You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William El Masri

An accident sent me to the Emergency. One of the issues was a badly broken nose that looked awful and gave me breathing problems. The hospital booked me an appointment with Dr. El Masri. I’ll start by saying I'll never forget how incredibly cared for I felt from the first visit to the follow up after the much needed surgery. With a broken nose the surgeon tells you when he will be at the hospital and you go and you wait. If there are no surgeries ahead of you more serious than a broken nose you get to have your nose surgically repaired that day. Dr. El Masri was always aware I was waiting for surgery and got me in as soon as he could. Even when it got late and looked like I might have to wait another day he found a window of time and pulled strings in the OR to get me in. In his hands the surgery went incredibly well. All I wanted was my old nose back. What I got was way better. Perfectly straight and symmetrical and looked like it had never been broken. Most importantly I could breathe again. I couldn’t have been more pleased with the outcome of the surgery or how personable and understanding Dr. El Masri is. It is even more impressive when a surgeon in demand as much as he is remembers your name and all the details of your prior appointments by memory. Dr. William El Masri changed my life for the better and for that I could never thank him enough!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Other than waiting over an hour to see the doctor, my experience was a positive one. This doctor is knowledgeable. He took time to explain what was going on for my situation and used examples to help describe the medical problem. He also wanted to make sure and confirm things by having me do other unscheduled tests in the office. I can see how this may have delayed other patients' appointment, however this shows how thorough this doctor is.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

He operated me 3 times for a nasal problems without any success. He charged me $4000 to supposedly do a rhinoplasty while he made me lie to the hospital saying I had broken my nose. He left the nasal tampons inside my nose for 3 weeks while they should have been left for a week. I went overseas to correct my nose and had my 4th surgery. He is just a horrible doctor and I am going to report him for charging me as well as charging ohip.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Received a referral to him following months of chronic sinus infections. 7 months after my referral I had a sinus surgery. This is when it all went downhill. Following my surgery I received NO post-op instructions/care from him. I didn't even know I had stitches in my nose until 3 weeks later it fell out. When I was seen for follow-up one week post-op, his resident saw me, asked me how I was and proceeded to tell him about my bleeding (even with packings) and he said that was serious and should have been noted. I had no idea for a week that this was "Severe". I kept having sinus infections and saw him twice more for follow-up. He always gave me a prescription for anitbiotics but would never explain to me why this is still a problem. I'm a nurse, so I was pissed off! 2 years later, I still have sinus problems (more since surgery) and have been referred to a new ENT. I do not recommend this dr unless you want more problems after surgery, then when you started.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Zero complaints on his knowledge, bedside manner or surgical abilities. But group booking his appointments (I kid you not my first visit was at 10 am when the office opened and there was 14 other patients waiting to see him at the same time slot,,,, on my second visit my hubby and I signed in, walked down the street, had dinner and returned to still have a place in line unmissed and waited another hour!! The staff is grumpy and rude, who would be as they are always dealing with angry patients). But his operating skills were stellar for my rhinoplasty and getting a tube placed in my collapsed sinus was successful. Would not have him as my regular ent as the drive from Burlington to his overbooked time slots would not be realistic. He came as a referral from friends on the Toronto Maple Leaf medical team as he is (or was, unsure now as this was 1 yr ago) the emergency surgeon for the hockey team.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

