Ratings for Dr. William El Masri

Dr. El Masri saved my life and worked with me to get through the darkest year of my life. I cannot thank him enough. A extremely large growth on my thyroid was making things such as drinking , sleeping and breathing very difficult...living with a phobia of doctors and anything hospital related didn't help, but I was forced to deal with this. He was understanding as worked to process a lot of mental "stuff" in a very short timeframe before surgery. He did what he could to minimize the hospital stay post-op - which I extremely appreciated. In the end, everything turned out fine. My scar is hardly visible and I don't have to see him anymore! Yes - his wait times are very, very, very long. But when you're going from not being able to drink, sleep or breathe without gagging/gasping for air to being normal...I tend not to mind the wait and enjoy a couple of nice deep breaths while waiting for him to arrive.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Don't go to this doctor for anything. He is not good at what he does.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Waited 2 hrs to see him (even though I had an appointment). He was kind enough and I was satisfied with his recommendation EXCEPT he advised I would be charged if my lump was benign (as OHIP would consider it cosmetic). I had read reviews he was money hungry so I sought a 2nd opinion. I went to a Dr in a hospital. With the initial consultation and surgery, i was in and out in an hour.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Brilliant doctor but I question the time of calling back there patient for test result or follow up. Dr.masri is one of the best of what he does but the calling in and never able to speak with the receptionist or the voice mail being full is in question but he is one of the best in his feild with our contest.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

My experience was that his office, bed side manner and overall knowledge was better than most. I'm not a frequent user of doctors in general but I'm very aware of the costs/fees and he did exactly what was best for me and my tax dollars. I'm senior level accountant so take that for what it's worth. I think all receptionist/admins could be better at customer service but there are so many chronic whiners that abuse this free service (tax payer provided) I'm not surprised they r all a bit short with instructions.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I visited Dr. El Masri a month ago for a sinus infection. He proceeded to send me for multiple tests that I did not need (and that had nothing to do with my chief complaint), including a hearing test and a biopsy of my thyroid. Everything was negative, obviously, but since that biopsy, I have developed severe shooting pain at the base of my neck from where the biopsy was obtained, and that pain radiates up to my jaw and causes me migraines. Long story short, Dr. El Masri made a lot of money by subjecting me to an unnecessary and risky procedure, and I came out of it with more complications, when all I had was a simple sinus infection. Ridiculous. Eventually, my sinus infection was simply cured by an antibiotic, but now I still have these pains. Now I'm praying to God that this man suffers the same pain that I'm suffering every day now.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Masri is a good ENT if you can get past the constant 2hr wait to see him. Packed office with grumpy patients being made to wait unrealistic times.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I had my rhinoplasty done with Dr. El Masri at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic.He is very detailed and took his time with me and answered all my questions since I was very nervous, maybe that why he is sometimes late because he takes his time with everyone and answers all their questions. I am very happy with my results. My nose looks perfect and so natural.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Atrocious. Show up for a follow up visit and results of ultrasound and told that due to a software glitch they don't have the results. This procedure was from August 12. Receptionist is unhelpful and makes this the patients problem. It's unacceptable. The waiting room is packed. A woman has been waiting for 3 hours. When I ask why there wasn't a follow up initiated prior to my appointment she again says I didn't know what procedures were done. My software wasn't working. It is so shabby

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Money hungry.. Books 3-5 patients for the same time slot and does not care if you have to wait 4 extra hours after your appointment time. Took $60 from me when i asked for a school letter for the day of my surgery. His assistant put the money in an envelope and places it under a book. Very shady staff. Wont even get into his surgical incompetence. Just a horrible doctor. Avoid him if you care about your health or time. These positive comments must be his staf or family members.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016