Ratings for Dr. Philip E. Wong

When you see a low punctuality rating, it usually means the doctor is late because of spending too much time with each patient! This is not a bad thing as I have been going to Dr. Wong for 20 years since I was a little girl and he has taught me patience and care. He is a great listener, and always follows up on previous appointments. He likes to take his time to address everything and never rushes me. His advise is definitely a bit out of the box for me sometimes, but he makes me think in a different way. Strangely, after suffering from depression for many years and Dr. Wong prescribing several different pills to help me, his words are what sort of cured me. I've been on zero meds for several years now and only see him occasionally every couple years. I actually just go to see him for his words rather than prescriptions, but he'll always spend plenty of time with me making sure I feel okay before leaving. taking hours (full day really) to travel to Toronto to see him is worth it :)

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr Wong is one of the best GP out there. My wife and I have been with him for over 15 years since we moved to Toronto. We couldn't imagine seeing another GP. He is always professional and friendly. He is very knowledgeable and takes the necessary time to explain you the issues at hands. Dr Wong will not hesitate for an instant to refer you to a specialist if need be. In addition, when necessary he calls you at home and your pharmacy to make treatment available even before your next visit. He is genuinely concerned both medically and personally about you.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Amazing doctor - always makes time for my various concerns and remembers to follow up on previous ones. Explains medical issues in a way non-medical people can understand. He is so great!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

The best!!! I'm 65 and have had many GP's over the years and he truly has been THE BEST of them all!!! He cares, listens well and takes the time to explain what I'm there for or any concerns I have. Yes he's usually behind but I'd rather wait for a doctor that takes the time with each patient necessary, then see one on time who gave me a 10 min. yearly physical and then told me I'd have to book another appointment to discuss any of my concerns, but only one concern per appointment. Many friends and family see Dr. Wong and we ALL feel the same!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Wong has been my family doctor since he first became a doctor. This goes back to 1979. 34 years later .. what can I say? Yes he is not on time but so what? Is the advice and the diagnosis not worth the time? I know I can call him any time and that my call will be returned the same day. I will never forget Christmas eve back in 2010 ... I had been very worried as some of the tests for my annual check-up were not clear ... more tests were done and there was the call that came from Dr. Wong who called me Xmas eve just before leaving the office to tell me all was ok ... even though I had an appointment to see him early January. He cared enough to call me to make sure I did not worry over the holidays ... a wonderful doctor and a very good listener ... how may times he took the time to listen to me ... May he practice for a long, long time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I have been going to Doctor Wong my entire life. I am now 26 years old. My children have also been going to him since they were born. He is very rarely on time (although I have had some miracles where I am in and out quickly). But he is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. I have gone to a lot of walk-ins over the years and he has always come out on top. I have never gotten bad advice from him. He is always there to answer question if you call, and spends his lunch/weekends calling patients back. What more could you ask for? He cares about his patients. I am sad that he is going to retire one day and I won't have him as doctor. I moved about 4 years ago and make an hour drive to see him, but it is worth it!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

I just recently started seeing Dr.Wong. So far so good - he is very helpful and thorough BUT he is always extremely late. For a 9:50am appointment I was not even seen by him until 11:10am! The first appointment I had with him I waited 1.5 hours with 2 small kids :(

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Stress is the cause of certain mental and physical ailments. When Dr. Wong spends his entire lunch time trying to help a patient with stess factors is he or isn't he practicing preventitive medicine? Let's be realistic. He is not a naturopath, however, at the carrot common one could find a list of natural medicine practitioners and yes we do need to come to terms with our mortality!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

Excellent doctor. Thorough and professional.Very caring and careful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

Dr. Philip E. Wong's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1977)