Hubschman Jean-Pierre MD

Clinic

Rate Hubschman Jean-Pierre MD

Ratings for Hubschman Jean-Pierre MD

Value

I was referred to Dr Hubschman approximately 18 month ago with a retina problem which had caused my vision to be reduced and blurry. My inability to read or clearly see the television was very disconcerting. I was extremely worried and, frankly, quite frightened about this condition. I went to the appointment nervous and fearful that I might never regain the level of sight I had prior to this happening. After examination and photos Dr Hubschman calmly, patiently and compassionately explained that retina edema was the culprit. We had a lengthy discussion regarding possibilities, outcomes and his recommendation for treatment which was a series of injections. I could not imagine injecting a needle in the eye. After my pure look of panic he proceeded to allay and almost alleviate my fears and apprehensions as he quietly assured me that injections were not uncommon. My inclination towards immediate flight went away due to my realizing the clinical skill and knowledge he possessed. I had my first injection that day - first in the series of three. It has taken 18 months, a number of injections with no need of surgery to reach a 20/25 vision with corrective glasses and my eye has progressively improved. I have no problem reading, driving or clearly distinguishing objects and people at a distance. I am so very grateful and thankful for Dr Hubschman - he is an amazing clinician, knowledgeable and skillful. The staff is exceptional - front desk, office, assistants, RN's, are friendly, competent and caring - Christina is a gem with her compassion, caring and skillful manner with the patients. The Fellows also convey trust and confidence with their clinical knowledge and skill.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Value

My wife had cataract surgeries on both eyes is her early twenties. Due to her stretched retina situation, no lens implants nor capsule removal was done on her due to the high risk of detached retina. With the corrective glasses, she was able to see close up and far away almost 20/20 without lens implant. 25 year later, the capsule the used to hold the lens has detached itself from the ligaments on one eye, and eventually a year later on the other eye, and piled up in the center of her pupil causing cloudiness and eventually blindness. Her life time Jules Stein retina doctor almost gave up on her. Any surgery on her eye could have caused high risk on damaging her retina. My wife was miserable for long time. She thought she had no more options and blindness is her only destiny. Until Dr. Hubschman was consulted in her doctor's office at Jules Stein. His presence was very noticeable. He checked on her and immediately said: I will fix you, and if something happened to your retina, I will fix it myself. The confidence in him was tremendous. I was so impressed by his knowledge and expertise. The fact he has double expertise, retina and cataract, that made him more impressive. I felt he was a messenger from heaven sent to help who needs him most. I Immediately told my wife he's the Man...! Incredible, how he restored hope back to her. He eventually performed vitrectomy, cleaned up the capsule and corrected holes in her retina with reinforcement of the retina perimeter, all in one operation. My wife just recovered from her second surgery. She owes him her eye sight and I owe him peace and joy back to our family life. We both are forever very grateful to Dr. Hubschman. He is definitely a prodigy! His entire staff is wonderful; They are very helpful, and Alex his surgery scheduler and medical assistant, is a wonderful person. He did a lot of disability paper works for her with a full smile without any hesitation!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Doctors at Hubschman Jean-Pierre MD

Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman

Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman

Latest Rating

Dr. Hubschman is a very skilled surgeon. Two months ago Dr. Hubschman performed surgery to repair a macular hole in my right eye. The macular hole caused distorted... Read more