Rate Dr. Salim M. Shelby

Dr. Salim M. Shelby's Ratings

The worst Dr. I've ever seen. I'll NOT go back to him again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2012

He and staff don't seem to appreciate a patient's privacy - no matter what you indicate on the privacy form.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143410].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

I too felt like my husband was rushed in and out. Dr. never even examined him physically. Dr. Shelby just rushed to schedule a procedure....NEVER received information on the biopsy results in the mail as I was told. I had to call the office for the results after not hearing from them for 4 weeks. I am very unhappy with the care and I will be looking elsewhere for a Dr. who has actual concern for their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143409].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2009

Felt like I was on an assembly line. Rushed in and out of upper GI endoscopy before my head stopped spinning. Waited more than 2 weeks to get my results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143408].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr.Shelby saw me for 5 minutes in his office where he treated me poorly and ordered an EDG+Endo procedure. The test was one of the worst experiences I have gone through. Dr.Shelby made inappropriate comments to the nurses who were assisting him "while I was on the table". He said;"You are going to have to really hold her down" because I was wide awake and he knew I could feel everything.He never sprayed my throat(local anesthesia)and while the chart says that he gave me verced + fentanyl,I do not believe that he gave me the correct amount of the verced. His comments to the nurses frightened me. I had many procedures in my life - most of which did not cause discomfort, but having plastic tubing stuck down my mouth, throat, esophagus and into the colon hurt enormously. Lastly,Dr.Shelby never called me when the biopsy reports revealed 3 diagnoses. I"found out" about the ilnesses when a Path. report was MAILED to me. Dr.S.still has not returned any of my calls (6wks later)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

He is an excellent Health Care Provider and I would recommend him highly to anyone that needs his services. He was patient, caring and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2008

I was recommended to Dr. Shelby by my internist.I had only a positive experience with Dr. Shelby. He listened well to my symptoms, and explained in detail the possible causes. His office staff was knowledgeable and helpful. He performed a combined colonoscopy/endoscopy/biopsy on me, with no complications whatsoever. I had previously had one of these performed by a different doctor, and had experienced discomfort afterwards, but in this case, I had no discomfort. I would (and will) definitely go back to Dr. Shelby, and would recommend him to others searching for a competent gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2008

This doctor may have been responsible for my ruptured spleen following routine colonoscopy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1143404].votes_count ]]