Ratings for Dr. Henson Po

Great staff. Dr Po could try a little harder to get to know his patients. Overall pretty good work. His staff is what makes it a pleasant place to be.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

i agree with the last comment, i now believe this doctor office is: Grab your money, and give me false promises. I had a bad experience with dentist, Dr. Henson Po. His mistakes made me lose all my upper teeth and now, I have to wear dentures for the rest of my life.I would not recommend anyone to have him for his or her dentist. His office manager is also trained by Dr.Po to lineup work for him to keep him busy.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

In short? Four years of braces (had to restart mid-way when he took them off and left them for six months and they reverted back to where they were), moved my teeth faster than any of us expected in the beginning which caused my gums to recede, told me I needed expensive and painful skin grafting on those gums (I was later told by one of the nurses that it wasn't necessary), messed up on my braces almost every appointment, billed me for a cleaning that I was not expecting that day and was told would be free whether my dad's insurance covered it or not, chipped a tooth while removing my braces, insisted I didn't take medication before cleanings (I have heart murmur), gave me a retainer to put in my mouth that had been soaking in hydrogen peroxide without so much as rinsing it off first... I can go on and on. Three years after leaving I only have bad memories of this place - particularly the manager who was extremely emotionally (and in one case physically) abusive to me when she saw that I had written another negative review online. At the time she was responding to reviews under the name "Rose". I know this because any comment made by this user on the page was in defense of Dr Po's practices and this person knew and wrote an awful lot about his work and personal life... Please go elsewhere, any dentist's office is better than this one.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Was a patient of Dr. Po for 8 years as a child/teenager. He rarely ever said a word to me or addressed that I even existed laying in the chair while he poked and prodded in my mouth. I have read other people try to rate his people skills on here, but he simply has none. Simply not Human. The Dentist is one of the most feared places, and this guy does nothing to change that He tried 5+ times to attach veneers to 2 teeth that needed them and they continually fell off from eating things like soft rice or bread. I finally gave up trying to get them attached. As an adult I went and found my own dentist after reading reviews on here. I had those 2 teeth repaired and they stayed on the first time no problem, going on 5 years now. If you are considering going to this Dentist, just go somewhere else. There is a good office in the same complex next to the Shoppers Drug Mart.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Po since 2002, and I have never had any issues with him or his staff. Teeth cleaning, root canal work, tooth extraction, wisdom tooth extraction, they have all gone fine. And believe me, I have a fear of dentists!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

The staff is very kind to me. Dr.Po is quite but honest to tell me what I need to do. I have a great experience there.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

As one of the people stated above, everytime I've gone to Dr. Po I felt I was being upsold(Crown here, bridge there etc.) His dental work is sub-optimal, and everytime I've had to get something done the results were worse than my teeth were prior. Needless to say, he will no longer be receiving my business. He is the exact reason I don't trust dentists and despise going to them.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Dr Po is quiet but polite and was very good with a needle. I would recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Had a dental emergency when my regular dentist was on holiday. The tooth was crowned by dr. po. 2 years later and the crown is leaking and needs to be replaced. Insurance will not cover as the tooth was crowned less than 5 years ago. I have many crowns and all have lasted min of 10 years. Beyond the shoddy dental work, Dr. Po's bedside manner was severely lacking. He insisted on working on my teeth without sufficient freezing..choosing to rush the job rather than provide me with additional freezing.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013