Albany Medical Clinic

Cleanliness
Facilities
Services
Value

The old facilities were disgraceful, and the move chaotic, but the new facilities are very nice. Not plush-and-lush, but bright, open, with large elevators and wide hallways, the waiting areas open to natural light and a view of the green rooftop on a lower level, and the entry path generous enough to easily accommodate large wheelchairs or mobility scooters. Experiences with front-line staff have been varied; there used to be a lot of lining up and waiting. That's pretty much not what my recent experiences there have been. Perhaps over time the staff with attitude either improve or move on. However, their scent policy leaves much to be desired. There are little signs here and there stating they are a "scent aware" environment, the place is a scent-bomb minefield. Some washrooms are sometimes reeking of airspray or scent-emitting block "deodorizers." They seem to have fixed the phone-in gauntlet ... taking an hour or more just to make an appointment. Sometimes I'd just show up at the walk-in on my fam.doc's rotation there; waiting for the doctor on a first-come, first-served basis took less time than the wait for an attendant to make an appointment for me! All that seems to be in the past, and I'm really glad I stuck with my primary care doctor despite the setting in which she practised. Hospitals and clinics (even in Toronto), entire schools and universities, are scent-free (including the entire city of Halifax and all the institutions in it) ... or have ready accommodations for those who suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, as more and more people seem to do.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Doctors at Albany Medical Clinic

Dr. Nirvana Hujic

Dr. Nirvana Hujic

Latest Rating

I've been a patient a few years now and have no complaints