I don't know where everyone else has been going but I had a great experience. From check in until leaving was less than an hour. The staff were professional, polite, and caring. Dr. El Masri was the same plus jovial. I'm not a staff member but rather a woman with tonsil trouble.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Three hour wait to initially see him. Showed up to my appointment for a biopsy two months later and was told that the good doctor was on vacation! I've taken a day off work, paid $20 for parking just to find out he's on vacation!?! I will not be going to my rebooked appointment. This doctor is a complete joke.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I read the comments posted here before meeting with Dr El Masri however wanted to give him a chance. Most comments related to his office staff and punctuality which is not important. I'm want a doctor who is qualified and will provide the best medical care. I recently had a thyroidectomy by Dr El Masri. He was an incredible doctor, he was caring, thorough and answered all of my endless questions, giving me great peace of mind. There is a wait when you see him, however the post op appointment is at a clinic and everyone has the same appointment time, just be patient and wait. I would highly recommend this doctor for any issues with the thyroid.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. El Masri was very kind and actually communicating nicely with my daughter. He seemed to know what he's doing, knowledgeable and confident. Staff are not rude as in some comments, however we haven't tried calling to reschedule, so I can't comment about that.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Be prepared to wait about 3 hours past your appointment time. He over books everyday because his main concern is billing OHIP as much as he can....! Your time is of no concern to him. And neither is your expired parking meter. He moves you through like cattle when he finally gets to you. Stay away from this guy.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. William El Masri's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "An accident sent me to the Emergency. One of the issues was a badly broken nose that looked awful and gave me breathing problems. The hospital booked me an a..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Other than waiting over an hour to see the doctor, my experience was a positive one. This doctor is knowledgeable. He took time to explain what was going on for..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He operated me 3 times for a nasal problems without any success. He charged me $4000 to supposedly do a rhinoplasty while he made me lie to the hospital saying..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Received a referral to him following months of chronic sinus infections. 7 months after my referral I had a sinus surgery. This is when it all went downhill. ..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Zero complaints on his knowledge, bedside manner or surgical abilities. But group booking his appointments (I kid you not my first visit was at 10 am when the o..."

September 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I don't know where everyone else has been going but I had a great experience. From check in until leaving was less than an hour. The staff were professional, ..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Three hour wait to initially see him. Showed up to my appointment for a biopsy two months later and was told that the good doctor was on vacation! I've taken a ..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I read the comments posted here before meeting with Dr El Masri however wanted to give him a chance. Most comments related to his office staff and punctuality w..."

June 30, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M4J 5B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 658 Danforth Av". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14164066540".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. El Masri was very kind and actually communicating nicely with my daughter. He seemed to know what he's doing, knowledgeable and confident. Staff are not rud..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Be prepared to wait about 3 hours past your appointment time. He over books everyday because his main concern is billing OHIP as much as he can....! Your time i..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Brutal. Just brutal. My pregnant wife waited three hours for a biopsy, then was told by Dr. El Masri that it couldn't be done without an ultrasound, even throug..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Masri is one of the best doctors that I ever met, he was very kind and caring, he helped us with our medical issue. "

March 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I FEEL LIKE THE VERY FEW POSITIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS PLACE AND DR ARE DONE EITHER BY HIM, HIS STAFF, OR HIS FAMILY MEMBERS. CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY?, WELL BEING? ..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "There is a reason why his clinic is overcrowded: a very experienced doctor. I was referred to him after seeing two surgeons and two specialists. What this docto..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "* The receptionist is not nice at all, very direct and very rude. * You have to wait for a VERY long time to see the doctor. The office is overbooked and cramp..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My family doctor sent him a transfer request more than 3 months ago, but till now I haven't gotten a response from them! It's a follow-up for my nose-job, which..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I see there have been positive reviews about his hand in rhinoplasty but I warn you not to get rhinoplasty done by this surgeon. I had my rhinoplasty done two y..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He was a great physical - very personable and knowledgeable. His staff was appalling: rude and never picked up the phone. I called at least 20-30 times during ..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Did not do much for me. Maybe he has help some people but he did not seem to hear anything I said or misunderstood it if he heard it."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor! He is very caring, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend him"

September 19, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Avoid at all costs! He had me waiting an hour past my scheduled appointment and when I asked the receptionist (worst and rudest person I've encountered in any..."

September 10, 2014
  • combined ratings from Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) listing (DID: 958985)

July 14, 2012
  • combined ratings from Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) listing (DID: 958985)

May 3, 2012