Ratings for Dr. William El Masri

Back in 2010 I was diagnosed with acute cellulitis of the throat. I spent a month between two hospitals, being pumped with saline and steroids to keep me alert.... my mother fought to get me an appointment with Dr. El Masri after having been failed by numerous doctors in North York General, Sick kids and specialists (supposedly some of the best specialists in Toronto). Dr. El Masri was the only source of hope for my mother, who was in pieces, thinking I would die of this infection. He was calm and clear and on the first-go prescribed an antibiotic which saved my life, along with scheduling a surgery with him to remove my tonsils ASAP. I'm not sure if I'd be alive without him but to me, and my family, he is an angel. Thank you again William, I've been meaning to write this for a long time.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Very rude man, based on my thyroid ultrasound results before biopsy was done he told me that I have thyroid cancer which I do not have. He got me so worry and stressed for no reason .

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Absolutely terrible experience. He books patients in 5 minute increments so he is ALWAYS running late. I waited almost 3 hours for my appointment, and was seen for a total of 3 minutes. I left without a diagnosis, feeling completely disappointed in the whole experience. He is a nice and knowledgeable doctor, but booking in 5 minute increments just to pack in as many patients as possible is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Never go to him. Waited almost 3 hours standing in the hallway as the waiting room was full. So inconsiderate. He was useless and didn't help what so ever. Every one who walked out looked unsattisfied.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

An accident sent me to the Emergency. One of the issues was a badly broken nose that looked awful and gave me breathing problems. The hospital booked me an appointment with Dr. El Masri. I’ll start by saying I'll never forget how incredibly cared for I felt from the first visit to the follow up after the much needed surgery. With a broken nose the surgeon tells you when he will be at the hospital and you go and you wait. If there are no surgeries ahead of you more serious than a broken nose you get to have your nose surgically repaired that day. Dr. El Masri was always aware I was waiting for surgery and got me in as soon as he could. Even when it got late and looked like I might have to wait another day he found a window of time and pulled strings in the OR to get me in. In his hands the surgery went incredibly well. All I wanted was my old nose back. What I got was way better. Perfectly straight and symmetrical and looked like it had never been broken. Most importantly I could breathe again. I couldn’t have been more pleased with the outcome of the surgery or how personable and understanding Dr. El Masri is. It is even more impressive when a surgeon in demand as much as he is remembers your name and all the details of your prior appointments by memory. Dr. William El Masri changed my life for the better and for that I could never thank him enough!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Other than waiting over an hour to see the doctor, my experience was a positive one. This doctor is knowledgeable. He took time to explain what was going on for my situation and used examples to help describe the medical problem. He also wanted to make sure and confirm things by having me do other unscheduled tests in the office. I can see how this may have delayed other patients' appointment, however this shows how thorough this doctor is.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

He operated me 3 times for a nasal problems without any success. He charged me $4000 to supposedly do a rhinoplasty while he made me lie to the hospital saying I had broken my nose. He left the nasal tampons inside my nose for 3 weeks while they should have been left for a week. I went overseas to correct my nose and had my 4th surgery. He is just a horrible doctor and I am going to report him for charging me as well as charging ohip.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Received a referral to him following months of chronic sinus infections. 7 months after my referral I had a sinus surgery. This is when it all went downhill. Following my surgery I received NO post-op instructions/care from him. I didn't even know I had stitches in my nose until 3 weeks later it fell out. When I was seen for follow-up one week post-op, his resident saw me, asked me how I was and proceeded to tell him about my bleeding (even with packings) and he said that was serious and should have been noted. I had no idea for a week that this was "Severe". I kept having sinus infections and saw him twice more for follow-up. He always gave me a prescription for anitbiotics but would never explain to me why this is still a problem. I'm a nurse, so I was pissed off! 2 years later, I still have sinus problems (more since surgery) and have been referred to a new ENT. I do not recommend this dr unless you want more problems after surgery, then when you started.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Zero complaints on his knowledge, bedside manner or surgical abilities. But group booking his appointments (I kid you not my first visit was at 10 am when the office opened and there was 14 other patients waiting to see him at the same time slot,,,, on my second visit my hubby and I signed in, walked down the street, had dinner and returned to still have a place in line unmissed and waited another hour!! The staff is grumpy and rude, who would be as they are always dealing with angry patients). But his operating skills were stellar for my rhinoplasty and getting a tube placed in my collapsed sinus was successful. Would not have him as my regular ent as the drive from Burlington to his overbooked time slots would not be realistic. He came as a referral from friends on the Toronto Maple Leaf medical team as he is (or was, unsure now as this was 1 yr ago) the emergency surgeon for the hockey team.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I don't know where everyone else has been going but I had a great experience. From check in until leaving was less than an hour. The staff were professional, polite, and caring. Dr. El Masri was the same plus jovial. I'm not a staff member but rather a woman with tonsil trouble.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015