Rate Lions Gate Hospital

Ratings for Lions Gate Hospital

Value

Excellent and caring staff who truly treat their patients as if they are their own family members, I am terrified of Hospitals and was terrified in preparation for my procedure and ALL the staff were caring and took the time to calm me down. The procedure went well and thanks to the staff at Lions Gate, Lions Gate my location of choice for outpatient procedures.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2019

Value

I was fearfull after reading some of the reviews on this hospital since I was going into an unfamiliar facility for a tumor on my brain. The staff I encountered were all very helpful and kind. I got excellent nursing care both before and after the procedure . I had one on one care and as soon as I would ring my bell my nurse appeared. I saw nothing that would make me uncomfortable to recommend the hospital. Things appeared to be clean. If I had a complaint it would be the food was not very good and I would think better quality in this department would lead to better healing. Thank you to my excellent nursing staff who seemed to work long shifts over the Thanksgiving weekend without complaint and to my Dr. who was very reassuring.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2019

Value

I just read some reviews about this prison. Nothing has changed since 1986. I was lucky to survive the massive infection I got that was ignored for 5 days til my doc got back from vacay, they cut me open again on the bed with no freezing and a blunt probe and puss spewed everywhere, nurses wouldn't come to help the lady in the bed beside me with s broken hip then verbally shamed her for wetting the bed, the docs never washed their hands before or after poking around my infected incision and handling curtains, some of the nurses were extremely miserable and mean to patients....in the end my employer sent me to a diff doc and hospital where I got 70 stitches and an infectious disease specialist to heal me, and the chief of staff wanted me to SUE THE OTHER DOCTORS. The docs from Lions Gate got together to have a meeting, documents were doctored, and one of them phoned to intimidate me! It took me 18 months to recover. Nothing has apparently changed.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2019

Value

no doctors available came for treatment denied twice even though doctors office made appoiments doctor's secretary told me that hospital only take emergency patients. I had to wait until until it was an emergency .I could not understand why she made appoitment for me when I advised her that I had to take a ferry loose work pay and my companion she said take or leave it

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Value

Best ER in the lower mainland by far. Have been there twice.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Value

Avoid this hospital if at all possible. As many reviewers have noted the nurses have a poor attitude and are dismissive of older patients.Care? Compassion? What is that? With the rare exception you will not find it at this hospital. Unfortunately due to my husbands health we have had the experience of three lower Mainland hospitals .Lions Gate is the absolute worst . If you go to this hospital you will need an advocate to help you . Even then ,it will be difficult to navigate. Six E is the absolute worst and the nurses are very “ busy”.Yes they are .....chatting on the phone ,cruising Facebook and texting....NOT dealing with patients. This hospital is a disgrace.Not sure why they continue to get away with providing such substandard care.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2019

Value

I was seen by Dr Jon (Jonathan) McGregor in 2016 for a wrist injury. He diagnosed me with gout and gave me the wrong medication which made it worse. I also notified my employer that I was diagnosed with gout and that lead to my supervisor questioning my health in the job. I saw my family doctor and she prescribed me the right medication for a minor wrist injury. I never had any other issues with my wrist and the diagnosis that Dr. Jon (Jonathan) McGregor made was incorrect. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. Thanks, bye.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

Value

The care in this hospital is appalling. When asked to do oral care before feeding so no partials of food would enter the lungs and cause pneumonia on a patient unable to move or swallow. It was usually never done, it was me who informed them of a very advance stage of thrush and got care in place for this, however it was usually not done. This person got an infection from the hospital before surgery. The nurses let their garbage fall on the floor rather than putting it in the garbage can. Such as alcohol wipe packages plus the wipes themselves. Needle caps. Wet used clothes on the windowsills bedside tables. All this is not due to overworked but ignorance as there is garbage cans and laundry hampers in every room. I cleaned the room first thing as I visited. Same thing the room my dad was in. My mom sitting by his bed with her feet amongst used wipes on the floor in palliative care. I took a picture of this. Superbugs potentially being transfer to my mom via her shoes. No wonder this is such a filthy and dangerous hospital to be in.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2019

Value

My first time at LGH. I encountered so many friendly staff at both admissions and on 2nd floor. I had a colonoscopy. Lots of volunteers. Comfy waiting area, Such a great experience compared to other Vancouver hospitals. Thank you, staff, for welcoming and assisting me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2019

Value

The emergency triage staff did an excellent job in diagnosing my condition and arranging emergency surgery. The on call surgeon arrived within an hour and did a great job. Thanks to the PAR staff as well for taking good care of me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

Doctors at Lions Gate Hospital

Dr. Peter Zarkadas

Dr. Peter Zarkadas

Latest Rating

Nothing but praise for Dr. Zarkadas and his assistant Ghada. They gave me all the information I needed, responded quickly to any questions I had, and were able to d... Read more

Dr. Danny Mendelsohn

Dr. Danny Mendelsohn

Latest Rating

Doctor Mendelson and I have consulted over my nerve pain for quite some time. He has guided me along the decision making process with care and expertise. When it cam... Read more

Dr. John Adair

Dr. John Adair

Latest Rating

I’ve being going to John for 18 years now. A truly caring individual who takes the time to listen to my needs. I couldn’t ask for better Doctor.

Dr. Shahid Gul

Dr. Shahid Gul

Latest Rating

I have cervical and lumbar stenosis plus other issues. In February, Dr. Gul gave me hope that my life could improve, and in August, he delivered on that promise. He... Read more

Dr. Andrew Cheng

Dr. Andrew Cheng

Latest Rating

Excellent family doctor. Unlike other doctors, he was always patient and willing to help. Sorry to hear your illness. Our family is very grateful for your kind care.

Dr. Kyra Roeck

Dr. Kyra Roeck

Latest Rating

Our family doctor for several years and we could not ask for better. Agree with other reviewers that she is very competent and also open to natural approaches and a... Read more

Dr. James Hayward

Dr. James Hayward

Latest Rating

Hes amazing - he is smart and empathetic he is honest and kind and really wants to help his patients

Dr. Peter Schwarz

Dr. Peter Schwarz

Latest Rating

one of the most competent family doctors on the north shore. missing him now.

Dr. John Lebrun

Dr. John Lebrun

Latest Rating

Nice to have a Dr who listens and takes his time with his patients. My family has seen him for 20 years

Dr. Catherine Bazilli

Dr. Catherine Bazilli

Latest Rating

So helpful and attentive to all our concerns even as she was trying to look after a delivery across the road at the same time. Really impressed by her knowledge.