Ratings for Dr. Alan D. Gorang

What happened to one of the best doctors in Utah? Please come back.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Does anyone know what was wrong with Dr. Gorang and if he will be able to practice again?

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Why did he stop practicing? Hope it's to play golf in Hawaii

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Gorang has been our Dr since the late 1980's. We miss him and wish him well. Still trying to find another Dr and feel we are getting close. Still, there is no one close to his ability and report!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Me and my family misses Dr. Gorang. He was a great person, and always available to us. I hope he is okay....

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gorang for 30 years. He is an absolutely amazing Dr. and human being. All 5 of my children have grown up with him as their primary care physician. We really miss him and wish him the best. I am currently on my third Dr. after Dr. Gorang closed his practice and have yet to find anyone remotely as knowledgeable and compassionate as him. He always had a great staff too.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Raised a family of 5 boys. Doctor Gorang was just starting his practice and his care covered almost 30 years of impeccable service. He always treated us with the upmost courtesy and humility. What a privilege and blessing it has been to have enjoyed his service and wonderful friendship. Thank you for all of your efforts, we miss you!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Gorang has been the most knowledgeable, skillful and caring physician I have seen. I am not one to accept less than very good careand I have decided to consolidate all my care with him so I no longer see several specialist for dermatology, etc. as he keeps up with the latest research and knowledge in general medicine and provides excellent care for all my needs. I trust that he refers me to a specialist when that is indicated.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

In all honesty, Dr. Gorang proved to be a doctor who has some problems in how he treats his patients. I saw him last month (Aug) for a follow up due to having had problems with my BP and had to go to the ER. I also was having some emotional issues and talked with the hospital's Social Worker. When Dr. Gorang came into the exam room (and my husband was with me) Dr. Gorang asked me if I was still taking my anti-depressant and I told him, "No" I don't like how they make me feel and I am not going to take them. Then he asked if I had seen the counselor that the hospital had suggested and again I told him, "no" for I had a counselor I had seen before and went to him. At that point, Dr. Gorang became angry and walked out of the exam room and never returned. With that I left, crying and had my husband stay to get my records. I would NEVER recommend Dr Gorang to anyone and found his behavior unprofessional. A patient has the right to say no and not be forced to take meds they feel are wrong.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Gorang for many years and he is by far the best doctor I have been to. He is very knowledgeable, offers appropriate reading/journal material to ensure a proper diagnosis, and he is careful about prescription use. I have recommended him to close friends and will continue to do so. I have been pleased with the results I have received for my family and me every time. Great physician.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

Dr. Alan D. Gorang's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Workers Comp