Ratings for Dr. William El Masri

He is a good doctor. Diagnosed a light dizziness condition I had with an inner ear pressure issue. He takes time to answer your questions and is thorough with explaining the results. Punctuality could be better. Sometimes I waited 40 minutes over my scheduled time but never 2 hours. In all I recommend him. His staff were professional and I never really experienced any issues with them. Not easy working with a lot of old and impatient people.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Terrible experience and very rude and arrogant doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

He's a very good doctor and very nice to my family

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Do not see this Doctor, like other patients mentioned, he is money hungry. I was referred to him by my family doctor several years ago; he told me I had a deviated septum and required surgury, I waited almost a year for the surgury date. Immediately after surgury, absolutely nothing changed in my symptom. I went for follow up with him; he told me I needed surgury.. I didnt trust him and lived with my symptoms until recently, when I had fluid in my ear: again family doctor refered me to him, reluctantly I went to see him, had a CT scan done and no follow up calls, it took me 3 weeks to speak with someone. Wait times are a minimum 2 hours. Get a second opinionbefore any surgury. Receptionist is rude. Voice mail is always full. It's my fault I came to see him again; I switched family doctors as a result.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. El Masri saved my life and worked with me to get through the darkest year of my life. I cannot thank him enough. A extremely large growth on my thyroid was making things such as drinking , sleeping and breathing very difficult...living with a phobia of doctors and anything hospital related didn't help, but I was forced to deal with this. He was understanding as worked to process a lot of mental "stuff" in a very short timeframe before surgery. He did what he could to minimize the hospital stay post-op - which I extremely appreciated. In the end, everything turned out fine. My scar is hardly visible and I don't have to see him anymore! Yes - his wait times are very, very, very long. But when you're going from not being able to drink, sleep or breathe without gagging/gasping for air to being normal...I tend not to mind the wait and enjoy a couple of nice deep breaths while waiting for him to arrive.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Don't go to this doctor for anything. He is not good at what he does.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Waited 2 hrs to see him (even though I had an appointment). He was kind enough and I was satisfied with his recommendation EXCEPT he advised I would be charged if my lump was benign (as OHIP would consider it cosmetic). I had read reviews he was money hungry so I sought a 2nd opinion. I went to a Dr in a hospital. With the initial consultation and surgery, i was in and out in an hour.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Brilliant doctor but I question the time of calling back there patient for test result or follow up. Dr.masri is one of the best of what he does but the calling in and never able to speak with the receptionist or the voice mail being full is in question but he is one of the best in his feild with our contest.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

My experience was that his office, bed side manner and overall knowledge was better than most. I'm not a frequent user of doctors in general but I'm very aware of the costs/fees and he did exactly what was best for me and my tax dollars. I'm senior level accountant so take that for what it's worth. I think all receptionist/admins could be better at customer service but there are so many chronic whiners that abuse this free service (tax payer provided) I'm not surprised they r all a bit short with instructions.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I visited Dr. El Masri a month ago for a sinus infection. He proceeded to send me for multiple tests that I did not need (and that had nothing to do with my chief complaint), including a hearing test and a biopsy of my thyroid. Everything was negative, obviously, but since that biopsy, I have developed severe shooting pain at the base of my neck from where the biopsy was obtained, and that pain radiates up to my jaw and causes me migraines. Long story short, Dr. El Masri made a lot of money by subjecting me to an unnecessary and risky procedure, and I came out of it with more complications, when all I had was a simple sinus infection. Ridiculous. Eventually, my sinus infection was simply cured by an antibiotic, but now I still have these pains. Now I'm praying to God that this man suffers the same pain that I'm suffering every day now.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016