Ratings for Dr. Kenneth W Bramlett

I was up walking on a walker 10 hr. after i checked in to hospital for hip replacement, about 15 years ago. He wants you to get off your butt and get busy

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr Bramlett, 2015, performed knee replacement. I found him knowledge, straight forward on what to expect, and he answered all my questions. He was friendly and courteous. His staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous. The whole experience was positive.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr Bramlett performed knee and shoulder surgery on me about 12 years ago. He was excellent and nice. Despite the fact that I'm 12 years older I am able to play tennis frequently and at the same level prior to the surgeries. The outcome was excellent.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Bramlett is very arrogant, curt, condescending, and does not listen to any of the patient's complaints or questions. He failed to make a diagnosis of a complication of his surgery causing significantly more problems with the knee surgery. He is consistently late for his appointments and then uses the excuse (lies) that he had been in a meeting. There are so many more knowledgeable and technically superior orthopedic surgeons in the Birmingham area than Dr. Bramlett such as Dr. Timothy Cool or Dr. Herrick Siegel.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Bramlett does appear as very short and curt, however he is an expert in his field. When dealing with my health I want results not a comedy routine. He wants what is best for his patients and the quickest recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Bramlett.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I respect his diagnosis, and his assessment saying "I would know when it was the right time" even though I was bone on bone. I totally agree with his pre-habilitation and re-habilitation regimen and can only say my rapid, pain free recovery was a tribute to his skills - bi-lateral hip replacement 9 years ago.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I am sooooo thankful that I used Dr. Bramlett for my TKR. On my first visit, I didn't know what to think of him and I can see how his personality can be misunderstood. But I knew a few of his other patients and what great outcomes they had, so I opted for him last November. I soon realized that he has a very dry sense of humor and learned to enjoy the banter. I also soon learned what an incredible physician he is. My knee problems were due to a basically deformed leg, and I shutter to think if I had used a surgeon other than Dr. B. After surgery, he was very reasuring during my recovery and sure enough, I am now enjoying being pain-free! I can't thank him enough and I hope he is still practicing when I need him in the future.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Arrogant, Poor Patient Skills, and just an overall jerk. Had a smart condecending answer for my questions. Would never use him again. My Uncle had the same experience. Too many good Doctors to choose from.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr.Bramlett is an awesome surgeon, I put off my TKR for a couple of years due to the horror stories others had told me from there after surgery recovery, I came to a point I could not walk so......no choice, did some research..I wanted the best that I could find...my choice Dr.B....I was not disappointed yea he was short to the point and told me to loose weight....guess what, he was correct in everthing he told me. If you do not think your overweight when you are... look in the mirror. I am 4 months since surgery, I went back to work 6 weeks after surgery I have lost 43lbs since my first visit with Dr.B. and am working on much more. He did his part I am doing my part and we are having great results. 6 days after surgery I was only taking regular tylenol for discomfort from the swelling and the incision I have not felt this good in many years....Thanks to Dr. Bramlett for giving me back the quality of life to enjoy my hobbies and actually getting to walk again pain free!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Best doctor I have ever been to. I have been around I have been beaten and battered by the NFL. I have been to "the Dr. Andrews" and found he is a bunch of talk. He has his interns take care of you like you are not important to him. All you are is another check for him to buy another european sports car. No Dr. Bramlett he is old-school he drives around a 15 year old Mercedes, and works harder than any man you have ever seen. Dr. Bramlett has revolutionized surgery making it quicker and efficient for a patient to go in and get out of the hospital.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2010

Dr. Kenneth W Bramlett's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)