Ratings for Dr. Lydia Chen

Steer well clear of her. She was extremely rude to me. I've haven't been spoken to like me since I was a child and I was 63 when I was referred to her. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Chen talks over you - won't let you get a word in edgewise - repetitive and not a listener - how can she judge your problem if she doesn't give you a chance to give anything but minimal information?

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I have a very bad family eye history and was referred to see her. She is very thorough and patient in explaining to me everything. Her professionalism put me at ease. I'm so glad I got her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

She told me one thing at first time and second thing at second time. I asked her to clarified but she got upset , I think she was confusing herself.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Chen is very professional. She is thorough, personable and her explanations are to the point. I am so thankful that she is my is my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Chen is professional, caring and an excellent doctor. She takes time to explain procedures, the results of tests and to address concerns and questions. I feel fortunate to have her as my ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

This woman acts like the patient is annoying her by being there. She tells you one thing at the first appointment, then tells you the opposite at the next. When you ask a question, she doesn't give you an answer, she tells you she is doing you a favor by seeing you. She scheduled me for three appointments and did the same thing at each one. When I asked about the things she didn't check (which I had made the appintment for) she told me it wasn't necessary, even though I had a history.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

I have been under Dr. Chen's care for several years. Dr. Chen's examinations are highly thorough, her explanations are factual and lucid. Dr. Chen is up to date in her field, she provides highly competent care.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

I found Dr Chen to be very professional and informative.She was prompt and gave me both written and verbal results.I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Dr. Chen is personable and takes time to listen and explain what's what. I wish more doctors were like her. I've been to a few (especially walk-ins) who would see me for one minute and reach for the prescription pad and scribble medications without even bothering to listen and examine you closely.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011