice Award and is listed as one the best 75 gastroenterologists in the USA. He is a board-certified gastroenterologist in private practice in New York City. Dr. Lewis graduated Dartmouth College and attended Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center and his fellowship in Gastroenterology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and one of the Medical Directors of Carnegie Hill Endoscopy, an ambulatory endoscopy center he founded. He is past president of the New York Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the New York Academy of Gastroenterology. He served on the Board of Governors of the American College of Gastroenterology for 6 years. Dr. Lewis has written over 88 scientific papers and 32 chapters and he has authored 4 books; all in the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy. He was the primary investigator for the first clinical trial of capsule endoscopy for the small intestine and was also the primary investigator for the first clinical trial for the colon capsule. Dr. Lewis also serves on the Board of AliveAndKickn.org, a charitable organization dedicated to increase awareness and prevention of colorectal cancer and increase early detection through screening and genetic testing. In addition, he launched a charity program at Carnegie Hill Endoscopy providing free care to the uninsured. The program has been adopted by NY DOH and is now called the Community Cares Project.

• English

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal