Dr. David D. Richardson's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. David Richardson, MD. is a Board-certified Ophthalmologist (Eye Surgeon) in Los Angeles, California. He is among an elite group of eye surgeons in the country performing the highly specialized canaloplasty procedure. In fact, patients have traveled half way around the world to have canaloplasty done by Dr. Richardson. He not only performs canaloplasty, he has also taught other surgeons how to do so.
Throughout his professional life, Dr. Richardson has engaged in the tireless pursuit of excellence, learning, and educating his patients and the public about eye health, particularly blindness prevention. He maintains two (2) health blogs and is an author of a book on cataracts.
Dr. Richardson started his private practice in San Gabriel, CA in 1999 where he spearheaded the use of such modern technologies as the accommodating Crystalens (with cataract surgery) and the iTrack microcatheter (canaloplasty glaucoma surgery). He moved his practice to San Marino California In 2013.
▒ About San Marino Eye ▒
San Marino Eye is one of the best vision centers in California lead by renowned Eye Surgeon, Dr. David Richardson. Our world-class standard and patient-focused approach make us one of the Leading Ophthalmology Centers in the US visited by patients from various parts of the world needing advanced glaucoma treatments.
At San Marino Eye, we are focused solely on YOU. We offer treatment based on your real needs using the best modern technology for your benefit. Yes, we have the most comprehensive and advanced glaucoma and cataract treatments available, but the heart of our service is we spend more time with you. We Listen So You Can See℠
- Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1995)
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract surgery
- Dry eyes
- Wet macular degeneration
- Eye floaters
- Retinal detachment
Awards & Recognitions
- SoCal Super Doctors® Honors (2010 – 2015)
- Pasadena Magazine’s Top Doctor Honors (2008-2014)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010-2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2009-2013)
- Harvard Linnane Scholar, Harvard Medical School
- Harvard National Scholar, Harvard Medical School
- Phi Beta Kappa Graduate Scholarship, Harvard Medical School
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Scholarship, Harvard Medical School
- Magna Cum Laude, University of Southern California
- Order of the Palm, University of Southern California
- Milo Don Appleman Jr., M.D. Memorial Award, University of Southern California
- J. Wesley Robb Endowed Scholarship in Human Value, University of Southern California